anyone taking birth control while breast feeding?

fashionlover

Reaction score
My doctor has recommended the mini pill. I have never in my life taken birth control but really do not want to get pregnant again. Has anyone tried the mini pill while breastfeeding?

Yes I took Camila (mini pill) and loved it :) Never felt any different and my supply didn't drop. Also didn't get pregnant, is the main thing!

Im not taking the mini pill but I have the paragard iud and have had no issues with it. It made my period come which made my supply dip for a couple of days but nothing all day clusterfeed sessions couldnt solve. Only had it in a month now but no weight difference either. Its non hormonal so I guess thats a plus as well as not having to remember to take it or deal with annoying doctors appointments. Its in for 10 years unless you want it removed before then.

I am taking the mini pill, not sure of the brand name. Working fine for me, not interfering with milk, and I'm not gaining any weight.

I have the implant (implanon) i kind of hate the idea of any hormones getting passed on to lo but even his pediatrician said that its such a small amount and the its a hormone he already naturally has in his body that it wont make a difference. Plus i simply CAN'T get pregnant again right now lol good luck!

I was on it for about 6 weeks. It was more to control bleeding off and on, all the time. It didn't help and my appetite went up and I put a few pounds on. I quit taking it a month ago and those few pounds came back off, well maybe 2 or 3 more to go. I quit taking it because the bleeding got worse. Now, I am not bleeding left and right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->