Anyone using Infant Gaviscon?

CoffeePuffin

Reaction score
My LO has just been prescribed this for her reflux. It says to put two sachets into no less than 225ml of feed. She only drinks 150ml max per feed so I'm wasting a lot of formula this way..

Could I mix the gaviscon with just the hot water, discard any water I don't need and then add formula so it's the right amount? Or do I have to mix it with the formula together?

I used to put half in the bottle, and then mix the other half in the lid of the bottle with a little water and spoon feed it her. Or you could try syringing it into her mouth if she wont take it off the spoon. It doesnt have to go in the bottle as bf babies would have to be given it that way anyway. Hope that helps!

Why don't you just put 1 sachet in 150ml of water? That's what I do x

I had exactly same issue so I made it into the paste (breast fed babies instructions) and then mixed it in bottle as its diluted. Ds was fine with it, although gaviscon didn't work for us. Good luck

My LO has been on IG since she was 5 weeks (now 13) and she is on 6oz of formula every 3-4 hours.

I only give her one sachet per feed and shes doing fine on this (the instructions base it on weight but my LO will never have more than 6oz per feed) wetried to start reducing the gaviscon last week but her reflux signs came back so I'm keeping her on it a little longer.

i add one packet to any amount more than 2ounces as my doctor said it was ok.
Isabelle has severe reflux though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->