Anyone with PCOS using Agnus Castus plus Fertility Treatment?

MrsAM

Reaction score
Hi

I have read so much good stuff about Agnus Castus on here, thanks BabyandBump for bringing it to my attention.

The only thing I am worried about is whether I can take it to help regulate my periods and also hoping it might make me ovulate naturally, alongside any fertility treatment I am having. I know there is no point in asking the Docs about this so thinking I should just start taking it and just inform them? If its really not compatible with any fertility drugs surely they would tell me not to take it?

Just wondering if anyone else is having treatment and taking it?

Also I read you should take it from CD 1 up till ovulation. It's CD 4 for me is it worth taking now? And with PCOS I don't ovulate so should I just keep taking it continuously?

Thanks in advance

It never worked for me sadly but I took it continuously if that helps.

I've never heard of it, but as someone who also has PCOS, I would be willing to try anything!! What is it supposed to do?

I posted a very similar topic, just a few hours before you did - titled 'Vitex'. No one really gave me an answer, so I came to your topic to see if there were replies helpful to my situation. Nope.

Hopefully we get some answers soon.
Good luck!

I'd love an answer to this!! I was just going to post the same thing!

Vitex was how I got my girl. Took it CD one and kept taking it until I was 8 weeks pregnant and slowly tapered off. I have pcos and low progesterone. I got my bfp first cycle of vitex. 16 long months ttc

Currently ttc #2 and will be taking vitex on cd 1 agian. Good luck!
Go ahead and start taking it now. It will be fine ! I would take it continuously to help keep your progesterone levels up and prevent m/c

P.s don't take it with clomid as they cancel each other out!

Hi everyone, thanks for joining in

Oh_Clementine, I did see your thread that's what inspired me :haha:

I have a a very specific question though which is because I am such a worrier I never want to take something that would interfere with the fertility treatment and as the consultant at the clinic wasn't very forthcoming or helpful with his advice about Metformin, a 'normal'' drug shall we say, I feel paranoid they will not care if I take it or not and if it messes it all up its my fault! Yes I am paran but only cos I have so many questions and the clinic just doesnt want to know unless they're sticking a horrid probe up you! Soz tmi.

Thanks BellyBump89 for your experience. Hope you don't mind a few more questions from me! So, did you just tell your Dr that you were taking it and they were ok with it? Also if you dont mind, what kind of treatment were you having when you were taking this and also conceived?

I would definitely want to try this as it seems to have worked for so many.

Onions, thanks, I know how you feel when something that seems like an answer to your prayers doesn't actually work for you. My two friends conceived without any other further medical help on Metformin, but it didn't work for me. I felt gutted.

I've never heard of it, but as someone who also has PCOS, I would be willing to try anything!! What is it supposed to do?

Hiya

Yeah I just found out about it on here, thanks to all the great ladies here bringing all these things to our attention.

I think it also goes by the name Vitex, and you can't take it with EPO, I'm assuming because they both do similar things.

It's a herb which is meant to help restore hormonal balance and help regulate your cycle. I think it can also help to lengthen a short luteal phase. It seems to have actually helped a few women conceive.

The only issue is looking around the internet is that they say dont take any fertility inducing herbs if you are having assisted conception unless prescribed by a qualified (herbal?) practitioner so that's why I'm trying to find out if any lafies on here did take it and the outcome etc.

We wernt having any treatments because my insurance doesn't cover anything fertility related. I had been taking metformin but had to stop because I had so many awful side effects on that. I started resarching about the vitex and started taking it and told my doctor. She was fine with it and she's the one who told me to take it continueisly and start to slowly taper off at 8-10 weeks

Hi BellyBump

Great thanks for the information. I think I will just let my doctors know I am going to start taking it and if they have any issue or think I shouldn't I expect them to pipe up!

Ok just found this on another forum so posting it here for information:

https://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=29145

Browsing through other answers it seems the general consensus is not to use it whilst using other fertility inducing drugs

So I guess that answers that question. Wish I had done all this natural herbal stuff before I started the treatments! It might have really helped back then.Oh well, at least if you are not having any treatment at the moment it is a good thing to try. Good luck to all on it, hope you get your BFPs.

Btw BellyBump you have a beautiful baby bless her.

Thank you! I hope you get your BFP ASAP!
Fx'd and baby dust <3

Where were you able to find vitex?? I've looked at the grocery stores here in town and can't find it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001E101L2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1372298478&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

This is what I took.
It's also available at GNC or any herbal shop

Hello: I don't have PCOS but i wanted to vouch for Vitex. I was TTC for 6 months, felt like forever. I was getting impatient and my LP seemed to be very short. I called a herbalist friend and she told me about vitex. I started taking vitex 2 cycles ago. The first cycle i was on it we didn't BD until after ovulation. Then, my last (most recent) cycle, we only BD'd ONCE and BAM - pregnant. I can't say enough how happy i am with Vitex. My understanding is that Vitex naturally helps your body's fertility hormones regulate themselves so that it's the way it would be in nature. So, a happy side effect of Vitex was that i was also far less moody. Although I don't want anymore children after this one, I'm going to keep start taking it again after i give birth because it totally helped even out my hormones. It's 100% natural so i don't see how it could negatively impact you with PCOS, but i'm not a doctor. <3 Vitex

Hi Viola

Thanks for your inspiring story. Really mskes me wish I had taken it when I was not in the treatment program!

I think you are right it would be good for PCOS but as I am taking fertility drugs every other cycle it could interfere with the way those frugs work which is ehy I wanted to know igf anyone had taken them at the same time but I think it's probably better not to.

Next time I check in at the hospital I will ask in passing but I'm sure they will tell me the same.

Urgh sorry for the typos I hope you got what I meant...drugs not frugs!!!

Oh, also, is there a certain time of day y'all take it? I know certain vitamins are best absorbed at certain times... Just curious!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->