Anyone similar to me?

citrusfruit

Reaction score
I doubt it but thought it was worth a try as I could really use some support and hubby is a bit rubbish at this stuff.

I have a beautiful baby boy and for that I am blessed. He was hard going and have only recently been able to think about number two.

Now I have had an inadequate smear test. I have had abnormal cells in the past and I don't really want to get pregnant until I have a normal result. So I have to wait three months and even then my smear might still be inadequate or abnormal meaning more waiting.

And, here is the part other may relate to even if you've not experienced the above...now it is out of my control...I am soooo broody :-( I really want baby 2 to make my family complete. Which is stupid because if none of this had happened we probably would have waited till the new year anyway...

If you can relate in any way, please come wait it out with me!

I can't relate to the waiting due to smear. However I can relate to the mega broodiness. I'm more broody than I've ever been. DH has agreed to one more just not yet and I don't want to wait so it's hard.
I'm struggling to keep my broodiness in check so not much help but just wanted to let you know I understand that side of it

Hi Sarah, thanks for your reply! With me, I think it's the sudden doubt that I will be able to have another. I've always just presumed it would happen at some point and now it's been delayed I just want it all now now now!

It's like I'm craving it! The testing, the pregnancy, the newborn baby smell!

When are you waiting till? Have you got a date? Fingers crossed all will be fine for me and we will try early next year.

Hi Sarah, thanks for your reply! With me, I think it's the sudden doubt that I will be able to have another. I've always just presumed it would happen at some point and now it's been delayed I just want it all now now now!

It's like I'm craving it! The testing, the pregnancy, the newborn baby smell!

When are you waiting till? Have you got a date? Fingers crossed all will be fine for me and we will try early next year.

When's your next smear booked for? Hope the wait doesn't drag too much.

Completely understand the craving thing. It's all I can think about st the moment.
We haven't got an exact date yet. I'm hoping sooner rather than later. Think next year is a possibility but I'm so impatient I wish it were this year

I've had abnormal smears every 6 months since the age of 20 (scottish so had my first a week after my 20th) I had a colposcopy at 23 and fell pregnant at 24 which doctors were ok with. I had a smear at 12 weeks post-partum to check, and although the results were abnormal they werent arent worse than id had. When my dd was 14 months old i fell pregnant with my son. Again i was checked at 12 weeks pp and this time with same results. I had chats with my doctor before each pregnancy and was advised that although i had abnormal cells in my cevix they were not at the stage of concern and waiting for pregnancy was not needed.

Don't want to make your broodiness worse sorry! lol but just wanted to share my experience. I have 2 children, we FINALLY just moved to a bigger house (albeit a 2 bedroom which wont last us) and im so broody for another :-( hate but love this feeling! xxx

I've had abnormal smears every 6 months since the age of 20 (scottish so had my first a week after my 20th) I had a colposcopy at 23 and fell pregnant at 24 which doctors were ok with. I had a smear at 12 weeks post-partum to check, and although the results were abnormal they werent arent worse than id had. When my dd was 14 months old i fell pregnant with my son. Again i was checked at 12 weeks pp and this time with same results. I had chats with my doctor before each pregnancy and was advised that although i had abnormal cells in my cevix they were not at the stage of concern and waiting for pregnancy was not needed.

Don't want to make your broodiness worse sorry! lol but just wanted to share my experience. I have 2 children, we FINALLY just moved to a bigger house (albeit a 2 bedroom which wont last us) and im so broody for another :-( hate but love this feeling! xxx

Fingers crossed it goes ok at next one for you.

Oh don't worry don't think it's possible to make it worse lol.

As it will be our last I kinda want to wait so it's not over too soon. But I love being pregnant so don't want to wait if that makes sense

Oh Teri, thank you so much for sharing. It's horrid what us women have to go through isn't it? It's reassuring to know that even though you have had abnormal cells, you still have the family you crave. (Well, almost!) I hope things continue to work out for you. I hope u manage to win your husband round soon.

My next smear is now due in December. I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow to see if I can get any more info on why they were inadequate. I just feel that the third will also be inadequate and then I'll have to wait longer! I'd rather just go to colposcopy now and cut out the middle man!!! Hopefully I'll at least get a bit of reassurance.

Sarah maybe we will be January bump buddies :thumbup:

Oops sorry I just noticed I replied to another person. I clearly need to go
To bed lol

Hope all works out ok for both of you with the smears

Maybe eh. That would be cool x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel