Anyone that has gone through IVF

maidenkates

Reaction score
What are the meds like? They tell me I would have to inject myself... I am afraid of needles... How big are the needles? Is it really as bad as I am making it out to be? Thank you for reading :hugs:

Hi, the meds are fine, they made me feel tired and had aching ovaries but nothing too bad to cope with. Also I was absolutely dreading the injection, I had to get DH to do the first one and it took ages for me to let him, when he did it I was like 'oh, is that it'? from then I done them on my own every morning, got into a routine and you will surprised how quickly you get used to doing it and the needles aren't big, 1 of mine was in an injection pen which was really easy to use, It made me feel I was doing something productive every morning that would take me one step closer to my dream, don't worry you will be fine and I'm the biggest worrier going!
good luck xx

Thank you so much! I worry about everything always too haha I don't do well with artificial hormones so I was worried about that too, but I can deal with tired and cramps. ;) thank you again xo

When do you start? I've done Ivf 3 times. Last one worked. Hang on in there xx

I'm just in the middle of it all so can help a little. Tonight will be night 4 of injections/stim's.

If possible I would suggest getting your OH to do the jags for you... It's so much easier. That being said I did my own injections for my IUI cycle and it was fine so if you have to do it yourself you'll be ok. It really is just mind over matter and once you have done it once you'll see it's fine. I'm on Menopur as one of mine and it stings so I ice the site first. The actual injection/poke isn't sore at all as the needles are so sharp and my 2nd injection I barely feel.

I'm on quite a high dose of meds and so I've been having headaches off and on and today a little nausea but it's not bad - totally manageable and I haven't had to take any painkillers yet. I haven't had any cramping or pain in my ovaries yet but guess it's still early days! Tomorrow I go for my scan to see how I am responding and then I start with my 3rd injection!

It's not fun, I won't lie but it is absolutely fine and you just keep reminding yourself why you are doing it! As Star said it feels good to know you are doing something productive to help achieve your dream! Good luck! When do you start?

The shots suck at times but it's nothing compared to the beautiful miracle you will have when you are done. We did IVF with menopure, clomid, and several others. We got 15 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 survived 5 day growing. They are now cryogenically frozen and if we can't conceive on our own we will use them. I wound up hyper stimulating and it was very painful. I wound up needing surgery from it. The best advice I can give is let the medicines get room temperature so they don't hurt as much and try to do them in the evening so you skip the icky side effects.

Hi ladies,
I have been M.I.A. For a while, things have been crazy. My DH went to get a second opinion and he has an appointment for a vasectomy reversal next month. It is cheaper than IVF but I am a ball of nerves about trying all over again, I had just gotten used to the IVF stuff, and I don't do well with change, but it is exciting news.

WhiteOrchid I really hope IVF works for you. Has been a long journey for you, how are you feeling? Are the meds different for IUI? IUI might be something that is necessary after, we won't know until counts are done after surgery.

Have a good weekend all!!

Hi, that sounds positive, good to keep your options open and look into whats beat for you, hope all goes well x

Good luck!! Hope all goes well and he has a speedy recovery! How soon can you start TTC again? :hugs:

WhiteOrchid So far so good with the VR, they were able to reconnect both sides. We have his first SA on the 6th but they aren't counting, just seeing if anything gets through, then 4 weeks after is his first real SA. We are able to start trying after the 6th I think. I am nervous and excited!! How are things going with your IVF? I hope all is well XO

That's great news! I'm so excited for when you can start TTC again and hope you get that BFP in no time!

I'm good - just waiting for AF to appear (due tomorrow or Sat) then I can start getting ready for our transfer which will most likely happen in 3 weeks! I'm so happy to get back on it and get those embryos back inside of me!! :D

Our first SA was still zero, so we have 4 more weeks until the next one.... Starting to feel discouraged :growlmad: how are you doing WhteOrchid?? Did you have your transfer yet??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->