Anyone WTT number 3 in 2014?

sounds like everyone has the same concerns! guess we will all be the same boat in due course then!

good luck Cam for the wedding! maybe you will have a honeymoon baby?

i think if you have 2 of the same sex then lots of people will assume you want another boy of different gender, i guess that might get annoying.

i had my coil out this morning, so the ttcing can begin, although im still bf my little one so not sure if we will conceive quickly.

im nervous but excited! far more nervous than i was with baby no.2, that was an easy decision.

Yes.
Going to try for a 3rd from May.
Would also like a 4th, maybe even 5th! :)

I would love to keep going but think this is the last :growlmad:

I know what you mean....my hubby wants 4 or 5, but on a realistic level with the size of our house, the cost etc will determine it for us. I sometimes also say this will be my last and stop at 3...will see.

:dohh:

Does anyone else worry about being outnumbered? I mean 3 kids vs two adults...lol scary!!

I am desperate to try for no 3 now hubby wants to wait 2 years :-(
My way of thinking of it is I don't sleep much now so let's get it out the way while I'm used to no sleep haha. Also I'm a sahm so if we have 3 now when they r in school I can go back to work sooner than I could if we waited 2 more years.
Hubby's not convince at all he really wants to wait and we can't compromise and go half way as my mum is getting married July 15 I a, bridesmaid and need to fit in dress so it's now or after wedding

this will def be our last (planned!) baby. three is the maximum we can accomodate with bedrooms and the car comfortably. we were going to stick with 2 but are going for it with no. 3 but no more.

i know what you mean by being outnumbered, but surely we are already outnumbered when husbands are at work?! lol. still i do have one arm and one knee available to each child at the moment. how do you hug 3 kiddies at once??

mammy2oaklen - i would go for it now for the reasons you said. it will be less of a disruption now i think. 2 years is quite a big gap of about 3 years once the baby is actually born.

happy planning everyone! i started my folic acid today too. feels a bit surreal. im v nervous about getting preggers whilst on maternity leave, feels v wrong. my poor boss. he is going to have a meltdown.

this will def be our last (planned!) baby. three is the maximum we can accomodate with bedrooms and the car comfortably. we were going to stick with 2 but are going for it with no. 3 but no more.

i know what you mean by being outnumbered, but surely we are already outnumbered when husbands are at work?! lol. still i do have one arm and one knee available to each child at the moment. how do you hug 3 kiddies at once??

mammy2oaklen - i would go for it now for the reasons you said. it will be less of a disruption now i think. 2 years is quite a big gap of about 3 years once the baby is actually born.

happy planning everyone! i started my folic acid today too. feels a bit surreal. im v nervous about getting preggers whilst on maternity leave, feels v wrong. my poor boss. he is going to have a meltdown.

Don't worry about your boss! I started folic acid recently too!
3 is about max we could get in this house too, but hoping to move some point to a 4 bed house!

Not sure how you'd hug three kids at once, but sure we will have fun trying to squeeze them all!

Yep..never thought of that-totally outnumbered 9-5pm anyway! So no3 should be no different! :)

we only have 3 bedrooms at the moment but are starting a loft conversion in april so we will get the fourth bedroom! we host paying guests during the summer though so all the kids will have to share for a few weeks a year but never mind.

feeling really excited! i just hope i conceive really quickly because if not then we will have to take a break because i dont want a christmas/december born baby. will then ttc again in the summer next year.

we put our tree up today! was so much fun. we have got a 9 ft tree! everyone got their decorations up yet?

Can I just ask (as this was one of the practical things that put me off wanting a third for so long), what cars you will all have when you have 3 kids?

We have a 3 and a half year old and a nearly 2 year old. Both currently have a cosatto zoomi car seat each. If we assume I got pregnant in say February, by the time baby was born my eldest would be 4 years and 4 months, and my youngest would be 2 years and 9 months old. Then we'd have a new born needing a new born car seat.

Would I still use the cosatto zoomi's for the girls? They're group 1-2-3. Then if I did what cars would fit 2 of those and a maxi cosi cabriofix?

I want to just look forward to ttc but all these stupid things stress me out! Lol. I also think a lot about how holidays abroad are always tailored to families of 4 and we'd be a family of 5. We love the typical package all inclusive holidays so god knows how that would work. The cost I imagine would jump by a mile!

X

i have a vw golf estate. im hoping i can fit 3 car seat accross the back, if not i might need to upgrade to an mpv but i really hope not. too expensive!

we dont do package holiday type holidays so that doesnt worry me.

the only thing that really worries me is one person being left out, eg on a bus where seats are in pairs, or disneyland when going on rides etc.

Yeah the holidays I know we could still do, they'd just be more expensive so that wouldn't put me off. It's just a pain that everything is always tailored to a family of 4.

But yeah I really do worry that one will always feel left out. Like I have 2 girls and they're so close. Probably party to do with the fact there's only 19 months between them. If I had a boy would he just be totally miserable being on his own. Or if I had another girl would she be left out because of the bigger age gap anyway. When we go out for walks etc there's always one parent to one child. What happens when there's a third all of a sudden. I sometimes feel selfish for even considering a third. I couldn't bear any of my kids to be unhappy or feel pushed out, whether that be my older 2 because I'm busy with a baby, or the baby because the older 2 will probably require more of my attention.

As for a car I know we'd need a new one. We have a Peugeot 206 and a BMW 3 series. With the current car seats in there's no way we could fit a maxi cosi in there too. So that would mean2 new cars as each of our cars would need to be able to fit 3 car seats as we share nursery runs etc and both work full time.

I just wish it was as simple and easy as going from 1-2! Lol

X

i know exactly what you mean Doc. the decision from 1 to 2 is easy.

i have one boy and one girl at the moment. i worry that the new baby and same-sex sibling will gang up on the other one, or my existing 2 will gang up on the little one. its hard! 3 just seems such a weird odd number, but to me 2 just seems such a small family. too neat! most people would be thrilled by my family set up but honestly to me it just feels too twee. i am one of 4 children so i think i crave a big family. that said 3 will be enough if for no other reason that logistics and expense. really hoping i can keep my car.

our other car is a vw polo which we will keep. we dont have spare car seats anyway and we can always put one in the front with the air bag off if we have to use that car for any reason (i could sit in the back between the other 2 carseats).

what things are people exicted about for having a 3rd baby?

I'm excited for all the selfish stuff :/ like I can't wait to see that bfp and have that excitement of the first scan, deciding whether to stay team yellow or not, getting a bump, counting down til due date, going into hospital, making the announcement, having cuddles with a tiny newborn, breastfeeding, pushing a newborn around in a pram again, having a baby that needs me for EVERYTHING again. My 2, although they're still young are getting more and more independent every day.

Plus I think christmas's and family holidays will always be fun with lots of kids. I'd like to think they'll all be close and even if they have their moments they'd always be there for each other.

X

Doc i completely agree about all the bits you mention about having a newborn, although im still pushing around a pram! lol.

im in the south west too!

Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to that stuff. I do feel sometimes like I want a third for selfish reasons.

That's cool, whereabouts in the South West are you?

X

Oh I love Devon. We go to Dartmouth all the time as my oh's parents own a holiday cottage down there. We're actually going down to Dartmouth after christmas for new year! We go to Croyde in North Devon a lot too, we're going there next year for a week.

X

cool! love dartmouth. north devon is lovely too.

how is your decision making coming along? i still have moments when i think i have the perfect family but that is by other peoples standards and not my own. really hopign to have 3 little stockings hanging up by the fire next christmas.

I still away from definitely wanting another, to thinking, nope I can't do it. In the space of 5 minutes I can literally go from thinking yep it'll be fine, we'll make it work, other people manage somehow, to omg no, it will wreck everything, we can't do it, one will always be left out!

I think I'll just enjoy Christmas and maybe then just ntnp and perhaps give a timeframe on it. Like if we haven't got pregnant in x months then we'll accept we were only meant to have 2 children (we conceived first month with both our girls).

X

how is everyone else ttc no.3 doing? i was holding a friends 10 week old today and was dreaming about it being number 3. It felt natural!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->