anyone taking Soya Isoflavines?

Lindyloo

mummy to 2 + twin angels
Reaction score
I had some light bleeding last sunday for a few days on and off and for cycle sake decided to call it cd1, I started Soya on cd4 and finished on cd8, yesterday... well it would seem that last sunday wasnt AF because I have just got my first really strong line on an opk on cd9 (normal o day is between 21 and 25) so I took Soya at the wrong time, does anyone know if this was cause any problems with this months eggie etc??

I hope I've made sense!!

sorry hun I dont know what SI is, hope you get some asnwers tho! (and also your bfp!!) xx

thank you :) ...I take them instead of Clomid because they are supposed to help the egg production and quality.

Honey, I believe they can help that fast! I took them this past cycle. My last two I ovd cd 48 and cd 70. I thought soy might make me cd 30, but I actually ovd cd 14. That is normal I have never done that since sept with ttc. So the first cycle it worked for me:)

wow... it's always so long but I think you could be right, I guess our bodies are so sensitive to changes at the moment. Just have my FX'd that this is it and we wont have to go through to many more cycles for our bfp x

Congratulations Shaerichelle on your BFP x

Let me know how everything goes with you! I am going to start next cycle. Right now I am on cycle day 17 and have been spotting the last few days with no positive OPK this is my first cycle since miscarriage. What the heck is going on!

After talking to my acupuncturist about soy, I decided to give it a go this cycle. I'm on CD 4 today and started it yesterday. I usually ov between CD22 and 28. I'm hoping to bring it down a bit. I'll let you know how it goes!

Its probably a very accurate strong OPK. You will likely ovulate much earlier with the Soy! :) You did everything just right! :hugs:

I had some light bleeding last sunday for a few days on and off and for cycle sake decided to call it cd1, I started Soya on cd4 and finished on cd8, yesterday... well it would seem that last sunday wasnt AF because I have just got my first really strong line on an opk on cd9 (normal o day is between 21 and 25) so I took Soya at the wrong time, does anyone know if this was cause any problems with this months eggie etc??

I hope I've made sense!!

Lindy, do you chart your temps? I'm curious if you had a temp rise and you did actually Ov on CD9. I just did my first round of Soy Isoflavones from CD3-7. I'm on CD 8 now. I usually Ov between CD 22 - 28. I'm going to start doing OPK's tomorrow in hopes that I Ov earlier. I'm dying to know if it worked for you so please keep us posted!

Hi ladies - sorry to jump in on this thread but please can you help? I am hoping to start Soya next month but have no idea how much and what to take. I am in the UK. Can anyone help with dosage etc. I have a 26-28 day cycle and normally ovulate on CD17. Before I lost my baby last year I used to ovulate on CD10-11 so I am hoping to bring it forward. Thanks! xxx

Lulu, you should take 80mgs - 120mgs of soy isoflavones for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle. Most women take them on CD3 - 7. From what I understand, you may ovulate 5 - 10 days from the last day you take the soy.

Since you ovulate on CD17, I'm not sure you really need to take it. There are theories that say if you ovulate past day 21, then your egg quality might not be as good. But you are still in the healthy range. If I were you, I would read up on it to make an informed decision.

There is a good thread about it here: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-buddies/179679-any-soy-ladies-out-there.html

Lulu, you should take 80mgs - 120mgs of soy isoflavones for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle. Most women take them on CD3 - 7. From what I understand, you may ovulate 5 - 10 days from the last day you take the soy.

Since you ovulate on CD17, I'm not sure you really need to take it. There are theories that say if you ovulate past day 21, then your egg quality might not be as good. But you are still in the healthy range. If I were you, I would read up on it to make an informed decision.

There is a good thread about it here: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-buddies/179679-any-soy-ladies-out-there.html
Thank you! I will take a read. It's tricky as I dont want to mess my cycles up further. but feel desperate to try something!! will read up now xxx

How long ago was you loss hon? You know, once you have a mc, your cycles can permanently change. Are your cycles pretty regular? Do you ovulate on or around day 17 every month? If so, I wouldn't say that your cycles are messed up. It sounds like your body has just shifted. That happened to me too.

I know the feeling of desperation to try something. It is so awful to not feel in control of our bodies. Just make sure to read up before making a decision. And remember, it is entirely possible and likely that you can get pregnant ovulating on day 17.

xoxo

I hope I've made sense!!

Lindy, do you chart your temps? I'm curious if you had a temp rise and you did actually Ov on CD9. I just did my first round of Soy Isoflavones from CD3-7. I'm on CD 8 now. I usually Ov between CD 22 - 28. I'm going to start doing OPK's tomorrow in hopes that I Ov earlier. I'm dying to know if it worked for you so please keep us posted!

I am not sure that I really had a true af when I did if that makes sense so it could well be O before my first AF!.. in which case taking the soya may have just been a coincidence. I dont think I will know this cycle unfortunately. I have heard it can make quite a bit of difference to some though. FX'd for your BFP this month

Thank you! I will take a read. It's tricky as I dont want to mess my cycles up further. but feel desperate to try something!! will read up now xxx

I ovulate on CD16 WITH the soy. It won't likely bring it forward more than that. I really think you might make things worse by taking it, tbh. I'm just trying to save you some trouble, hun. :hugs: Good luck on your BFP!

Thanks ladies for the advice. I think I will give the soy a miss for the time being. I ovulate on CD16/17 nearly every month. Shortly after my loss my cycles were between 22 and 25 days (so a short LP) however the last two cycles were 27 and 28 day cycles. So maybe my body is now back to its new normal. I am currently on CD18 (ovulated yesterday) so fingers crossed I get another 27/28 day cycle which would hive me at last a 10 day LP (well a BFP would be better!) xxx

I had a short LP after my first mc too. I use Emerita progesterone cream from Ov to AF and it has lengthened it quite a bit. If you are worried about a short LP, you might ask your doc to check your progesterone levels. Mine actually came back normal, but the cream really did help me. I tried B6 and that didn't do anything. With the cream I went from a 9-11 day LP to a 12-13 day LP.

I had a short LP after my first mc too. I use Emerita progesterone cream from Ov to AF and it has lengthened it quite a bit. If you are worried about a short LP, you might ask your doc to check your progesterone levels. Mine actually came back normal, but the cream really did help me. I tried B6 and that didn't do anything. With the cream I went from a 9-11 day LP to a 12-13 day LP.

Thanks for the advice. I am not sure where to get prog cream..? Is it on the net? My doctor checked my progesterone at 7DPO and it is actually on the high end of normal (he has checked twice on two cycles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->