Anyone with PCOS?

yay!!! so glad we got 2 BFP this month!!! Congrats to both of you!

I'm starting to get very nervous about my lab work in a few days, not sure why :(

Congrats you two! Excellent news! I am hoping I'll make the hat trick this month as my temps aren't following their usual pattern! I'm trying not to test until 12dpo (which will be Tuesday)

FX for your labwork swimmyj :)

And FX your temps are a good sign kmpreston! Only 3 more days :)

kmpreston- fx for your BFP this month!!! change in pattern is always a good sign :)

Swimmy- good luck, I know its hard not to be nervous but at least you will be getting some answers !

BabeAwait- 12dpo 49 15dpo 104 17dpo 202 so my first was a 66 hr doubling and second a 50 hour doubling. I had blood drawn this morning so I should hear this afternoon :) I'm nervous but excited too. Let me know how yours goes!!

Baby dust to everyone else. I hope all is well

Wow that is great clapper! I bet that feels good to know. :)

As far as I know my ob isn't going to do a beta progression. Just a bloods for hcg progesterone then whatever else she needs to check. I could be wrong but they never mentioned it. I did however take a weeks progression test at 4+3 weeks and I'm getting my bloods on 5+0 weeks. So I guess with some research I could find an approximate range for 4 days. :shrug: I'm a mad scientist sometimes :lol:

kmpreston- fx for your BFP this month!!! change in pattern is always a good sign :)

Swimmy- good luck, I know its hard not to be nervous but at least you will be getting some answers !

BabeAwait- 12dpo 49 15dpo 104 17dpo 202 so my first was a 66 hr doubling and second a 50 hour doubling. I had blood drawn this morning so I should hear this afternoon :) I'm nervous but excited too. Let me know how yours goes!!

Baby dust to everyone else. I hope all is well

Patterns now different in that I'm having a very slow decline in temps but no longer hopeful. No AF but could have been due today or tomorrow. BFN so far at 12dpo :(

I chickened out of getting my labs drawn today. I had some crazy dreams they told me I was missing my ovaries now lol but I'm going tomorrow after work cd21 is a better day to go anyway :) I stopped taking metformin this cycle sense I was ovulating without it anyway to see what my baseline labs are. Idk it kind of made me feel weird going off it. Has anyone else has that problem?

Km-Sorry that your temps are declining...Maybe the BFN was just too early to tell....still have FX that you're not out of the running yet since no AF!
Babeawait and Clapper-Congrats to the both of you! Hope everything continues to go well and hoping for sticky beans for the both of you!
Swimmy-Good luck on your blood work! I know what you mean about being nervous about what they might find. When I went for my HSG I was terrified they were going to tell me that I had blocked tubes or something. I almost chickened out but I had to tell myself if there is a problem, it will suck, but at least we can address it and try to work around it instead of the endless frustration of BFN's especially if there's something that can be done to help. Hang in there! FX everything comes back normal! As for the metformin, I am on it as well. I know starting it was pretty icky with a lot of changes especially GI. I haven't gone off it but I know most medications can effect you starting it and going off it.
I am currently CD 17...probably 3dpo. On CD 12 I went for an ultrasound and right ovary had 13.5 follicle but lefty had a 22 follicle! So I got the greenlight to go ahead with the Ovidrel that night and directed to have timed intercourse. Which I feel like since starting the meds...all the intercourse is timed and calculated! I definitely had some quick sharp cramps here and there for a couple days post Ovidrel so I'm hoping that egg is making it's way to meet my hubby's swimmers! Only time will tell I guess...right now just trying to relax and not think about it too much. Baby dust to all! Hoping for more BFP's from the rest of us!

Well results came back my progesterone is really low 1.73 so they are going to have me try progesterone after ovulation next month. Has anyone tried that?

Me swimmyj!

I have low progesterone. I took the suppositories from 4dpo on until af. My luteal phase was really short and I would spot without it. I honestly don't think I could of gotten pregnant and stayed pregnant without it. Now my OB wants me to stay on it until 8 weeks but after some research I am going to stay on it until 12 weeks instead.

Let me know if you have any questions about it! :)

Ohhhh that makes me so excited to start it sense you got your bfp with it. My LP is 11 days usually and I don't spot but with my level low she said it should really help. She has me taking the pills 200mg, starting 2-3 days after I get a +opk or temp increase. How many tries on it did it take you to get your bfp on it?

My bfp was my 3rd cycle on it. I had 6-8 day luteal phases before going on it so mine were quite bad and I'd get brown spotting. I got pg in feb but mc at 4+1 weeks. I honestly think it was nearly a miracle I even got pregnant then (I implanted on 6dpo) and I really believe my low progesterone is what caused the mc. My lp extended to 13/14 days on progesterone and no spotting.

The only downside I've had was it WILL make you feel pregnant in the tww regardless if you are or not. The first cycle I took it I would have bet lots of money I was pregnant but I wasn't. Sore boobs, tiredness, bloating, and any early pregnancy symptoms can be from the progesterone. So it might make it less heartbreaking to keep that in mind. If you chart your temps will also look different in your lp so you may want to record when you take the progesterone.

The first couple days I took it I was very tired as I adjusted. Similar to how I am now in the first trimester. You may also feel some cramping for a while after you put it in, that's normal. Be prepared with lots of clean undies and pantyliners because it gets messy! Lol

Even though there are a handful of side effects and it makes things confusing in the beginning I think it's so worth it. Atleast in my experience I feel a lot safer being on it. If I wasn't I probably would constantly be checking to make sure I wasn't miscarrying. Also since my mc/starting the progesterone my cycles have gotten better, I went from ovulating on cd31-44 to ovulating sooner and sooner to cd20 my bfp cycle. I'm not sure which it is accredited to the mc or the progesterone. Having PCOS sooner ovulation was definitely a plus. :thumbup:

Sorry if this is a long ramble! I have a lot to say on the topic. And me no feel so smart preggers. :haha: I hope I've made sense and the info has been helpful? :shrug:

Feel free to look at my charts! They have a P in the meds row that marks when I was taking progesterone. :)

Thank you! I was creeping on your chart earlier lol. It's weird most cycles my breasts really hurt like 4-5 days after I ovulate but I'm not this month lol. Fingers crossed I get as lucky as you! I've tried not to symptom spot anymore sense I get most of the early pregnacy symptoms haha not fair that it's so close.

Hey y'all! Longtime no see lol. Congrats to all those that got their BFP's this month!! That's wonderful!

Well good luck swimmyj I hope it's your magic cure! :) If you get questions later on feel free to pm me.

Thanks KelliGal! :)

Hope everyone else is doing well?

thank you for answering my questions lol :) i totally had myself all freaked out yesterday about it.

OK I need advice y'all. My cycle was 37 days this month (YAY!) That's the shortest it's been in like a year. Im considering taking Clomid this cycle, but I am freaking out that it will screw with my cycle! ( last time I took it, I bled at 21 days with no ovulation, then the next time my cycle was 55 days no ovulation). I am not stressing either way, I just don't want to screw up my cycle, but i'd also like the boost of Clomid.

What do y'all think?

honestly i would avoid clomid if possible if you are ovulating on your own I wouldn't do it especially if it has messed you up in the past.

Doing good AF is 3 days late now I'm gonna wait a while to test though. Can't wait to start on progesterone and clomid! Also I might be adopting in the next 6 months! She's 2 1/2 such a cute child definatly has some trust issues but I can't blame her for everything she's been through. My great aunt get the choice of adopting her first but she's 60 and I really hope she doesn't. It would be better for her to have 2 younger parents that would love her and be able to keep up with her. Idk maybe that's selfish of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->