Anyone want to miss Nov/Dec baby, trying for Jan/Feb baby?

Luzelle

Reaction score
My husband gave the OK for trying to conceive, but on one condition: We must only try once there is a relatively good chance that the baby will not be born Nov/Dec. :wacko:

But in a sense I do understand this and respect it: his birthday is end November and mine is 29th December, and to be honest there really are better months than those for birthday parties and gifts.

Anybody else feel like this?j

Any advice on when it would be reasonable for me to start ttc? I already went off the pill 40 days ago and had my first 'normal' menstruation last week.

By my calculations... as long as you start trying in April, you should miss the Nov/Dec. But if you're unlucky and don't get a :BFP: by the next January, you'll have to stop and wait until March/April again. Good Luck x

I am doing the same, for 2 reasons, my baby was born in dec (3 months old now) and we want them close together, but 1. i want him to be over a year old and 2. i really dont want another etremeley stressful Dec waiting to pop and hoping its before christmas and making all the arrangements etc ... you horrible, i couldnt plan anything or book anything because i didnt know when i would go. my family wanted to come up and had fears baby wouldnt even be there by then.

worked out alright in the end but def dont want to do that 2 years in a row ... so were planning on TTC again in May, so in the unlickley event i fall straight away we shall have a feb baby and not be 8/9 months pregnant in Dec :D

He really missed outr compared to his cosuin because he was born so close, hubby entire family didnt buy anything for him bein born and only gave small gifts for christmas ... hope they will treat him nicer this year

good luck hun

I was supposed to have a mid-December baby, but he decided to come a month early! So you never know when they are going to make an appearance LOL... That said, I would ideally like a winter baby again, since for me it took a few months to get things organized/routine, heal from the birth, and look normal again - all in time for the beautiful spring weather! Also it is really hot/humid here so it's good if late pregnancy takes place in late fall/early winter. I would love a January/February baby!

That said, it took us a long time to conceive #1 so I would be so so grateful for #2 to be born any day of the year :) We will be TTC in a few weeks and I am hoping to conceive sooner rather than later, but I know it could easily take over a year. So we are just hoping for a #2, no matter the day!!!!

xx

im ttc in may so itll be a feb or march onwards baby. i cant afford another christmas birthday :rofl: Amelie was born on jan 4th and i was really uncomfortable over christmas and newyear 08/09 :(

We are already trying but deep inside I don't want another Dec baby:nope:. My DD was born Dec 29, 2006. There are so many family members with Dec bdays (cousins mostly and DD's step-grandpa's bday is Dec 30) and not to mention Hanukkah (on Dh's side) and Christmas (on my side). Then in early January there is DD's grandpa's bday on Jan 3, and DD's auntie's bday on Jan 10.

I'd really like to get my BFP next cycle....but if I get it this cycle I'll still be elated!:happydance:

OMG! I thought I was the only one! I'm so happy I'm not :) We do not want a Dec baby because my Grandma is born on XMas and always got one gift for both and I think that is really unfair! I know you can't control when the baby actually comes but we are going to start TTC in May to hopefully ensure a Feb baby, we shall see though :)

I am with you guys on this! I really don't want a Dec or Jan baby as I want there to be a nice gap between xmas and birthday. We will be ttc at the end of May for a late Feb early March baby. I am glad I am not the only one who feels like this.

I am keeping myself occupied by manic planning for something that isn't even happening yet!

I'm with you on the December, November I'm ok with but would like to avoid early January. I have a few friends with holiday season birthdays and they never get presents or parties in the same way.

If I caught this month (which I very much doubt, due tomorrow and I feel her knocking!) I'd be due november 29th, our 2nd wedding anniversay and I'd quite like that. If this isn't our month, then we'll be taking precautions for a few months, if not longer. :(

So, I think I am going to wait at least until middle April to TTC. Then the chances are bigger that there won't be a Dec baby. My birthday is four days after Christmas, and getting a 'big' gift that 'covers' both occasions is something I don't want my child to have. That time of the year, most of a kid's friends are away on holiday, making a birthday party difficult to plan, and their parents' money is all gone.
However, if I don't conceive in the next year, then I don't mind when the baby is born, then I will just take it when I get it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->