Anyone worried about bad morning sickness?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I'm currently WTT right now but my biggest fear before getting pregnant again is having to go through 24/7 "morning" sickness (HG) while having three youngsters to care for. I'm so afraid that will happen again, the debilitating nausea. I couldn't spend the time with my kids like I wanted to or clean the house or even leave the house to go shopping. I was reliant on my DH the entire first 20 weeks. I literally spent all day either in bed or on the couch stuffing my face because eating was the only thing that took the curb off the nausea. Diclegis was my saving grace with my last pregnancy but I still had the bad metallic taste in my mouth and was still nauseated once the pills wore off. This will be our final baby and I'm trying to remember that I only have to go through it one more time. Anyone else worried about this when the time comes?

Hi! Yes I'm terrified of this. HG seems to run in my family as both my mum, sister, aunt and grandmother all suffered from this. I am also one of those people if I smell something bad I retch. So I'm going on the fact I'll get it too! It's going to be my first baby so not certain how I'll be though.

I'm personally terrified how it is going to affect my job....

All this being said my mum had terrible HG for her first two pregnancies but then for her next two didn't have it. We are all girls too so not related to gender. So maybe you'll be lucky and not get it this time?

I had severe morning sickness while I was pregnant with DS2. I was on Diclegis until I was around 30 weeks and even then I was still constantly nauseous and everything except a few foods made it worse. It was absolutely horrible. I relied on OH a lot to help with my older kids and then once the summer started, they spent a lot of time visiting with their grandparents because I couldn't function very well. :nope: I am absolutely terrified of pregnancy being that bad again and it's the one thing making me hesitant about having another.

I didn't have HG, but I had nasty morning sickness with dd for 20 weeks! Could barely get off the couch. Really worried about that with an EXTREMELY active toddler. And the exhaustion. Not sure how I'm going to keep up. So I try my hardest not to think about it!

I also work in my mothers daycare now so I can bring dd with me (before I was a nanny for a family so easy enough to hide) but seeing my mom everyday she's going to know if I'm sick. And I'll be chasing after 10 kids all day! So yep not thinking about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->