• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone tried Ecoballs for washing clothes/nappies?

quaints

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone used eco balls before instead of powder for washing either clothes or their nappies with? The rinse cycle apparently isn't needed when using them.

https://www.cleangreennappy.co.uk/ecozone

Hypoallergenic, antibacterial and chemical free, this product lasts for up to 1000 washes, giving an average wash cost of 3p as compared to 25-30p for detergents. As it has no detergents, it means that you won't need a rinse cycle either, so you cut down on water and electricity used - saving time and money and salving your eco-conscience. Or you can buy the starter pack - which offers 150 washes at the great price of £11.99, so you can check and see if it's right for you before purchasing the bigger kit.

Yeah I've tried them, not for nappies though, just clothes. It got them clean but I didn't like the smell. They didn't smell particularly bad, just a bit funny! Seemed like a good idea though.

I've never seen them before, closest I've seen are soap nuts that you use over and over but not that many times. I have used the dryer balls that are on that site though lol

I have used these balls for a while now, not thse exact ones, but the same principle. In my experience I wouldn't advise them for nappy washing if you have white nappies. I always use mine for colours and blacks, but I found they left stains on my whites and didn't quite come up as clean as I'd like them to be. They still mean I use 2/3 of the detetergent that I did, but i won't be using them for nappies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->