Anyone TTC straight after m/c?

Swanny

Reaction score
As in before you get your first AF after m/c?

I've been reading mixed things on the internet, some saying that you are more fertile after m/c, others saying you are not likely to get pregnant straight after m/c cause sometimes you don't ovulate, others saying you will ovulate 2-4 weeks after m/c.

It's all very confusing....:wacko:

x

I tired and i know alot of girls on here have/are, but its so difficult to tell when your ovulating as your hormones are all over the place, really i think if anyone gets pregnant before AF its jst chance that you done the deed at the right time without knowing. Some women ovulate some dont after MC, i have been told you are more fertile for 6 months after MC, really all you can do to try just now it :sex: as much as possible and if AF isnt here in a few weeks do a test. Have you made sure your HCG is low enough again for you to ovulate? I would do a test to make sure it is negative otherwise you still have pregnancy hormones in your system and you will not ovulate till the levels are down again ? x

Hi,

I had HCG levels checked at hospital and they went down to <5, 3 weeks ago. I'm fairly sure that I OV'd the week after that cause I had LOADS of EWCM, nausea, cramping and sore boobies that I would normally get.

We BD'd 3 times in that week around every other day or so.

Then 3 days ago I got very strong AF like cramps for about 2 hours. Really thought AF was coming, went and bought pads and put them on etc. But 3 days later it's still not here.

Keeping fingers crossed cause I've got extremely sore boobies and on/off waves of nausea and very tired too.

Going to try to wait another week to see if AF arrives though.

x

We fell pg 18 days after our miscarriage (unfortunately I lost Isabella in the 2nd trimester) and all the drs said the only reason to wait a cycle is for dating purposes.

Hi Swanny....

Sorry to meet you here! :( Sorry about your loss hun.

I think we are planning on seeing how we go! I certainly won't be stopping DH if we do decide. Atm though - i'm a bit scared to dtd just yet! (excuse the directness) but how long after your MC did you dtd again?
x

About 2 days after bleeding stopped and I had finished spotting. It was 2 weeks after m/c bleeding started, I bled for about 1 week then spotting for a few days after that.

As soon as I saw EWCM we dtd haha

x

I too have read lots of conflicting articles on this, some say go for it, others say don't. We have decided to TTC again after i stop bleeding from giving birth to Freya. At first we were going to wait to AF and try after that, but i don't want to wait. xx :dust: to you xx

We tried straight away as the epu told us that my body didnt need time to recover as miscarriage was complete and no intervention required. They said that its generally advised to wait to save the staff having to do additional dating scans etc but that they would be happy to do it for us if situation arose. Still waiting on AF but dont think it will be this month as got no symptoms.

Ahh... Fair enough! It's so difficult isn't it when there is so much conflicting advice out there. But I think the most important thing is that you are ready in yourself...

I'm so unsure of whether it's all over. I have only really had two days of bleeding. It's now stopped.... My periods were never very heavy anyway, so maybe that's all that is needed. I hope so.

x

Hey,

I had a MMC and after that a MC. I had one period after my last MC, because that is what they recommend, but only so that they can calculate your due date better.
We tried straight away, but then I had my period and then tried from 3 days before ovulation untill 3 days after my ovulation. It worked and now I am expecting my first baby! When we had th dating scan, it turnd out we conceived exactly 2 weeks after the first day of my last period!
So you can try straight away, and they do say you are more fertile.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for all you lovely ladies.
x

Hi Swanny, my situation is slightly different to yours in that I had a tfmr at 18 weeks because our son had a suspected condition. We started ttc 10 days afterwards but my doctor actually advised me to wait one or two cycles because she said it would allow my body and mind to heal and it would reduce the odds of a mc. Another doctor advised me to wait 6 months but there is no way I'm waiting that long without a good reason! Anyway, yes there is a lot of conflicting info out there but its your body and I reckon you should go for it if you feel ready xx

My doctor advised me to wait until one AF but we decided that we were going to NTNP until that AF comes. If I did ovulate at the point I think I might have (I have no idea, but it seems my hormones are back to normal) then there is a chance. If not, it's time to roll up the sleaves and get into it next cycle.

There are some reasons that I would think it would be sensible to wait like erratic hormone levels and such but the reason my doctor gave to me is that the body needs time to build up the lining again. It didn't make much sense to me as doesn't my body loose most of the lining during a normal AF and rebuild it before ovulation, anyways? Does the body loose a lot more lining during a MC? I didn't have many clots as I'm pretty sure it would have been lost early.

I guess I am thinking through typing but what is going through my head is that a doctor can only comment on a whole range of cases they have seen, not individual cases. If it feels right, then it is most likely right.

And in answer to your original question, I am sort of TTC straight after a MC.

i had my 2nd MC yesterday and im going to start as soon as this bleeding stops!!

i had my 2nd MC yesterday and im going to start as soon as this bleeding stops!!

I had a D&C 5 days ago and I think I want to start once the bleeding stops too. They told me to wait until after my 1st AF, but we're ready to try right away.

hi boston blond--i had a d+c in October--my last MC (blighted ovum) --so i know where u r coming from

really cant wait to get this MC over with and get my HCG down to zero!!

Yip :flower:

After speaking to my consultant after my natural miscarriage at 6 weeks she said there is no reason to start to try asap, as long as i feel ready EMOTIONALLY... so when the bleeding stops.............:sex::test::bfp: lol :happydance:

baby Q--looks like we are on the same boat--i started bleeding on Sunday at 6+2---im waiting for it to stop we can start to BD again.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->