Anyone want to join me for TTC in April?

Hey Bee Bee - I looked at your chart - you're thinking the dip on April 4th was O? Hopedully the BD put the little guys right at the egg at the right time! I'd think since the egg lives 12-24 hours they'd be meeting at just the right time. Fingers crossed for that or that O is still on its way! I guess your next few days will shed some light.

Hey Bee Bee - I looked at your chart - you're thinking the dip on April 4th was O? Hopedully the BD put the little guys right at the egg at the right time! I'd think since the egg lives 12-24 hours they'd be meeting at just the right time. Fingers crossed for that or that O is still on its way! I guess your next few days will shed some light.

My temp went down again today, thank goodness! Even though I would of BD'd right on O day, I prefer to have a few in before then. Its always beter to have sperm waiting for the egg.

I've heard the same thing - BDing the days leading up to O are better than the day of O so you can have some ready and waiting. I think that's why we were successful with our first IUI last time, the timing was perfect. We did the IUI at like 9am and I O'd that night at 7pm (I could feel the O since we used a trigger, it was very obvious)

I'm CD3 and starting Femara tonight. Fx'd it works as well this time as it did last time!

I've heard the same thing! Nothing worse then the feeling that it happened and bding didnt happen at the right time! Glad your temp dropped!

Still waiting on AF here.....yawn! Due tomorrow so hopefully it shows and then we are officially in our first cycle ttc no 2! Good luck to all you ladies that are heading into tww.

I'm still waiting for AF to return too snufflepop. Due on Sunday. Hopefully it'll come on time, I'm already getting impatient xx

How's everyone doing? I'm CD13 and I went to get a follicle u/s today and I had a 24mm follie! I was shocked! We set up the IUI for Friday. Yay!

Hope everyone's doing well :flower:

Hey juhnayrae that sounds exciting!! I'm 6-7 DPO and felt WEIRD today. Not nauseous really but stomach was heaving all day and I'm still getting plenty of twinges, mostly on my right side daily. Not cramps, just little sparks of pain like a pinch or pressure. Had lots of clumpy white creamy cm at the start, and now it's become stretchy. I'm failing at not symptom spotting and I can already feel the strong urge to test!!!

I hope it's okay to join y'all. :) I'm CD 28 and my body is trying it's hardest to O (I think - I hope!).

juhnayrae - Wow! FX for you!

Emmymommy - Exciting! I'm voting for you to test! Lol Sorry I'm a firm POAS addict.

Mommy2rosie - lol! I'm going to at least force myself to wait until a firm 10-12 DPO, and reeeeeally try not to until AF is due, but I doubt I'll last that long!

Mommy2rosie - lol! I'm going to at least force myself to wait until a firm 10-12 DPO, and reeeeeally try not to until AF is due, but I doubt I'll last that long!

Lol Good luck! I can never make it past 8 dpo!

Me either! I'm a terrible POAS-aholic :wacko: We did a trigger shot this morning, so I'll get my fix with testing the shot out of my system at least :winkwink:

Me either! I'm a terrible POAS-aholic :wacko: We did a trigger shot this morning, so I'll get my fix with testing the shot out of my system at least :winkwink:

LOL Dang. Now I wish I had trigger shots! I guess I could always dip them in apple juice and pretend. :laugh2:

Hi, new to the site but not new to ttc...been off bc for about 20mos but really started trying about 15mos ago. I got diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 (I am 29 now) which did not concern me at the time. But then the weight gain started despite trying to eat healthy and working out. Frustration got the best of me and I gave up and sadly 50 pounds later I finally plateaued and weight loss since has been an uphill battle and so has getting pregnant. The PCOS has made me anovulatory.
Just got on board with a FS in March and about to start my first cycle with Femara tomorrow (days 3-7).
My ob/gyn tried me on clomid 50mg in Nov but no U/S that month. Tried 100mg in Dec and U/S showed only 15mm follicle at day 15 so was not hopeful for ovulation that month. 100mg again in Jan and got a 21 mm follicle but after a torturous 2 week wait got a BFN at day 31 and day 35 AF showed up. I tried an OPK and got a positive for 4 days in a row but no true confirmation of whether or not I really did ovulate :shrug: My DH and I were disappointed but I was trying to stay optimistic since I did respond to the clomid but my ob/gyn seemed less than willing to keep dealing with me (at least that's how it felt) and sent me to an FS.
Which I am acftually grateful for b/c he seems to be more attentive and thorough ordering bw and an HSG, and also started me on metformin for about 3 weeks. Metformin has been shown to restore ovulation in women with PCOS on it's own but my FS is combining it with the Femara which also stimulates ovulation but with less side effects than clomid (and at least slightly better success rates I guess).
I won't lie, metformin is brutal :sick: the stomach pain, nausea, abdominal bloating and gas, along with the "sort of" diarrhea (I say sort of because it's not consistent throughout the day and once or twice shortly after the pill). I worked my way up from 500mg once a day to 1000mg twice a day and it wasn't easy nor pretty but 3rd day of the full dose doesn't feel as bad, but my advice is seriously avoid carbs, simple or complex, eat very little carb with a lot of protein (at least for now it seems).
Anyway, I am excited to see the result of the metformin with the femara, really hoping it works. I have an U/S next Wednesday the 29th and my HSG on the 27th.
Hoping the HSG has a good result, really nervous and hoping it does not show any tubal problems as that could mean IVF is the only option. Please keep your fingers crossed for me ladies that they don't find any more problems and that the pills will give us our first little miracle!

Hi, new to the site but not new to ttc...been off bc for about 20mos but really started trying about 15mos ago. I got diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 (I am 29 now) which did not concern me at the time. But then the weight gain started despite trying to eat healthy and working out. Frustration got the best of me and I gave up and sadly 50 pounds later I finally plateaued and weight loss since has been an uphill battle and so has getting pregnant. The PCOS has made me anovulatory.
Just got on board with a FS in March and about to start my first cycle with Femara tomorrow (days 3-7).
My ob/gyn tried me on clomid 50mg in Nov but no U/S that month. Tried 100mg in Dec and U/S showed only 15mm follicle at day 15 so was not hopeful for ovulation that month. 100mg again in Jan and got a 21 mm follicle but after a torturous 2 week wait got a BFN at day 31 and day 35 AF showed up. I tried an OPK and got a positive for 4 days in a row but no true confirmation of whether or not I really did ovulate :shrug: My DH and I were disappointed but I was trying to stay optimistic since I did respond to the clomid but my ob/gyn seemed less than willing to keep dealing with me (at least that's how it felt) and sent me to an FS.
Which I am acftually grateful for b/c he seems to be more attentive and thorough ordering bw and an HSG, and also started me on metformin for about 3 weeks. Metformin has been shown to restore ovulation in women with PCOS on it's own but my FS is combining it with the Femara which also stimulates ovulation but with less side effects than clomid (and at least slightly better success rates I guess).
I won't lie, metformin is brutal :sick: the stomach pain, nausea, abdominal bloating and gas, along with the "sort of" diarrhea (I say sort of because it's not consistent throughout the day and once or twice shortly after the pill). I worked my way up from 500mg once a day to 1000mg twice a day and it wasn't easy nor pretty but 3rd day of the full dose doesn't feel as bad, but my advice is seriously avoid carbs, simple or complex, eat very little carb with a lot of protein (at least for now it seems).
Anyway, I am excited to see the result of the metformin with the femara, really hoping it works. I have an U/S next Wednesday the 29th and my HSG on the 27th.
Hoping the HSG has a good result, really nervous and hoping it does not show any tubal problems as that could mean IVF is the only option. Please keep your fingers crossed for me ladies that they don't find any more problems and that the pills will give us our first little miracle!

Wow! You and I could be twins! I have also been trying for (what will be) 20 months. I was diagnosed with PCOS in my 3rd cycle and started metformin. Metformin is brutal to me too. It's gotten much better over the last year but it still makes me sick, not so much nausea wise as it does stomach wise. And my docs keep taking me off it and I have to work my way up again. :/ I just did it again recently and I had a stomach ache every morning for several hours for a week and a half straight. But, it does it's job so I continue to just stick it out.

My doc and I agreed that I should take femara also. Only because my ovulation was still sporadic (anywhere from CD19-45) and it made timing intercourse extremely difficult. So, I have been on femara for about 6-7 months. I will tell you that I did manage to get pregnant on my second round of femara, but it ended up being ectopic. I am on my 3rd round of femara since the ectopic, going on to my 4th. I hope I'll get pregnant again soon because I am seriously losing hope :( Femara is my last hope for me because there is no way I'll ever be able to afford IUI or IVF and especially not adoption.

I also had an HSG done after my ectopic but luckily there was no damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->