Anyone thought of names for when the time comes?

i have no idea if i already posted but..
i really love Loelle Riley Rose (Reed***) for a little girl and Morely/Morley Kai (Reed***) for a boy.
I love Kaegan for a boy too though lol. Probably won't even end up using these when the time comes sigh, seems sooo far off! xxx

All the names I like are way too popular now (or taken by friends or family's children). I love Emma, Olivia, Oliver, Ethan, Noah, Emily, Aiden, Austin, Riley, Sophia... but I won't give my child a popular name. It sucks to be Jessica P. or James B. or Brittany K. in school. I don't want my child to be forced to use a nickname or initial.

I admit I'm scared to share my really unique names in case they would suddenly become popular. Silly and superstitious, I guess.

I admit I'm scared to share my really unique names in case they would suddenly become popular. Silly and superstitious, I guess.

:rofl: That's funny, but I understand what you mean. Anyone over there watch Sex and the City? Just thinking of a funny episode involving baby names...

I like Gemma Victoria & Kyle Christopher for when I have babies.
Victoria is my mom's name and Christopher is my Dad & OH's name.

I like Ava and Noah. I'm a big fan of middle names (both my OH and my mum go by their middle names) so would probably squeeze them in there somewhere but I don't know what I would go for... Andrew runs in both families so mabye Noah Andrew. Don't really know what Ava would go with though... Ava Jane doesn't really work which is another middle name that runs in my family.

Last year it was Kiera and Matthew though so when (and it will possibly be a while a way due to OH coming to terms with having another child as he already has one) we TTC it may change again. :laugh2:

xx

Me and OH have allready picked a boys name,Rhys Peter James for a boy. Peter and James after our dad's cos OH has some silly thing about using grandparents names as middle names. I like Ava for a girl aswell Buttercup or Annabell.

I like unusual names, n OH likes "normal" names. So there will have to b some compromising somewhere down the line!

I have a middle name sorted that we both agree on: My Grandma is called Gwendolyn, n my mum is called Marilyn- so they both have a "lyn" thing goin on. however this stopped with me "Kate" therefore to merge us all together, n carry on a bit of tradition from my side of the family the middle name would be "katelyn" or "Caitlyn".

For the 1st name i really like the name "Darla" (its old english for Darling or dear one!) i just think its so pretty n unusual. Im a teacher, so i hear a lot of names n i wouldnt like a name that reminds me of anyone i know, so that really does rule out a lot of names for me. Also, i wouldnt want my child to have to be referred to by both names all the time: eg i always had to say Chloe smith or Chloe Jones in my last class.

I mentioned "Darla" to OH today- he says it sounds old fashioned- like a grandma's name!? Ive never heard of any Grandmas called Darla! Then he offered the name Emma. hmmm. not thinking along the same lines at all!!!!!! N ive no idea what id call a boy. so that prob means we'll get a boy!

I've just read this whole thread and there's so many names, how do you ever narrow it down?

I like traditional sounding names but agree with the ladies who say you don't want your child to be in a class where 3 kids have the same name (It was Rebecca and Andrew in my primary school).

If we had a girl I'd go with Aurnia, Fenya, Vermilion or Emily
for boys I like Sam or Casper

I would have to choose middle names aswell because although my OH is happy without one my dad always used to say he didn't have one because his parent's couldn't afford one...

We've decided on Nikolas Ryan for a boy or Layla Mae for a girl.

xx

oooh there are just so many to choose from def think there are more girls names that I like..

I used to really like stephanie but I live in Essex where the accent has a whine to it and stephanie very easily becomes stephanaaaaaeee ..

similarly i wouldn't choose natalie because i would get frustrated when people don't pronounce the 't' ... I know I'm fussy!!

so my all time favourite name is Brooke... love it love it! when I was younger I had thought of Stephanie Willow or Brooke Willow but I do think middle names should have some deep meaning and the fact that I like willow trees probably doesn't cut it :rofl:

so the jury is still out this one... I really like celtic style names and irish names... my roots are from scotland but i love the faeries side of Ireland..

Plus I like knowing that it is something to think about when I am actually pregnant though and keep me occupied over the 9 months.

for a boy i like all the J's
James, Joshua, Jake, etc.
then Riley, Ethan (doesn't go with surname though)

after that I get stuck...

I love name hunting!!!

*wanders off to find baby names on google*

xxx

Oh also I love Addison for a girl but it means "son of Adam" so it may not work.

Me and the OH both like more common normal names.

For a girl we like Natalie and Alex (not sure which long form)

For a boy I like James for a middle name - then I like Jacob, Joshua, and Andrew. Can't use Andrew though. We already have a Daniel - and his cousin Muffy has a Daniel and Andrew and that would just look a little too much like copying.

We're not entirely sure on girls names but we know what we'll call our first son: Gwydion Idris. I'm currently trying to convince DF that he's not calling a boy Balthazar just because he thinks it's a cool demon name- unless he's born with glowing red eyes as then and only then might it even be approaching appropriate!!

Beca:wave:

I'm glad it's not just by OH who gets like that. He's determined to call his first son either Boris so he can say it in a funny accent or Sparticus just for a one time on liner..

I havent come up with new ones I guess the time will come when we need too.

Here are the names we used for our children we have.

Ariel Lynn is my DD's name, we named her Ariel after the little mermaid I always knew I would name my daughter this from the first time I ever heard the name.

James Daniel is my DS's name, James after DH and I just love the name Daniel it is such a handsome and strong name.

Rebecca Ann is our angel's name, we named her after our Mom's (my mom is Rebecca and Dh's mom is Ann)

Well, considering I'm spanish, I find it hard to choose a name that will sound good in both languages. Also, as I'm Canarian, I like lots of Canarian names but they're strange and they may not sound nice. Anyhow, here's my list without cutting down and then DH has to cut down when he checks it out.

Girls names:
Paula (in spanish pronouncing an open "a", as ahh)
Leire (A vasque name I love - said pronouncing each vowel in the spanish way, also the "r")
Raquel / Rachel
Isabel / Isobelle / Isabelle / Isabella
Erika / Erica
Iris
Sara
Eva
Mar (means sea)
Phobe
Piper
Nathalie
Alexandra
Jade
Ella
Maddison
Yara (both a's said as ahh)
Claudia (a said as ahh)

Boy names:
Samuel
Alejandro / Alexander
Nicolás
Rayco (Canarian pronounced "y" as "i")
Ayoze ( Canarian pronouncing "e" spanish way)
Daniel
Roberto
Jordan
Jayden
Tyler
Taylor

There's probably more that I can't think of now...
What do you girls think of my names???

By the way, the way I've convinced my DH on the names I like is repeating them so often he gets used to hearing them and therefor likes it... It's worked with Paula and on it's way with Leire and Jordan... Try it out!!!

We have been talking about this too, lol.
I get to choose the girls name and OH the boys.
So... my choice is either Sierra or Sienna and maybe maree for the middle name(coz Justin wanted that to be Savannahs middle name).
For boys justin likes Malcolm, I hate it. I like Zachary/ Zachariah shortened to Zac.

BTW, Coco was my old horses name, makes me think of that all the time when I read of Courteny Cox's baby, lol

ive always lovedd the name "Rhylee" for a girl, i have a thing for 'boyish-girlish' names lol.

Rhylee liberty i think is beautiful :)

For a boy..alot more unsure i like the name Chase and Lucas..but not set on them.
guess i have a while yet to make up my mind lol

Oh ive got sooooo many for girls..haha

I love Amelia ( but maybe spell it Emelia so she could be called Emmy :cloud9: )

Hallie/Hollie, Grace, and me and OH both love Daisy

For a boy i love Charlie and Jake

xx

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe