anyone with experience with TTC after birth control?

Mamallama122

Reaction score
Here's my story. Can I hear yours for comparison? Current or past!

I had been on BCP for four years before coming off of them a little over one month ago. I had a period the week after which was more aggressive but normal for myself without BCP. I ovulate early(anywhere from CD 9-12 usually). I started taking Vitex to help this.

I ovulated around CD10 this month. AF was 10/1-10-6. BD every day the week of 9/24 and every other day after AF. CD 19 I had VERY light blood when I wiped. It happened once in the morning and once in the evening. Cramping, nausea, sensitive breasts, and backache have all happened but I assume that it's in my head. Two days ago, CD 22, I had a lot of clear, odorless CM. I used an OPK but it was negative two days in a row. Yesterday CD 23, still a lot of clear CM but it smelled sweet. No UTI and no STDs. Still negative OPK and negative HPT.

I guess my question is, is this all my hormones trying to get back into balance after coming off of BCP? I've been assuming that I'm just too excited to TTC.

Thanks ladies!

It could easily be your body still balancing itself out. Even with a period coming pretty normally it can take months for the body to readjust to everything.

You say that you use OPKs to track ovulation, are you doing anything else to track it? Have you taken a pregnancy test?

When my husband and I decided to try for our first together I had the implant out and had a load of pregnancy symptoms shortly afterwards, around the time I was expecting to see a period so I tested and it was negative, and I wasn't pregnant, it was just hormones adjusting and mimicking pregnancy symptoms which is quite common. I didn't pay any attention to signs of fertility then because I didn't know much about it - to me it was a matter of having lots of sex and I was completely clueless to any subtle changes like cm or anything. Anyway, we conceived on my third cycle. I had regular periods after having the implant removed, they were 28 days each one. Obviously I didn't have many so this could easily have changed had we not conceived.
I didn't have any regularity with our daughter because I was breastfeeding and had only just given birth to our son when I got pregnant with her, she wasn't planned.
With my first child we weren't trying but weren't preventing and it took a while before I fell pregnant with him, I hadn't been on any birth control before, we had been using the pull out method.
This time - I had the implant removed a few years ago because it caused excessive bleeding for a year. We only used condoms afterwards until August '16 when we decided we wanted another. My cycles weren't regular at first but have become more regular and have settled into a 26-27 day cycle most of the time with a 14-15 day lp, but I have had a load of chemicals which I believe to be due to hormonal imbalance. I did take Microgynon at the start of 2016 because I was suffering with PMDD and the doctor wanted to try this out, plus we weren't trying then. It only lengthened one cycle after I stopped it (40 days), probably because I only took it for the three weeks and as it made my PMDD worse during those weeks I decided not to go back on it after the seven day break. So other than that I haven't had any hormonal bc for quite some time. I think my hormones are unbalanced because my diet has been so crap and it had only been months before we decided we wanted another that I put on some weight to take me back to a healthy weight so this is likely where my issues lie.
Bc hasn't for me caused any issues when ttc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->