Anyone with Hashimotos thyroiditis? Early pregnancy hand tremors

free_spirtd

Expecting #1!
Reaction score
I just got a light bfp this evening. (so shocked and excited!!) I've had upper back pain (like I did some heavy lifting), and I have some trembling in my hands, weakness in my wrists (not terrible, but almost like did Se push ups or something). I was found to have on the border Hashimotos and haven't been put on medication yet as the numbers were still hovering up an down in "the normal" range.

https://aftiggerintel.hubpages.com/hub/Pregnancy-and-Thyroid-Disorders

I found this link describing what I'm experiencing.

Does anyone else have a thyroid disorder? I literally just found out 4 hours ago about our pregnancy, so I was planning on making doc appt, and telling DH (surprise for Christmas) next week. Thank you and sorry I don't have an introduction yet :). My name's Lacy :).

Hi there,
I have hashimotos too. For me it runs in our family. I was diagnosed with it about 4 years ago when I was about 17.
My midwife has told me that it's important to keep your levels under control, especially during pregnancy as it can effect the development of the baby. She said I would have blood tests often and maybe even extra scans to check if all is ok. So when you go to your booking app I'm sure you will get it explained there. :) congrats btw! x

I have graves disease so a little different. I am being monitored with bloodwork every 6 weeks and my obgyn is also aware of the condition so they are monitoring as well. Just make sure that your levels are checked and monitored by your endo.

Hello I have Hypothyroidism and have been on medication to regulate it for about 5 months.

I went to get blood work done when i found out about 4 weeks pregnant and my levels dropped a bit, they upped my dosage and am doing better now.

Make sure you get your levels checked regularly ( I get blood work done every 30 days)

Congrats! and H&H 9 months to you.

Sorry I did not have the trembling hand/wrist issue.

I have hypothyroidism, and I won't see my OB until the 19th. Pretty sure my levels are off though. Been having some Hypo symptoms, mild hand tremors are one of them. I'm a little worried about my numbers, but they won't see me until then. Praying baby develops normally.

I have hypothyroidism and hashimotos. I was diagnosed years ago. Now that I'm pregnant I have my levels checked every four weeks. I see my doctor this week, so I'll have the opportunity to ask lots of questions since this is my first pregnancy I don't know what to expect.

Thank you all for your replies, they are so much appreciated. I am still having the muscle weakness, tingling in my legs and groin, and back pain. All this is new for me and I'm still waiting my blood results from almost 2 weeks ago.

It turns out my bfp was a dodgy test :(. it was so obvious and I clearly expected a darker line the next morning and nothing but bfn's since.

I hope I will be back soon! If not this cycle, then something soon. Af is due Saturday or Sunday this weekend.

I wish all of you a H&H 9 months and so greatly appreciate your responses. Now I know when we do get pregnant, what I'll need to know. I also think I need to switch Endo's as this one doesn't seem to ever return my calls. :-/

God bless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"