Anyone with PCOS?

NessFrench

Reaction score
Here's a little story

I have done 3 cycles of clomid all failed so I was sent to a RE. Upon reviewing my info he scheduled me for an ultrasound and bloodwork to check for PCOS. My ultrasound sept 10 cd 8 showed 2 cysts on my left ovary and 6 follicles on my right. Cd 10 I got a little EWCM went ahead and DTD jus to be safe. Since then my face is completely broke out and my boobs have been sore on the sides. I am thinking I geared up to ovulate but didn't. My last cycle was 34 days and from my info the RE thinks I oed cd 17-18. So my question is does it sound like it was ovulation or just hormones leveling out. I won't see my RE again until next Tuesday and I am driving myself crazy wondering whats up. Ovulation tests do nothing for me bec they are always positive any help would be great

Here's a little story

I have done 3 cycles of clomid all failed so I was sent to a RE. Upon reviewing my info he scheduled me for an ultrasound and bloodwork to check for PCOS. My ultrasound sept 10 cd 8 showed 2 cysts on my left ovary and 6 follicles on my right. Cd 10 I got a little EWCM went ahead and DTD jus to be safe. Since then my face is completely broke out and my boobs have been sore on the sides. I am thinking I geared up to ovulate but didn't. My last cycle was 34 days and from my info the RE thinks I oed cd 17-18. So my question is does it sound like it was ovulation or just hormones leveling out. I won't see my RE again until next Tuesday and I am driving myself crazy wondering whats up. Ovulation tests do nothing for me bec they are always positive any help would be great

PCOS will sometimes give false positives. I have been a victim of that this cycle. I went from ovulating to suddenly being anovulatory.

If you have an RE the best thing is you wouldn't even need to use the OPK's but temping would be awesome to add it. I foolishly stopped tempting this cycle and don't know what my body is doing because I relied solely on OPK'S
. An estrogen surge can cause break outs. A lot of women mention that they get acne when they have ovulated.

Hopefully, the RE can give you some answers.

Yea i was just wondering if these were typical symptoms of pcos or if maybe I did o on my own my daughter still gets up at night so temping would do me no good as well

Hi NessFrench!

I was diagnosised with PCOS back in May after three failed cycles of clomid by an RE. Unless I used clomid, I was anovulatory. My RE put me on metformin and dexamethasone. Since starting both drugs, my body has responded wonderfully. I am not ovulating on my own. I've had two cycles (31 and 32 days) and I've ovulated on my own. DH has a low count, so it's still making conception very difficult. I'm using opks, but temping also. My RE wants me to focus on opks though.

I have PCOS and I've been trying for three years, used clomid and nothing seems to help us conceive. My ovaries are covered in tons of tiny cysts though, not just one or two. :(

so are you guys constantly crampy? I have endo which I attributed to a lot of my pain but apparently cysts are an issue too my scan showed 2 on my left but 6 follicles on my right

I have PCOS and was diagnosed at 21 I am now 36. I have an 8 year old little man.. I am now TTC #2. I am using FERTILaid for women, Fertilaid ovaboost and fertilaid CM I have read so many great reviews on this product. They say it normally takes 3 months for it to really be in effect. I am also on metformin 1000mg. I have noticed that some of the side effects have lessened, you know hair growth, being able to loose weight etc.. However its still aggrivating. I get POS OPK all the time because us woman with PCOS always have elevated levels of LH in our body. When I conceived my first child it was strictly on metformin and when I found out i was pregnant it was such a surprise. I think i have a mild case of PCOS because I do feel my hormones are back to normal, but I still feel like I am not ovulating, I am having annovulation. I have researched and googled so much and I found alot of great information on the internet :) they say not to use OPKs because they are never accurate. Basal Temp is the best way to go. I hope this helps... GOOD LUCK and Baby dust to you..

Thats another thing I do not have the common symptoms of pcos i dont have the weight issue i dont have the un wanted hair but I do have horrible acne outbreaks,cysts, and no periods. We are ttc 3 my first two girls I had surgery to remove my endo and ended up pregnant but i was also always having a period and now they have sudden stopped we have been ttc 9 almost 10 months

Hmmmm.. See i have always had a period.. I think the longest I have gone is a week past due date.. Have you spoke to your DOC to see if he/she can get you on metformin? that is the PCOS wonder drug.. lol.. Also start reviewing Fertilaid. its made by fair haven health clinic, thats what I am on. And I can defintley tell the difference in my hormones and it has AWESOME reviews. I am on that and metformin. I am just waiting to release an egg. They even have a product strictly for patients with PCOS. I am about to enter into my 3rd month on being on this product. I have been battling this PCOS gosh for over 15 years and it truly sucks.. I am here if you ever wanna chat you are more than welcome to PM me. I have researched and I am very knowledgable with PCOS and side effects all that good stuff. I just hope because I am 36 I will be able to release another egg. Because I honestly feel that each cycle has been annovulation. My LH levels are constantly up and there OPK dont work for me. UGH...

I am cuurently waiting on test results 10 to be exact to get an actual diagnoses they just assume its pcos due to not having a period and the cysts then seen on ultrasound I see my RE next tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->