Anyone ttc after d&c?

tinkerbell79

Reaction score
Hiya, well I'm pretty sure I am going to ttc this cycle (i think) after having d&c on the 2nd. Couldnt quite make my mind up and was thinking about waiting for AF to arrive first but think im too impatient to wait that loooonnnnggggg!
So is anyone else planning on ttc this month straight after m/c?

hey - dh and i are ntnp right now until AF comes, but i agree, its hard to wait! I wish i didnt have to, but dr says its best for the lining to get back to normal

i had d&c on 7th may, started ttc 30th may and got my period today. i just feel better knowing 'im working' haha

Hiya, well I'm pretty sure I am going to ttc this cycle (i think) after having d&c on the 2nd. Couldnt quite make my mind up and was thinking about waiting for AF to arrive first but think im too impatient to wait that loooonnnnggggg!
So is anyone else planning on ttc this month straight after m/c?

I am still waiting for af, but are now ntnp I think I am due it any day now its been a month since our loss

Thank you all for your comments and so sorry for your loses. I know 'logically' I should wait till after AF because of the lining(?) but it seems to take soooo long for it to show up, it just feels like wasting time! Also when I was at the hospital noone mentioned when I should or shouldn't start trying, I was just told to go home and rest:sleep: but I'm guessing from what others have been told that they would of probably said to wait till AF, but then again if it was that important wouldn't they of said:wacko:..........

From what I have read on here and other sites, doctor's seem to say different things. Some ladies were suggested to wait 3-6 months, other's one cycle, or try right away!

I was told 2-3 months, but we will start trying this week (after my first AF).

Sorry for all your losses, and good luck to you all!:flower:

Im still waiting for AF too, 20 days since our loss. Stupid AF, and stupid loss.

Good luck with NTNP, the doctors at the emerg didnt tell me not to either, so maybe this could be your month!

Thank you all for your comments and so sorry for your loses. I know 'logically' I should wait till after AF because of the lining(?) but it seems to take soooo long for it to show up, it just feels like wasting time! Also when I was at the hospital noone mentioned when I should or shouldn't start trying, I was just told to go home and rest:sleep: but I'm guessing from what others have been told that they would of probably said to wait till AF, but then again if it was that important wouldn't they of said:wacko:..........

They didnt say anything to me either so I'm going so try before my 1st AF. I don't feel I can wait and possibly miss a chance either. x

My OB, and DO recommend all women wait 6 months after a d/c because that is how long the body takes to get back to "normal" or zero. I am inclined to wait, just to make sure even though it will drive me crazy to wait.

My OB, and DO recommend all women wait 6 months after a d/c because that is how long the body takes to get back to "normal" or zero. I am inclined to wait, just to make sure even though it will drive me crazy to wait.

God 6 months!! That is a loooonnnnggggg time lol. I started trying straight away after my 2 other m/c which were also d&c and got pregnant within 3 months of each of them and went on to have healthy pregnancys, so hoping for the same success this time. Fingers crossed and fingers crossed for all you's too x

They didnt say anything to me either so I'm going so try before my 1st AF. I don't feel I can wait and possibly miss a chance either. x[/QUOTE]

Hope you don't mind me asking, what day are you on? My d&c was 15 days ago so I'm cd14 (I think that's right lol) x

I had d&c on may 19 and have been ntnp since. However this pregnancy was a result of IVF so the odds of it actually happening the old fashioned way right after mc are slim to none (but it would be so great if it did!). :haha:
Either way if AF shows up before in the next 2 weeks I will start another IVF cycle in July. So I guess that is trying after the my first AF!

I started to miscarry naturally last week tuesday so im not sure if its complete yet as i am still lightly bleeding..i had another mc in february and started ttc straight away and got pregnant after two cycles..i dont think it makes a hug difference when ttc straight away...i am a strong believer that after a mc your are more fertile and i hope that after this one i fall pregnant again really quickly as the loss of two is heartbreaking...dr's sometimes reccommend waiting so that they can work out your due date easier...but with scans and the way technology is now i dont think its a major issue...soon as i stop bleeding im going to ttc again...good luck ladies hope you all get your bfp soon x x

They didnt say anything to me either so I'm going so try before my 1st AF. I don't feel I can wait and possibly miss a chance either. x

Hope you don't mind me asking, what day are you on? My d&c was 15 days ago so I'm cd14 (I think that's right lol) x[/QUOTE]

I'm on day 11 now since my ERCP and my temps are now dropping back to normal, plus I took a test this morning and an opk. My test shows my hcg is nearly out of my system but not yet so I'm nearly back to normal but not quite ther yet. x

I had an emergency D&C the early hours of Saturday morning to save my life as I was literally bleeding to death. I have also had a blood transfusion.
I have been told to wait until at least one proper AF to TTC again to let my body recover. It's hard having to wait as I am 40 and time is not on my side (it took us 8 cycles last time) but deep down I know it's the best thing for a ticky bean so we will be definitely not be trying until after AF shows properly...however long that might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->