Anyone taking Tamoxifen?

Thanks, Lisa! I read about it a bit online, and couldn't find anybody who's actually using it. Everyone says it sounds yucky :)

I'm going to be taking my Tamoxifen shortly.Do I take both tabs together or space them out? It will be 40mg

Thanks, Lisa! I read about it a bit online, and couldn't find anybody who's actually using it. Everyone says it sounds yucky :)

I posted a long message about it last night and the page crashed on me lol.

look on the amazon preseed reviews there are several who switched to canola oil and got a BFP.
on the ingender site canola oil is used for TTC a girl
https://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/29976/274726.aspx

used canola oil and got a BFP
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a19230636/holy_moly_bfp?cpg=3&csi=2087475337&pd=0

canola oil is the only lubricant that causes no harm to sperm.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8894797

Google search canola oil BFP and there are many other success storys.

If its too icky for you then dont try it I am just trying to be helpful. and share the information I have learned.
Tamoxifen has been found to increase CM so you may not need any lubricant. I know my CM has really increased.:dust:
I am going to start testing with OPKs tomorrow!.

Hi everyone on here.

I have just started taking tamoxifen this cycle, currently i am on cd 6. I am on 20mg and having some bad side effects but i'm hoping it will settle next mth or i'll have to come off it. I think its strange cos i never suffered with any on clomid but then again these are meant to be stronger.
So how are you all getting on with it? I am taking it cd 2-6 and then have a blood test on cd 22 to see if i have ovulated.
Maliah09 has your af come yet? Keeping fingers crossed for ya. Would be fantastic if we all fell pregnant and then we can all be bump buddies together.
Would be great to hear from you all and find out how your all getting on.
Chantel x

Hi lisap2008, i am going to look into your information about canola oil if i don't get much cm. I have heard of preseed but not this but hey if it better than preseed then its worth ago. Anything to get my BFP is worth a go. So how long have you been on tmx? This is my 1st mth and getting dead excited now i know there is a few of us out there.

Good luck xx

Hi Chan1983 welcome and good luck!! this is my first cycle taking it, what side effects are you having?, mine were headaches , hot flashes and mood swings. I was on 40 mg , side effects seemed to go away after the last pill. now I am just having little ovary pains hopefully that means I have stimulated a few good eggs.

Hi lisap2008 i'm having serve headaches, hot flushes, dizzy spells and feeling very sick. Only had them while i was taking the tablets and they appear to have stopped at the moment which is good but i'll have i get on when i ovulate to see if i have any problems then. I'm having a little pain in my ovaries but its too early for me to ovulate yet so not sure what that is about. Keep me updated on how you get on this month. Keeping my fingers crossed for you hun. Its seems that there are quite a few of us now on this and all of us seem to be on our 1st cycle of it x

I had some ovary pains too the 2 days after my last pill I almost worried I was ovulating already but the OPK was negative so it was most likely just the follies growing. I had headaches my last day taking them and I took Tylenol it helps alot. sorry your having such a hard time on it. good luck :dust:

No af so taken my 1st norethisterone tablet. Will be on my tamoxifen journey again next week or so.

No af so taken my 1st norethisterone tablet. Will be on my tamoxifen journey again next week or so.

Good luck I hope this month results in your BFP, 40mg should do the trick in studies it was found to have the same effect on the hormones as 150mg of clomid.:flower:

I had some ovary pains too the 2 days after my last pill I almost worried I was ovulating already but the OPK was negative so it was most likely just the follies growing. I had headaches my last day taking them and I took Tylenol it helps alot. sorry your having such a hard time on it. good luck :dust:

Same here according to cbfm i'm not either but i'm had a fair bit of cm which i only normally get when ovualting, sorry if tmi.
What is tylenol? as i've never heard of it, take it that your ok to take if if you end up pregnant? Was only taking paracetamol but that tends not to work for me and didn't think we could take anything else. How are you getting on now? I'm on day 8 now and feeling ok now i'm not taking the tablets :winkwink:.

Keeping fingers crossed for you meliah09. Hope you get your bfp this time round

Aww ty ladies x x Fingers crossed for all of you too.
Just hoping the headaches stay away on 40mg, as on 20mg headaches were so bad painkillers never touched them :O(
I'm going to try the sperm meets egg plan if I have a follicle

Same here according to cbfm i'm not either but i'm had a fair bit of cm which i only normally get when ovualting, sorry if tmi.
What is tylenol? as i've never heard of it, take it that your ok to take if if you end up pregnant? Was only taking paracetamol but that tends not to work for me and didn't think we could take anything else. How are you getting on now? I'm on day 8 now and feeling ok now i'm not taking the tablets :winkwink:.

Tylenol is Acetaminophen in your country its called paracetamol its the only safe form of painkiller for use during TTC and pregnancy.
it takes the edge off the headaches for me so I can go about my daily activities.
I am having some moderate cramping today I tested and OPK is BFN. so hopefully in the next 3 days I get my + OPK.

Tylenol is Acetaminophen in your country its called paracetamol its the only safe form of painkiller for use during TTC and pregnancy.
it takes the edge off the headaches for me so I can go about my daily activities.
I am having some moderate cramping today I tested and OPK is BFN. so hopefully in the next 3 days I get my + OPK.

Oh right, thats what i've been taking when having the headaches but it doesnt touch it when they have been that bad. I have tested today with cbfm and i am on 2 bars to i'm in the high period before i ovulate which i will be in 4 days i hope. Guess we are all gonna be very busy over the new 4 -6 days, lol.
Here's preying for our :bfp: this month. Good luck everyone xx

So sorry it does not help your headaches.
Well I am a little stressed today I have been having cramps all day literally feels like my ovaries are going to burst any time now but OPK is negative still.
whats stressing me out even worse is today is day 6 of DH abstaining in hopes of a high sperm count. I did not expect to ovulate late. tomorrow will be 7 days of abstaining. so now I am not sure if we should go ahead and BD tonight for him to have a release and then try to BD again on ovulation day which should be in the next two days or just keep abstaining till I get my positive OPK.
I have been blessed with a super sensitive DH who is sore for a few days after BD so we can only BD once around ovulation any more then that and it hurts him.:x
Maybe we should BD tonight and the sperm will still catch the egg ? IDK.

Well I am a little stressed today I have been having cramps all day literally feels like my ovaries are going to burst any time now but OPK is negative still.
whats stressing me out even worse is today is day 6 of DH abstaining in hopes of a high sperm count. I did not expect to ovulate late. tomorrow will be 7 days of abstaining. so now I am not sure if we should go ahead and BD tonight for him to have a release and then try to BD again on ovulation day which should be in the next two days or just keep abstaining till I get my positive OPK.
I have been blessed with a super sensitive DH who is sore for a few days after BD so we can only BD once around ovulation any more then that and it hurts him.:x

Well i'd stay go ahead with tonight and then try again when you ovulate. Sperm lasts for up to 5 days once inside you so fingers crossed it will be ok. Has he been to the doctors to see why that is? My doctor says you need to be doing it every 2nd day but you only need that one sperm to meet the egg to give you that BFP. I'm on cd 11 and still only on 2 bars on cbfm but i have 3 more days to ovulation as this normally happens on cd 14. So gonna bd tonight and then on ovulation day i think.
Try not to stress hun remember to stay positive x

Well i'd stay go ahead with tonight and then try again when you ovulate. Sperm lasts for up to 5 days once inside you so fingers crossed it will be ok. Has he been to the doctors to see why that is? My doctor says you need to be doing it every 2nd day but you only need that one sperm to meet the egg to give you that BFP. I'm on cd 11 and still only on 2 bars on cbfm but i have 3 more days to ovulation as this normally happens on cd 14. So gonna bd tonight and then on ovulation day i think.
Try not to stress hun remember to stay positive x

Thanks were planning on BDing this morning after the kids are off to school. and hopefully my + opk comes soon. I dont think there is anything wrong with him he is just sensitive and gets sore for a few days after BDing. he is being sweet to me this cycle though and said he will BD with me again when I ovulate. well I am experiencing some water retention woke up and for the first time ever did not have to urinate very much and having alot of abdominal discomfort and bloating hopefully I dident over stimulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->