Anyone who hasn't had an appointment at all yet?

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
I'm finally having my first appointment tomorrow at 15 weeks. The reason I waited so long is because I lost my medical card and finally got it replaced (which took forever). I just didn't wanna spend money unnecessarily.

I'm so nervous about my appointment and worried that I'll recieve bad news. I keep thinking 'what if I had mmc' or 'what if this is a molar pregnancy'. I know thats very negative thinking but I'm a worry wart. I haven't felt the baby move yet so I'm freaking out a little. Has anyone else waited so long? & anyone else (who had pregnancies before) that hasn't felt baby move yet at 15 weeks?

I hope everything is okay. It's normal as well to not having felt baby. I hope you'll get to hear baby tomorrow. X

My first real appt was last week! I have been waiting to hear from medicaid (they have until nov 8th! :coffee: but I found a doc that will wait to bill my visits until after I'm approved. We paid out of pocket for an ultrasound tho, as i'm impatient and felt like I needed it lol

The doc should have been able to pull yout info up tho!

Hope your appt is great tomorrow! All your worries will melt away (for a minute, then a whole new set of worries kicks in lol) and you will be over the moon when you hear your baby on thr doppler

My first pregnancy I felt wiggles at 15w6d, but this baby has an anterior placenta, so I didn't feel for sure movement until 19w6d. :wacko:

I felt movements at 15 weeks last pregnancy and my MW said that was really early. She almost didn't believe it when I first told her. My first pregnancy i felt movement about 17 weeks which is more common but plenty feel it later than that.

My third pregnancy I didn't feel anything until over 20 weeks. Please don't concern yourself over movement at this stage.

I am almost 20 weeks and o lay had one proper MW Appointmrnt. It's my fourth and I seem to be "left too it".

I'm in the UK so it is likely different here but I'm guessing you can call someone for advice if you need to?

Good luck! I'm sure everything is well!! My first appointment with my son was at 14 weeks. It made me nervous but everything was OK. :)

everything should be fine! They'll likely want to do some sort of dating scan, but may wait the 5 weeks until you're ready for the anatomy scan. You'll definitely be able to hear baby's heartbeat via dopplar! And as far as movement, it's possible you have an anterior placenta which means you probably won't feel as much movement until 20 weeks or so. Totally normal.

Just saw you're in Canada. I am as well.

Seems waiting until second trimester to be seen is a common theme the last few years. My first two were born in 2007 and 2008 and I was in with OB by 8 weeks. My third and fourth (2011 and 2014) were 13 weeks, fifth was 15 weeks. I had my OHIP card too, so you probably would have waited anyway.

I normally waited until I was 15 weeks to see a Doctor with all of my pregnancies. I didn't feel my little girl move until I was 17 weeks! I was very surprised seeing as my other 3 were felt around 15-16 weeks. I too was freaking out, thinking the worst! All was well though.

I was seen by the doctor at about 10ish weeks, but that was because I had been to emerge with bleeding a couple of weeks before. He ordered an ultrasound between those two incidents. I didn't see him again until four weeks later, and don't go back for another two weeks from today (four weeks from last appt)

I live in a smaller city here in Ontario, so things seem to be a lot more relaxed then when I lived in a larger city. Plus, it has been five years since my last pregnancy, so maybe things changed. lol

I am sure all is fine. ;)

I was 14 weeks at my first actual appointment and I'll be 20 weeks at my 2nd. I didn't start feeling this baby move until 16+1 and even then I wasn't sure if it was actually movement from the baby or gas lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->