Anyone TTC in August / September?

September for me! We are just NTNP but it's giving us more of a chance than we have now!! I just started taking Prenatals yesterday, but when should I stop drinking caffieine? I love my tea!

Hubby and I will be ntnp end of August and most likely actively trying in September for our first!! My last pill was 2/20 and i have been waiting for my cycle to regulate itself which is becoming a little frustrating. My last period was 3/28...any one else experiencing issues with af after stopping the pill??

Hi all, I'm new here and will be TTC at that time. And, Lotalaughs16, my last pill was 2/20 also! My first cycle was 50 days, the second was 46, and this one is looking like 36-37, so it's getting better. But I have PMDD to deal with so right now I like that they are long, but won't like it when August/September gets here!

Hubby and I will be ntnp end of August and most likely actively trying in September for our first!! My last pill was 2/20 and i have been waiting for my cycle to regulate itself which is becoming a little frustrating. My last period was 3/28...any one else experiencing issues with af after stopping the pill??

Hi all, I'm new here and will be TTC at that time. And, Lotalaughs16, my last pill was 2/20 also! My first cycle was 50 days, the second was 46, and this one is looking like 36-37, so it's getting better. But I have PMDD to deal with so right now I like that they are long, but won't like it when August/September gets here!

Hi Oasis, that makes me feel a little better that I'm not alone with my long cycles but I still have not had another period since march. I had an appt with a gynecologist yesterday and he said that it is most likely due to the fact that I was on the depo shot. Hopefully af will show up soon so I will be ready to go end of August/beginning of September.

So I af finally decided to show up, hopefully my cycles will start getting back to normal I am going to start temping tomorrow. Anyone else charting or doing anything else to track cycles?

I'm not charting yet, only because I promised my FI that i'd just go with the flow of NTNP for the first several months. If by January I'm not pregnant, i'm going to get more serious about it.

I've been charting for the past 11 months. :)

I can't use hormonal birth control or any type of IUD, so for years we just used the rule of "10 days after the start of your period is the safe zone". No idea where I learned that (probably from a friend in school LOL). But it obviously worked since my DF and I have been together for over ten years. :cloud9:

But last summer in July we had a scare and I was 8 days past my period and we truly thought we were pregnant. I wasn't, but that was enough to make me want another method to make sure we're dtd at correct times to not get pregnant. We also knew we'd be getting married this year and we wanted to have all the bells and whistles (i.e. beautiful wedding dress, gorgeous venue, honeymoon and planning to TTC). It was just the way we always wanted it. So I started tracking with OPKs and temping. I don't use the OPKs now since I got the hang of temping, but when I first started I wanted to make sure I was understanding the temps and trends. :)

65 days until our wedding....which means 65 days until we are TTC (even though technically we'll most likely be TTC in like 75 days since that's when I'll actually be O'ing lol). :happydance:

I'd like to in September. But chances are It wouldn't happen til March. My guy has always had kids conceived only around his birthday.

I'd like to in September. But chances are It wouldn't happen til March. My guy has always had kids conceived only around his birthday.

Interesting! Because of coincidence, or he likes to conceive around his birthday?

Mara- our wedding is in 78 days! I can't believe it!! I have never in my life DTD with out any protection! It's going to be strange! but maybe also .. freeing! ;)

Mara- our wedding is in 78 days! I can't believe it!! I have never in my life DTD with out any protection! It's going to be strange! but maybe also .. freeing! ;)

We normally do the POM (or use condoms, but he hates them - what man doesn't? lol), so going the w-h-o-l-e way through will be different. :winkwink: LOL And yes, very freeing! :happydance:

ETA: Wanted to add that our original wedding date was 9-7-13, but the vineyard we chose didn't have that date so we pushed it up to 8-24-13. haha Our weddings are so close!! Getting nervous? Excited? I'm freaking out with the little details we need to tie down, but other than that....its been pretty easy-breezy. :D

So I af finally decided to show up, hopefully my cycles will start getting back to normal I am going to start temping tomorrow. Anyone else charting or doing anything else to track cycles?

Yay for AF coming! It is funny to me how excited I get for it to come now because each cycle off the pill I know I'm getting better and better on track for when TTC comes. Anyway, yes I've been charting since I came off the pill in February. It's been a really enlightening learning experience for me. Temping has been hard since I have insomnia, wake up long before my alarm sometimes, and sleep in on weekends, but I have enough logged that I can still tell when O comes. I have been doing the cervical checks also, which I find a little bit ambiguous because I can't tell if it's high or low or open or closed most of the time. And, since my cycles length is shortening, I never know when to expect O and can get lax on checking when I've passed day 20 or so. Also never got a positive OPK because I get tired of POAS multiple times a day, and the only sign I have to go on is mucus, which has been really weird the past 3 cycles. Can't wait for things to regulate!!

As far as what I've done to help it along: I've been drinking Raspberry Leaf tea everyday, and I'm thinking about trying Maca (my husband takes it and it works wonders!). I've tried Vitex, and it worked for getting me to O at day 14, but it caused my Luteal Phase to be extended by a week before I just stopped taking it, because 2 weeks of PMDD was too much!

OasisFlyer: i see your from Baltimore. I'm from Baltimore, MD as well.

We normally do the POM (or use condoms, but he hates them - what man doesn't? lol), so going the w-h-o-l-e way through will be different. :winkwink: LOL And yes, very freeing! :happydance:

ETA: Wanted to add that our original wedding date was 9-7-13, but the vineyard we chose didn't have that date so we pushed it up to 8-24-13. haha Our weddings are so close!! Getting nervous? Excited? I'm freaking out with the little details we need to tie down, but other than that....its been pretty easy-breezy. :D

My trial hair and makeup appointment is on 8/24! They are really close to each other! I am starting to get nervous. We are having a small wedding, but it's still nervewracking to get all the little pieces to come together. Ours has been pretty simple too. I'm glad! I don't like stress!!!

OasisFlyer: i see your from Baltimore. I'm from Baltimore, MD as well.

Small world! Nice to meet you. I've lived here my whole life :hi:

Nice to meet you as well :blush: . Iv'e too have lived here my whole life, but im so ready to move to another state.

Really? I mean, I can understand that though. My whole family is here and our jobs are here, otherwise, my husband and I would probably move to the Poconos!

My trial hair and makeup appointment is on 8/24! They are really close to each other! I am starting to get nervous. We are having a small wedding, but it's still nervewracking to get all the little pieces to come together. Ours has been pretty simple too. I'm glad! I don't like stress!!!

LOL too funny. I have my hair and makeup trial on June 29th. We started planning to get engaged (that sounds funny lol) in February this year and were officially engaged the first weekend in March. So we've been a tiny bit rushed, but honestly, it hasn't been that bad. I think the two main contributing factors to how quickly you can put a wedding together is 1) when will your dress arrive and 2) does the venue you want have an open date you like. Other than that, there are zillions of vendors to do the rest. Plus, my DF and I have been together for over ten years (yikes!), so we didn't really need a long engagement period. lol :winkwink:

I get it Mara- we got engaged at the very end of January.. not a very long engagement at all!! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->