anyone with male infertility issues??

OH will do the ice pack. He won't do the scrotal patches I bought :haha: I was the one that decided that maybe the ice pack directly on the boys wasn't a good idea, because I just imagine them retracting back up against the body to get warm. My theory was to try to cool the over all core down. Maybe I'll try the ice packs on his feet too. :thumbup:

We're on cycle 19 (cycle 13-17 were NTNP). My tests have all come back normal and clear, including HSG. We've done two SAs on OH and they were 13 & 15 mil and low motility. We live in Hawaii and the island we are on doesn't have a facility for IUI so we would have to fly back and forth to another island. So we decided to hold off till we move back to the mainland, we hope to move early 2015. We are also trying fertilaid, he has only been on that for 21 days now. So that's our story in a nutshell.

Tina - was just wondering how your DH got on with his latest SA? Did the Fertilaid make any difference? DH has about 2 weeks left of his 3rd batch and I don't think he wants to get anymore.... Obviously no BFP yet but keeping my fingers tightly crossed for a miracle this month!

Hoping it helped you x

Hi can I join you ladies? We were just diagnosed with MFI after 6 months of unsuccessfully trying. I know 6 cycles isn't that long compared to a lot of other people here, but since I got pregnant within 2 months with DS, so I just knew something was wrong, Which prompted us to get tested. DH has 0% morph, 12 mil count and ok motility. The results of his first SA were even worse! We were basically given less than a 1% chance to conceive naturally and were told that ivf/icsi is our only option and that there's no way to get his numbers or sperm quality up. I'm so desperate to give my 2 year old a sibling with a reasonable age gap, so part of me wants to jump right to ivf, but the other part of me wants to exhaust all other options first. I just don't know how long it will take and then all that time will be wasted and we'll just end up with ivf anyway.
Did the fertiaid work for anyone? DH thinks that taking any supplements/vitamins is pointless, so I'm pretty sure he'd refuse to do the icing too. He's also obese, but it's like pulling teeth getting him to exercise. Any advice would be appreciated, but if nothing else, I thank you for letting m

Hi StretchMarks,

Welcome! Although I have to say this particular thread isn't that popular so you may not get too many replies. My husband tried the fertilaid for the 3 months and it made his motility plummet. I think the biggest lesson I've learned from our 3 year journey (and not pregnant yet) is that there could literally be ANYTHING wrong with your DH which is causing the poor sperm results and if it's something small like a vitamin deficiency then for sure the vitamins may work, however you have to realize with any 'solution', it may have adverse effects if there was no issue with that particular problem in the first place. We eventually ended up moving to IVF last month and unfortunately out first fresh cycle failed. Luckily we have 13 frozen embryos. It all depends how much you can take. We were the ones that literally wanted exhaust every single option first, and we did. We tried everything. But nothing had a lasting effect, it just may have given us once good semen analysis before going back down again. I guess it also depends on your age and how much time you have. We started out when we just turned 27 and now we just turned 30 so we knew time for the most part was on our side. I was lucky enough to have 21 eggs retrieved and every single one fertilize. They all lasted up until day 5 which is when 7 died off. So if you have time to spare and aren't in a rush, maybe trying other things is a good route to go. I know that in the 3 years we've been trying, we have a stronger marriage, more patience, more faith, and more strength than we ever had before.. so although it's a long journey - it's definitely brought us many benefits. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

We feel fertiliaid made things worse for us too....OH's SAs were 18 and 15mil, after fertiliaid his results have been 3, 4 and 4 mil! :nope: Like BlueDaisy said it could be anything, but we think fertiliaid didn't help.

Hi, ladies. :flower:

I thought I'd update...OH had low motility and count (3-18mil each sample). He also had low testosterone. The urologist decided to try Clomid. After the 1st month his testosterone went up nicely. Now 3 months later (it takes about 3 months to make new sperm) we have our very first BFP after 28 months!:happydance: We've moved states so he hasn't gotten a new doc yet to recheck his SAs, but I'm going to wager they are ALOT better lol. I had just scheduled my appt with a FS for May and was hoping to do IUI in June because both his docs and my docs thought that was the best route for us.

I'm praying this bean sticks and you all get your beans soon!:hugs:

Congratulation Lilly! That is amazing news! I really hope your little bean sticks and that you have a H&H 9 months! x

Hi my hubby also had a vaaectomy reversal his count is good, as is motility, his morphology had reduced from 6% to 2% (being told 4 is normal) but he also has 100% sperm antibodies. Our vaaectomy surgeoun insists this is normal despit the nhs report saying that it suggests immunilogical infertility is highly probable. A lot of places don't even test for antibodies so we never would have known there was a problem.
We just started saving for Icsi with egg sharing x

Hello to all, so this is something new for me. Posting online with very personal information. However, Im turning to this outlet in hopes of gaining a new outlook, more positive and real outlook. My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years now. We did a year of clomid, and and two IUI with no success. Took a year off due to stress factors, and now getting back in to the crazy world of "unexplained infertility". We just had the routine tests done, and this time around my husband's sperm morphology came back at only 3%. Which the Dr. says is abnormally low. I also have a polyup in my uterus which I am getting removed in two weeks. At this point, they are telling us that IVF is our only available option. It all seems so discouraging in end. How do you all keep going and stay positive? I am in need of major help and hearing from anyone who can relate. I honestly feel alone and abnormal...

Hi donkcf,

My hubby's morphology has gone from 6 to 2 (4) being the average for normal. The vaaectomy surgeon seems to feel this is of no concern at all. If it helps I have been told that morphology can vary greatly from SA to SA and also that vitamin D can improve things a great deal (my husband has quite a severe vit D defiency) and is having to take a very high dose weekly which will be monitored by further blood tests. X

Hello donkcf...just wanted to reach out and let you know I completely get what your going through. I recently switched clinics and they told us that our only chance is through icis with ivf. We only have one shot because of our type of insurance. And even then we will still have to pay a few grand. This whole things has been overwhelming. It's so stressful each month and the disappointment of aunt flows arrival is heartbreaking. We can't give up though. His urologist told he he has seen men father a child with 1% morphology. So each month I have my little pity party and pick my self back up again. I try to keep myself busy with gardening and finding crafty things to do around the house. It's keeping me going! Good luck to you and 3% is not that bad..did you have a repeat SA yet?

I had to pay 100% out of pocket for ivf/Isci as it was our only option. So many many thousands of dollars. We only had one shot, and I now have 3 month old twins! Just to update bc it's been awhile.

Hi ladies!!! I was on here about 8-9 months ago.

We have been trying for two years. DH has a sperm count of 2mil. I have one ovary.
With his ex, DH was trying for a baby 10 years, several IVF, several losses never got pregnant naturally. Finally with a ISCI they had one baby.

I have two boys from previous relationship. Got pregnant naturally before I had my ovary removed.

I have lost ALL hope to get pregnant naturally. We were almost calling to a clinic to book for the first fertility appointment.

And! I found out I was pregnant. Just like that.

So, to all of you, girls, there IS a chance and hope! Don't give up trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->