Anyone with PCOS conceived naturally after having to take femara/letrozole baby?

Gemma2013

Reaction score
Hi I hope someone will see this who can help.

I had my 1st baby 5months ago after a long 4years of trying including 13 months of gruelling scans and meds. Me and DH don't want a big gap between her and our next one but the thought of having to go through all that again. I would love nothing more than to just fall naturally.

We are not trying actively but are not using contraception either. I haven't had a period since having my daughter but could go up to a year without them before due to a bad case of PCOS.
Anyway if anyone has had experience of falling naturally after having to rely on medication I would appreciate a chat. I have a strong feeling that I will have to go back to square one but trying to stay positive for now. Any stories would be very welcome :)

My clomid baby was born in January, I didn't have a period at all after (but NEVER had them before him anyway so didn't think it abnormal) in July I finally convinced my gp to put me on metformin as I read it helps with pcos symptoms, 3 days later I fell pregnant- but it ended in mc a week later. That was 2 months ago I was hoping since I did ovulate once it would happen again but it doesn't seem so, still no AF! So we are starting clomid tomorrow again to get the ball rolling!

Hi thanks for replying

Really sorry that it ended in MC :-( That's really good to know about the Metformin. I am going to book an appointment in the next couple of months.
I went to docs yesterday as my tiredness is completely ridiculous and she thinks my thyroid is very underactive I match every symptom and she says that this may be contributing to the no period thing as it controls the hormones, So will see what happens with that.
Anyway I wish you lots of luck with your clomid cycle. Hope you won't have to go through many months before you get your next little addition :)

Well I had a blood test yesterday to ok me to start clomid, and my gp rang me today and said hold off as my progesterone is 6.1 indicating I'm in the luteal phase aka 2 week wait! So I've gone from not having periods at all to having 2 periods 2 months apart since starting metformin.

wow so it is doing the job huh. Oooh so an unexpected wait for you :) You never know do you! Fingers crossed for you :)

I know but I'm so annoyed we've hardly BDed lately!!
I was taking it easy as I thought I'd be starting clomid in a few days lol. I just checked and we've only BDed on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 19th and 22nd of the month! And I have no idea when I actually did ov all I know it's within the last 2 weeks

Hardly Bd'd hehe I think that's pretty good going considering you didn't know you had to ;-)

Looks to me you gave it a very good chance! Keep me posted please?

Nature is one big mystery that's for sure x

I will!
I would recommend looking into metformin. It's worth a google at least :)
Where clomid / femara are all about THAT CYCLE, met is a long term solution not just about forcing ovulation, but rather fixing the underlying factors

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->