Anyone thinking of using cloth nappies??

I had a look at the nappy lady yesterday. They have an advice questionnaire which looks wonderful!

So ive got a question. Do you have to change the whole nappy everytime or does the liner in them normally asorb it enof that you only have to change that?

Bumgenius do flips which is basically an outer and a prefold. So you only really need to change the insert on those. X

I really wanted to use them with my first baby, in fact I went and bought a load (I think I have about 12/13 of them, all different styles). No matter which one I used, they always seemed to leak out of the back, sides, every part where they could leak they leaked, and I found it too much trouble in the end. I tried them again (after about a year's break) and this time I found they weren't leaking so much but they were only lasting about 2 hours so I had to be on top of the ball otherwise I would have a really wet baby. My baby never has nappy rash (he's had it a total of about 8 occasions (days or part days) due to teething only) so I'm not too concerned about disposable nappies on his skin. It's a shame though, I really did want to use the reusable ones and I have some really cute ones.

I'm upset for you!
It's not really normal for nappies to leak all the time although different brands don't work for all babies. What you do have to make sure is the nappy is on properly (not trying to patronise you!) but sometime people worry about them being to tight. I always had to make sure they were tight enough round the leg because my DS was very slim.
Also if too much washing powder is used when being washed they will restrict absorbency. I hope you can try again and it work for you because it's so lovely!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"