Anyone with incompetent cervix?

AmyLouise89

Reaction score
I went to my first ob appointment today & he thinks I have an incompetent cervix going by how I lost my last baby (19 weeks 3 days). & it really does all make sense. But he can't "diagnose" & stitch my cervix unless I've lost at least 2 babies (3 following books). I had a biopsy done on my cervix in March/April 2009 & cervix froze due to low risk hpv. I totally forgot to mention this to my OB today & see what he thinks. The GYN that did the biopsy and freezing told me to not get pregnant for at least 2 YEARS afterwards. I fell pregnant in January 2010..so not even a full year later. Could that be why I lost the last baby and might cause it to happen again :( i'm so scared and can't quit thinking about things. My OB is gonna keep checking my cervix every appointment. If a biopsy causes incompetent cervix (i found that online), I wonder if they can get stronger in time & lessen my chance of premature labor this time. I'm praying everything goes okay this time..I don't wanna lose another baby..this one is a blessing as it is :( Any opinions is appreciated.

Hi there, I just wanted to say, that Im currently going through kinda the same thing! I found out in october that i have to have treatment for abnormal cells. I got my date in to have the biopsy on the 23rd of dec - but i cancelled, as it was too close to xmas, and ive heard it is a quite sore, and involves cramps and bleeding afterwards. I then got another date for the 13th of jan, but on the 10th, i found out i was expecting again. Sadly I lost the baby there on sunday :( ... i have no idea if it was anything to do with having the abnormal cells or not. I still went along to the appointment and was checked over.. and the gyno told me he was happy for me to continue the pregnancy. He said that having the treatment done does not affect fertility in any way. Was it a cone biopsy you had? Don't quote me on this, but i've heard that this is the only thing that can affect it. I still need to phone them back to rearrange treatment since i lost my baby :( good luck, keep in touch xx

I'm not sure if it was a cone biopsy....just know it hurt and he said something about getting a sample to check for cancer...I'ma call my OB tomorrow and have him get the records from that & see what he thinks.

I lost my son at 22wks gestation. Oct. 09' from Bacterial Vaginosis after I lost my mucus plug and the nurse practitioner refused to listen to my plea to check it. At any rate, I keep wondering if I also have an Incompetant uterus too. After my loss, I was told I'd be on progesterone cream once I get a bfp and then I'll be cerclaged at 13 wks or so.

My suggestion as it looks as though we have similar experiences is to take that precautionary measure and demand to be cerclaged. If they refuse until you actually have lost two, I'd go to a state that WILL perform the cerclage. I've only lost one child, that's enough! I've learned from my own experience that I'M THE MOMMY protecting my child and while medical staff are there to advocate for ME and the baby, often times they don't do what "I" would do.

I wouldn't accept no to a cerclage and I would most certainly make sure your on progesterone suppositories for protection. If they refuse, find a good Dr. in another state that WILL perform the procedure. I'd even pay out of pocket to save my baby.

No more allowing others to decide what the best treatment is for me and MY baby. "I" pay THEM. If they don't listen, then as a consumer, I'll fire them. Nough said.

So sorry for your loss.

I'm in the two week waiting period. Once I find out I'm pregnant, I'm on to progesteron in oil shots and a cerclage later. In my opinion, it's the only procedure that will help me follow through to term after a 22wk loss. I must say I'm grateful our state doesn't make me wait till I've lost two or more. As you well know, it's unbareable losing one let alone anymore. That is outrageous they can even go on each day saying that to their patients. That's just awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->