Anyone using Stevia?

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies,

I recently realised that I am gaining too quickly and having a sweet tooth this pregnancy doesn't help me either. I started using stevia yesterday since I know it's the only safe sweetner to use in pregnancy.

Anyone else also using it and does it help a bit? If I can cut down from 85kj per sugar spoon to 2kj then I would be happy. Lol I love my rooibos tea so I can drink that without any sweetners or sugars, but not my coffee. I also made pancakes yesterday with stevia and it was quite tasty. I was surprised. Lol

I used stevia in my last pregnancy as I was dx with GD. It has a sweet taste that works IMO. I mix 1 packet into peanut butter and almond meal, roll into a ball, then cover that with really dark chocolate (like 85%). Best thing for sweet craving. :thumbup:

I don't trust any of those sweeteners. I would just try to use less of real sugar. In my coffee I find if I use cream rather than milk then I don't need sugar and cream won't spike your blood sugar.

I use it and like it. I don't use it too much because I pretty much cut our refined sugar and sweets excecpt for special occasions and the less sweet things I eat the more I don't want sweet things. My only issue with the stevia is that if I am eating things with it, i find I crave more sweet things simply because they taste good! Im my opinion it is better to use a little stevia than a little refined sugar. Good quality stevia has health benefits and refined sugar has absolutely nothing good about it and is just not good for you. I know stevia is less known in certain places, but after doing some research and reading some studies I realized that it is perfectly safe and it has been used in other countries for decades and studies on it don't show anything negative. (Just added that in for those wondering if it is a safe alternative....not for the OP who seems to know it is safe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->