Anyone use Rantidine for heartburn

mrsirish

Reaction score
Been using this for night time because heartburn is so bad a girl I know was prescribed it in pregnancy and I have read of others being prescribed it too. Just feel abit uneasy using it but I can't take gaviscon it makes me ill

I'm using omeprazole as my midwife said its more effective and fine to use, she also said ranitidine was fine too. I know what you mean though, I hated the idea of taking it, but now I am I'm glad I did, no more killer heartburn!

Thanks for your reply feels reassuring knowing health professionals say it's fine wish I hada known this before

Ranitidine is fine, at the hospital I work we give it to every high risk labouring woman at 4 hourly intervals in case she has to go to theatre, to reduce the risk of mendelsons syndrome :) xx

I've been taking it since 28 weeks and it has been a savior! Don't hesitate to take it.

I was prescribed ranitidine last week as gaviscon makes me feel sick. I don't have heartburn so haven't been using the tablets but I presume they are safe to use if a doctor prescribed them to me knowing that I'm pregnant x

I've been suffering with acid reflux and have found that Frijj milkshakes work wonders!!

I have horrific heartburn and gastric reflux and have been taking ranitidine for it. It was cleared by my OB to take. :flower:

I been taking it since first trimester. It has helped me loads.

I been taking it since first trimester. It has helped me loads.

Did nothing for mine when I had it pre pregnancy had to use omeprazole and have had to start taking again recently

I'm upset. I have chronic gastritis which was treated with ranitidine because I am allergic to omeprazole and lanzaprazole. I was taken off it when I got pregnant and have really suffered. I didn't know it was safe to take and neither did my GP apparently :( FFS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->