anyone with long cycles?

Boothh

Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels
Reaction score
im on cd30!!! thinking i can start testing about this time next week, just getting annoyed with waiting now though, i hate long cycles !

i had 35 day cycles and a luteal phase of 6-7 days which was agonising for me cause i got my timing perfect and then once i had my thermal shift and stuff 3-4 days later id start spotting and then id come on.....

so after waiting 18-20 days to ovulate i finally do and then my body let me down.
thankfully it doesnt do that anymore but i know how annoying it is having to wait so long, especially when some women are already coming up half way through their next cycle and you're still on the previous one!

Me! I have 34 day cycles and it feels like it takes forever. I used to love these long cycles as it meant fewer periods but now it just means longer 'til ovulation! Right now I'm on CD 28 and no symptoms to speak of at all...maybe just a few twinges down below but that's probably AF getting ready.

If no BFP this cycle it means I have to wait until like CD 19 to ovulate again. Bummer!

How long are your cycles normally? You said you're on CD 30 now.

But yeah, I'm with you! :)

average between 35 and 40 days can be more or less though last was 43 days! i think i ovulated around CD22-24 but its guess work so can start testing this time next week i think, iknow what you mean i used to think yaay less periods now i think nayy less ovulation!
i was talking to my friend about this she has 25day cycles n was tryna explain how annoyin it is she gets 2 OVs in the time i have 1!!! x

Without meds I average between 45-72 days, so I feel your pain. It is so frustrating!

my "normal" seems to be about 36 days......even then I dont O every month :(
my longest has been about 75

I feel your pain

I can so relate! My cycles are 45 days. :cry: Last cycle I didnt ovulate until CD30 it felt like forever. I did get a BFP that cycle but sadly I am m/c.

Im hoping my dr doesnt want me to wait several cycles to try again because that would be way to long. Im actually thinking of trying again right away. Hoping that because I O so late I have a chance to O before my first AF.

Long cycles for me too. I'm on CD39 right now. I'm pretty sure I ovulated 13 days ago. I've been spotting lightly for 6 days. Where is AF??? And no, I'm not pregnant, had a BFN this morning and no symptoms whatsoever.

My cycles range from 35-43 days and I usually ovulate between days 20-28. Annoying!

I'm seriously considering Clomid, in hopes I'll ovulate earlier.

I can have longish cycles. It's hard to say because my hormones used to be all over the place. It wasn't until about 3 or 4 years ago that they suddenly self-regulated (though I'd still miss months, etc) and I hadn't tracked cycles until I stopped the pill last September. But in that amount of time I counted cycles from 27 to 45 days and the cycle I conceived Lil Peanut I was headed towards a 39 day cycle.

My cycles usually fall 32-35ish days, but my last two were 40 and 50. Felt like they'd never end!!

Thankfully I have a pretty predictable 14-day LP, so if I know when I ovulate, I know when I'll bleed. Sometimes it just takes a really long time for that egg to drop!

My cycles usually fall 32-35ish days, but my last two were 40 and 50. Felt like they'd never end!!

Thankfully I have a pretty predictable 14-day LP, so if I know when I ovulate, I know when I'll bleed. Sometimes it just takes a really long time for that egg to drop!

Yeah, my LP is predictable too. I don't always ov when I show symptoms, however. Usually my AF shows up two weeks after I get the cramps and spotting (the EWCM shows up whenever it feels like it) but occasionally I ov much later--this happened twice after stopping the pill. The month I conceived Lil Peanut I actually ovulated about a week and a half after I got the cramps & spotting.

My LP has been a bit short, 10 - 12 days, but it is pretty predictable within that range. I've been able to bump it up to 13 days using progesterone cream. It has never been longer than that...until this cycle.

Starry, when you said you got cramps and spotting a week and a half before ovulating, was this separate from AF? I've had mid-cycle spotting a week after AF and a week before ovulation many times. I've had all my hormone levels checked and they've come back normal. What has your experience been?

My cycles are between 35-40 days which I thought wasn't normal, I'm having a scan soon to check that my ovaries are ok but you've all made me feel so much better. Long cycles are rubbish, its the waiting to come on and the not knowing when I'm going too! In one way I'm happy that I've come on because i know that i'm 'normal' but then at the back of my mind I'm sad because when i do come on it means I'm not pregnant! Bloody hormones!!

Starry, when you said you got cramps and spotting a week and a half before ovulating, was this separate from AF? I've had mid-cycle spotting a week after AF and a week before ovulation many times. I've had all my hormone levels checked and they've come back normal. What has your experience been?

Yes, the spotting and cramps is separate from my AF. The cramps feel like twinges or pokes and are one-sided. Usually I get them on the left side but one in awhile I get them on the right. The spotting is a one-time occasion and is always brownish and light and comes once the cramps end. I don't always get EWCM but this usually comes a bit after the cramps and spots when I do get it. When I conceived Lil Peanut I got the EWCM about a week before I actually got ovulated. I also get mild PMS-like symptoms such as nausea and sore boobs but I'm also, uh, ready and eager to fertilize. ;)

I USUALLY get these signs right around ovulation with AF coming two weeks later. It's only been two times since I started tracking that it didn't. But I have read that these signs aren't very reliable as they only let you know your body is gearing up for ovulation. It can come before, during or even after ovulation. Sometimes it can gear up and not ovulate at all. I don't use OPKs or temp so I can only pinpoint the date by when I got AF (or when I got pregnant). Though I do get post-ov symptoms too (tacky cm that dries up over the next week, stronger and persistent PMS) so I can have a general idea once it passed.

And my hormones check out too. I also got my ovaries checked and it's all normal too. I still suspect I may have endometetris but I don't know about that for sure or if that would affect things.

i too have long cycles, since i lost Max they have been between 33-41 days, with LP being 9-11 days long, which is on the short side :(

long cycles suck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->