Anyone started buying yet??

M

mummyvikki

I have brought 3 things....
1. A baby towel and mitten as was reduced to £4 from £8
2. Some newborn long sleeved vest £7 as reduced again
3. A pack of 5 bibs £3 lol

I so want to buy everything...I'm only 11+2 but I'm so excited about all the gorgeous stuff. My OH will have a look around but gets hesitant when I mention buying anything as he thinks we should still wait till after the scan or when we find out what we are having. I've had both of our babies 8weeks early and if I think about having another baby that early we only have 21weeks to go (although I do want to think positive and I'm praying for a full term)

I'm also addicted to pushchairs and travel systems I constantly snoop online and get all excited haha xx

Haha! I really can't blame you....but as I'm 5 weeks with my first I'm being uber uber cautious! Still so scared that something will go wrong at the moment!

Secretly can't wait to buy stuff though!

Nik xx

I would love to buy things but already have them from DD.

I kept all her clothes, muslins, bugaboo travel system, maxi cosi car seat etc

Only things I'd like to get new this time are a cotbed, Moses basket, monitor and Dr brown bottles.

I have bought maternity stuff though! :)

I gave all my things away after having my daughter as I told oh we have one of each so was happy to stay at 2.
But now we literally have NOTHING.
Although my aunt had a baby 8months ago she may do some hand me downs and help us out.
Just another 2weeks hopefully till scan and oh said we can go and get some things :) I just love baby shopping!!xx

Iv saved loads of stuff from my dd but I refuse to buy anything new until after scan :)

Iv saved loads of stuff from my dd but I refuse to buy anything new until after scan :)

Hopefully I only have 2-3weeks max till I get my scan can you believe I saw the midwife 3weeks ago and still haven't recieved a scan date?? I can't remeber it being left so late with my other two. I'm 12weeks next week. Xx

I still don't have my scan date either :(

Only started TTC last month and got Bfp on the 1st, saw a load of stuff on 25-50% off back in February so bought it. We decided no matter how long it takes to get our baby we will have one so no point in paying full price in the future when we can get half price on something we really like now. Not finding out the sex so would have been bought unisex anyway.

Only started TTC last month and got Bfp on the 1st, saw a load of stuff on 25-50% off back in February so bought it. We decided no matter how long it takes to get our baby we will have one so no point in paying full price in the future when we can get half price on something we really like now. Not finding out the sex so would have been bought unisex anyway.

That's a great way to look at things.. I think just like you it's Oh who is more cautious xx

I still don't have my scan date either :(

We'll be 14weeks before we get our scan you watch. At what point can't they measure the neck??xx

I know :(. I think the NT scan has to be done before 14 weeks :s

I know the MW sent the hospital to request as I was there when she sent them the email.

I was thinking maybe it's all the Easter holidays but when it's been 3weeks surely they would have sorted it now. I'm hoping the post man brings me something tomorrow or I'll have to ask my midwife to chase it up. Xx

I started buying at 5w with my baby last year, i actually dont need much so probably wont buy till near end this time.

I was thinking maybe it's all the Easter holidays but when it's been 3weeks surely they would have sorted it now. I'm hoping the post man brings me something tomorrow or I'll have to ask my midwife to chase it up. Xx

I'm hoping it comes in the post tomorrow too. If not I'm seeing my MW again on Thursday so I'll chase it then.

I started buying before my bfp :blush: any time I see specials I buy and I already have layby'd a car seat :) I'm a little excited xx

I'm pregnant with #2. Only somewhere between 4-5 weeks. Not so sure. I bought with DD around 11 weeks but had had numerous scans before then. I have a scan on April 24th so if its all well, I may buy a little something

I really can't wait to start buying stuff I've already seen so much I like but as I'm only 6 weeks and haven't even had my first appointment I think I'll wait abit longer. Once I've had my first scan and everything is ok then I will celebrate with a big baby shop :) x

I received a born in 2015 vest from a friend and also we got a little lamb teddy with plush blanket set from Costco.... We couldn't resist it..

I'm 6+1, and I've bought a few little things here and there, like a 5 pack of onesies on sale.

However, last weekend, OH and I went to look at cribs with no intention to buy yet, just to look. We ended up picking one out. Then we saw that it has a matching dresser, and the floor model was on sale for $200, down from about $500, because it had a small scratch on the top. We couldn't resist, so we bought the dresser. We figured hey, it's a really nice dresser, we will still use it even if something terrible happens and we never end up with a baby.

My sister in law is crazy about buying baby clothes, and she has been shopping for clothes for us since we started trying for a baby. On one hand, it's nice - she has already given me two full bags full of mostly gender-neutral clothes. On the other hand, I want her to stop because I want to do some shopping for my baby too, and she's buying a lot of the fun things I wanted to shop for! Boy, if that's the worst of my problems, though... :)

I'm 6+1, and I've bought a few little things here and there, like a 5 pack of onesies on sale.

However, last weekend, OH and I went to look at cribs with no intention to buy yet, just to look. We ended up picking one out. Then we saw that it has a matching dresser, and the floor model was on sale for $200, down from about $500, because it had a small scratch on the top. We couldn't resist, so we bought the dresser. We figured hey, it's a really nice dresser, we will still use it even if something terrible happens and we never end up with a baby.

My sister in law is crazy about buying baby clothes, and she has been shopping for clothes for us since we started trying for a baby. On one hand, it's nice - she has already given me two full bags full of mostly gender-neutral clothes. On the other hand, I want her to stop because I want to do some shopping for my baby too, and she's buying a lot of the fun things I wanted to shop for! Boy, if that's the worst of my problems, though... :)

Haha, that's seriously so sweet of her though! What an awesome deal on the dresser too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->