Anyone tried the HCG diet??

RyleighsMommy

Mother of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
Ok...so Ive done a bunch of research on the HCG and finally decided what tha hay...Im gonna give it a go. At this point Im SO desperate to lose this baby weight (baby weight and THEN some...Ive gained another 20lbs since having my daughter almost 7mo ago) before my OH gets back from Iraq in April that I think Ill try about anything.

Ill be honest, part of the appeal to me is the fact that at least in the first stage you arent required to do any excercising which for me, would be nice. I dont know when I would find the time to do a whole lot of excercising while raising our LO by myself.

Anyhow, Ive read the pros and cons...and ended up buying a bottle of the HCG drops for about 45.00 w/ tax. It is a months supply so I figure if Im not seeing results Ill stop after that.

From what I have read people lose weight on it very rapidly, Im sure mostly being from the 500 daily caloric intake it requires in stage 1. However, the HCG is supposed to help release the abnormal fat.

It doesnt sound healthy losing a lot of weight so fast, and I of all people should know a thing or two about crash diets. But Im hoping this will be different this time. If I can change my eating habits and get this weight off while taking HCG Ill be determined to keep it off. Im the heaviest Ive ever been in my life. I gained 50lbs while I was pregnant and gained another 20 since. That is ALOT of weight...Ive tried walking and I have definatly reduced how much I eat, so thats not the issue. I just CANT GET THE WEIGHT OFF.

Anyways, didnt mean for this to be so lengthy :dohh: ...just was curious if anyone has tried it and how it went for you.

I've never heard of it but it sounds interesting! What you going to eat for your meals on your 500 cal days?!

Well they give you a list of stuff you can and cant eat. They recommend eating lean chicken or beef or fish. And for veggies they say, cuccumbers, spinach, asparagus, tomatos...and theres a few other I cant remember off the top of my head. And they said to eat 1 fruit a day either an apple or orange. They say the drops will help curb your appetite but we'll see. Im trying to already get myself in that frame of mind of not eating much so that it hopefully wont be AS hard once it comes in the mail and I can start it.

I did buy the Wii Fit Plus for my Wii yesterday and did that for about a 1/2 hour last night and that was a fun way to burn some calories...and its something easy to do with my LO playing in her walker keeping herself occupied, although she found it more interesting to watch me lol

500 cals per day is far too low. A diet like that needs to me medically supervised and only for the morbidly obese.

You will lose weight but also muscle including heart muscle which puts you at risk of health problems. You shouldn't need magic expensive potions.

The way to lose weight is a sensible healthy diet (count the calorie if you have to 1500!!) and exercise eg walking

sorry hun but it sounds like your plan if it is 500 per day is dangerous!
xxx

Have you read any articles on this from people who aren't trying to scam you out of your money? Anyone can make a website claiming what they want, but you need to look at what actual medical professionals have to say.

This is written by a doctor, about the HGC diet and contains all medical references. It's not trying to sell you something.

https://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->