Anyone with an "alternative" hairstyle?

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Helloooooooo!!!

Im currently deciding whether to get a mohawk/mohican, Im going to a wedding in July and want to stand out :haha:

Anyhoo...... below is a pic of the hair I want (wish it was me in the pic :rofl:). Its not a punk mohawk, the sides are not shaved and wont look "too" bad if not up. Mohawk fans might even say its a tame haircut :rofl:

At the moment my hair is longish, with a natural wave. Do you think the hair will be easy to maintain? If you have a similar hairstyle, what products do you use? Not sure on colour, I work in an office so wont go too crazy, might stick to the dark purple it is now.

If anyone else has cool hair would love to see pics, if I wuss out getting the mohawk I will need other options :rofl:

Attachments

• mohawk.jpg
    mohawk.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 19
Yes I have an alternative hairstyle, it's called dragged through a hedge backwards. Sorry I can't help with the Mohawk but I think it looks amazing!

I've never had a mohawk myself but have had other similar styles and found most to be high maintenance.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll look fab!

Yes I have an alternative hairstyle, it's called dragged through a hedge backwards. Sorry I can't help with the Mohawk but I think it looks amazing!

thanks! i dislike the word "alternative", but cant call it Punk as proper Punks would have a laugh if they saw it :haha: Ive booked a hair appointment in first week of July so Ive given myself time to decide. I went in to book it and showed pic to hairdresser who did not look impressed and said it would take a lot of styling. She probably thought I was too chicken to get it done, but I hope to prove her wrong :rofl:

I've never had a mohawk myself but have had other similar styles and found most to be high maintenance.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll look fab!

Ive seen pics of your hair before in GS (thread on coloured hair I think, maybe even mine!) and it looks FAB! :flower:

Awww thank you! I think you've just cheered me up a little :haha:

Well just an idea here. There is a way to achieve a mohawk look without actually cutting your hair. We call it a braided mohawk lol. Basically what you do is you braid your hair and the side of your head upwards and the rest of your hair sits on top, giving it a mohawk look. Here's a picture: https://www.google.com/imgres?q=bra...8&start=50&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:21,s:50,i:363
Not the best picture, but you get the idea :)

Hmm my hubby had a mohawk for years...and i can say as frigging awesome as it looks the maintence was a bitch.we tried every possible thing to keep up and the best we found is treseme freeze hold hair sprair (the big tin) with hair dryer...would go rock hard and even withstood gail force winds.

Personally i wud sugggest just getting the sections from forhead to ear shaved leaving majority of hair in middle layered with big fringe...this way u can still have u hair looking long..or punk it up.

I think it'd look awesome, but as has been said by others the styling/maintenance is a killer... my mohican would never stick up properly (back in the day lol)

thank you for the comments! I did consider braiding the sides, will look more into it. My hair is quite coarse, with the right products I might be all right with a mohawk. I get annoyed at my hair in the summer and want the sides cut so it stays out of my face, so this would be perfect! Mum is not so sure :haha:
If anyone has any pics of possible other styles please share! :flower:

I wish I got pictures, but I had my hair clippered all one side and kept the other side just above my shoulders and very choppy. Used to run alot of product through it to define all the different choppy bits and make it really stand out.

Faythe, that sounds cool! I really want a hairstyle I can mess up a bit, I cant atm, my hair is long and borrrriinnnggg! If I messed it up it would get all over the place :haha:

Ive decided to also look for a mohawk so its kinda like the one in first post but longer at the back, so the spike meets the long bit at the back if that makes sense? the sides will stay longish though. Eek! I just dont know what I want! :haha:

Just do it! It'll grow back if you don't like it :D

Eeeep I so want a mohawk :) I'd say go for it!

I don't have an alternative hair style, though I've always got funky colours;

This time last week
https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535889_405836242788963_661079637_n.jpg

Yesterday
https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/575657_407561662616421_236679258_n.jpg

Not me, but fob used to have a blue mohican when the kids were little. Now he's just given my 7 year old son the same.... I'm not sure if it looks cute (like a mini daddy) or if I hate it (where have his lovely curls gone??!!!)

I'd love to be brave enough to have a 'alternative' (hate the word haha) haircut/hairstyle but my hairs just boring and halfway down my back.

I say go for the mohican, it'll always grow back if you don't like it

xxx

I'd love to be brave enough to have a 'alternative' (hate the word haha) haircut/hairstyle

I know, "alternative" is such a general blah word :haha:

I have found another hairstyle I am now more in love with, still a mohawk but a bit different from the first, see below.... I think it would be a little bit shorter on the top (mainly on the crown so its a bit neater), and would be longer at the back. I was thinking dying it purple (I use Live Mystic Violet normally). It will look odd when its first cut as I have left my hair and it hasnt been dyed for a while, so the sides will have blonde in when they are cut, should be cool when dyed as it might make the sides look lighter.

What do you think? :flower:

Attachments

• Hair final.jpg
    Hair final.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 109
I am seriously considering that braided Mohawk

Well, I got it done!! :happydance: Will post a pic when its styled. Got it cut today and dyed it this evening. Sooo happy with it, I have had long hair for forever and its awesome having it short. I have a load of products to try, 2 things used in the salon and some stuff from Boots too. Will find a suitable "before" pic too. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->