Anyone struggling with a new cycle?

melewen

Reaction score
Is anyone out there feeling especially upset or depressed about AF showing her face? I'm only on cycle 5 now, but this new cycle has been extremely hard on me. I'm trying to stay positive, but it feels so so much easier said than done right now.

Hi this is cycle #5 for me too , and I'm really glad you posted this as I was really upset to see af this month , I too am trying to remain positive but it's so hard .
I think about being pregnant constantly it's crazy I need to chill , I have 4 gorgeous boys already and can't help feel like I'm being greedy by wanting another, and that's why its not happening . I wish you all the luck this cycle :) x

I'm struggling. I had a few faint positives one really good positive over three days. I had some severe dehydration and cramping, went to the ER and they did a blood test, and it came back BFN. (they didn't do the beta, only the 'yes' or 'no' so there's no way I could know whether I had a chemical or not because I didn't know to ask and I hate that I didn't inform myself)

I had the worst period of my life, and it was heart breaking. It was only cycle #2 of trying, but we did several ntnp and years of the pull out method with no accidents or blessings. I don't think I've cried so much in my entire life, and I never thought it would be so hard. If it happens again, I really think that I'll give up trying because I'm just not meant for such heartbreak. It terrifies me that I could so sincerely loose control of my own body.

We only want one, and I feel like it's not too much to ask of my body to just do this just this one time?

I go back and forth between my optimism and cynicism, jealousy and happiness for other people.

Hi ladies, newbie here. I feel like I could have written your posts and it worries me because I'm only starting cycle #4. I know it's been said here many many times before but I really wish I'd started this process earlier. I hadn't done much research before TTC and naively thought I'd be preggo in a jiffy! More fool me. And what troubles me is that hubby seems even more deflated about it than I am. He's putting a lot of pressure on himself about it. Just wish we both could relax about it a bit more, I feel like I'm obsessed :blush:

Fingers crossed for us all x

I'm struggling. I had a few faint positives one really good positive over three days. I had some severe dehydration and cramping, went to the ER and they did a blood test, and it came back BFN. (they didn't do the beta, only the 'yes' or 'no' so there's no way I could know whether I had a chemical or not because I didn't know to ask and I hate that I didn't inform myself)

I had the worst period of my life, and it was heart breaking. It was only cycle #2 of trying, but we did several ntnp and years of the pull out method with no accidents or blessings. I don't think I've cried so much in my entire life, and I never thought it would be so hard. If it happens again, I really think that I'll give up trying because I'm just not meant for such heartbreak. It terrifies me that I could so sincerely loose control of my own body.

We only want one, and I feel like it's not too much to ask of my body to just do this just this one time?

I go back and forth between my optimism and cynicism, jealousy and happiness for other people.

:hugs: :hugs: :flower: your post broke my heart and resonated with me. I understand your pain, and frustration. However, do not give up. It's the second cycle, and as they say healthy couples usually take approximately one year. If (for your sanity's sake) you need a cycle break from trying, do so. But do not give up and don't take a huge break. It will happen (cliché, I know. But I have to believe it for myself too).

keep at it love. Baby dust your way.

:hugs: and baby dust to everyone :dust:

I am feeling the same. I thought we were on cycle #5 but just realised yesterday its actually cycle #6 which makes it seem even more scary. Half a year already.

Really hope we all get our :bfp:s soon.

After talking with my husband, I think we're going to shelve it for a few months. Until at least after the new year.

I'm so sorry ladies. Mel, I was really hopeful for you last cycle :(
It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive so, being on cycle 5 doesn't necessarily indicate any problem, just that you haven't managed to catch that egg yet (not sure if that will make you feel better or worse but I hope it at least helps).
TTC is an awful mind game. I really hope that you all get your BFP's soon.

Just started cycle #2 today. Not really struggling because it was only our first cycle, but I literally had every pregnancy symptom going plus a couple faint pregnancy tests. But I'm feeling good about this new cycle!

In typical timely fashion, I found out this morning that a friend of mine is pregnant. I think they had trying about as long as we have so I can't help but feel jealous that it's happened for them first and so easily. That's two couples in our group of friends expecting now. I am genuinely happy for them but I really hope that we're next!

Hi, ladies! I hope you don't mind if I jump in on your thread. :blush:

If it makes any of you feel better, I'm on cycle #7. :( I was fortunate enough to get pregnant on cycle #4 (after NTNP for 3 months), but lost the pregnancy back in June with a MMC/D&C. Before my most recent AF (which was 3 days late), I was certain I was pregnant again. It's so frustrating not knowing what's going on with your body and then being extremely disappointed when you get that BFN. Wouldn't it be nice if we knew as soon as it happened instead of the TWW?

IrishKitty, I know exactly how you feel. It seems like everyone is pregnant! DH and I are the last of our friends to start TTC, so they all have children, which is sometimes tough to be around because of wanting my own so desperately. What's worse is 2 people in my office were/are pregnant, one had her baby at the end of September and the other is due next month (I would've been due December 24). Going to their baby showers was excruciating. :cry:

I feel like we should have had at least a faint bfp by now you know? Have any of you gone at least four months with no bfp at all.. To go on and get one?

Hi, ladies! I hope you don't mind if I jump in on your thread. :blush:

If it makes any of you feel better, I'm on cycle #7. :( I was fortunate enough to get pregnant on cycle #4 (after NTNP for 3 months), but lost the pregnancy back in June with a MMC/D&C. Before my most recent AF (which was 3 days late), I was certain I was pregnant again. It's so frustrating not knowing what's going on with your body and then being extremely disappointed when you get that BFN. Wouldn't it be nice if we knew as soon as it happened instead of the TWW?

IrishKitty, I know exactly how you feel. It seems like everyone is pregnant! DH and I are the last of our friends to start TTC, so they all have children, which is sometimes tough to be around because of wanting my own so desperately. What's worse is 2 people in my office were/are pregnant, one had her baby at the end of September and the other is due next month (I would've been due December 24). Going to their baby showers was excruciating. :cry:

Aw I'm so sorry for your loss Fluffet :hugs: I can imagine that must have been so hard. There's two girls pregnant in work also but we don't really tend to have baby showers here so much. Well done on getting through them, hopefully they'll be going to yours soon!

Luckybug - I really hope we're lucky number 3!

Melewen - I really wouldn't take as a bad sign that you haven't had a faint BFP yet. If I had one, I'd be worried about why it didn't turn stronger and I'm too much of a worrier as it is. Probably not the best logic but I'm sticking with it for my own sanity's sake heh. Hope you feel much better soon.

I am struggling. This is my 4th cycle. I felt like last month was it... BFN after BFN.. then a period so painful and heavy I had to call in sick to work. My heart is broken. I have been so responsible and waited u till I met the love of my life, got married, are financially ready for a baby... And now it's like I am being punished.

Oh, MrsB, I'm so sorry you're struggling. I completely understand how you feel about doing the responsible thing, though. DH and I did the same, and now that you mention it, it DOES kind of feel like punishment. :| I always thought it would be so easy to get pregnant, especially because we want it so bad. Now I feel like we might've waited too long, as I'm nearing 34. :(

I know this probably won't make you feel much better, but try to remember that it can take healthy couples up to a year to conceive, so don't lose hope. I'm sending love, hugs and baby dust your way. Hang in there, hun! <3 :hugs: :dust:

How's everyone doing in here? Where are you all with your cycles??

I am 1DPO, so let the mental anguish begin!

Fluffet, testing in 2 days??

MrsB, I feel for you, hun. :hugs: I'm nearing the end of my TWW, 4 days until testing. I had some random spotting yesterday and nothing today so I'm really hoping it's IB, but not holding my breath. I read somewhere that the closer spotting happens to AF, the less likely it's IB. A gal can hope, wish and dream, though, right? :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->