Apologies *updated post #9*

third time

Reaction score
First of all let me apologise as I know there have been toones of threads like this before, but I really just need some reassurance.

I have just been reading the 'cramping' thread and many people are saying that they are still getting cramps up until 12 weeks.

I am ten weeks today and haven't had any cramps for the past week and a half (had internal scan 2 weeks ago and saw hb).

Could it be possible that I have had a MMC???? I'm so worried as I feel fine in myself now apart from sore boobs, which if I had a mmc I would still have due to hormones! Arghhhhhh!!!

The only thing I can say - if you are worried check yourself out. But from what I heard you have to bleed to have a mc.

:hugs:

:hugs: i havent had any cramping and im 12 weeks now. My LO is ok. I am sure your LO is ok too :):) :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks guys.

Wombat - for a mc you do have to bleed, you're right, but not for a missed miscarriage (MMC) -sometimes the baby stops growing which is why I'm worried!!!

Babystar - you've made me feel a bit better, thanks, but do worry that I had some and now they've stopped, at least you haven't had any I suppose.

Anyway, I'm probably being over dramatic but can't get the thought out of my head!!!!

Thanks again

Amy xx

First of all let me apologise as I know there have been toones of threads like this before, but I really just need some reassurance.

I have just been reading the 'cramping' thread and many people are saying that they are still getting cramps up until 12 weeks.

I am ten weeks today and haven't had any cramps for the past week and a half (had internal scan 2 weeks ago and saw hb).

Could it be possible that I have had a MMC???? I'm so worried as I feel fine in myself now apart from sore boobs, which if I had a mmc I would still have due to hormones! Arghhhhhh!!!

I have been thinking the same over the last few days because I've been feeling much more normal. M.S. is nearly completely gone, still tired and bbs are a bit tender but not as bad as they were. I also worry about missed m/c especially because it recently happened to a friend of mine. But from everything I have read, mmc is rare, much rarer than normal m/c, I know that I just have to try and trust my body and believe that baby is OK. Still another two weeks till my scan so I just have to keep telling myself that everything will be OK.

Polaris - I get you!!! Normal is definately how I would describe myself, I actually haven't had any morning sickness so can't really comment on that. I feel a lot less hungry than I did to begin with - arghhhhhh - feel like I'm going out of my mind. I'm trying to think positive but have convinced myself of a mmc!!!!!!

Good Luck xx

Im sure you will be fine hun, i havent really had no symtoms at all and was worried but seen my bubs on the scan twice now heart beating away. Whens your scan hun? xx

Im sure you will be fine hun, i havent really had no symtoms at all and was worried but seen my bubs on the scan twice now heart beating away. Whens your scan hun? xx

I don't know - the midwife I went to was appalling and didn't do a thing, she said she had to refer me because I wasn't at her hospital (my doctors is in the middle of 2 hospitals). I haven't heard from the hospital yet - going out of my mind a bit now!!!

Have decided need to stop researching things on internet!!!!

Some sites say that only 1% of all miscarriages are missed ones. another says that 1% of all pregnancies end in missed miscarriage. Antoher says that a doctor said 1 in 6 are???? - not sure about this one?? Read the signs of missed miscarriage they said decreasing symptoms can be a sign!!

I just can't deal with it anymore, have sat and cried for the last half an hour!!!! DH doesn't get it, he is just really happy, don't want to get too attached just in case? Does that make sense??

Just to top it off, don't think I'll get a 12 week scan coz I had one at 8+1!!!!

I know just how you feel huni, I have been doing the same thing from the day I found out I was expecting! worry, worry, worry! I dont think you should be worried if you have no cramps, that is generally a good sign hun, try not to research things on the net remember that the net services the whole world so you are bound to come across horror stories, dont cry huni it will get easier, I am 13 weeks tomorrow and I am still a stress ball!!!! not good but totally normal Luvs to you xxx

Yes internet research is definitely not always reassuring. But your risk is definitely reduced because you have had a scan and seen a heartbeat. That is crap about not getting a 12 week scan, could you maybe ask midwife if she could at least check the heartbeat with doppler? As it would be a long time to wait. Just remembered you said midwife was not helpful, that doesn't make matters any easier. Try not to worry hun, I'm sure everything will be fine, there seems to be so many of us with symptoms reducing at around this stage, I have read that it is because the placenta is starting to take over hormone production so your symptoms start to reduce. Fingers crossed for all of us.

I don't know if this helps any, but I had an 8 week scan yetserday, and all was well. I told my DR that my nausea seemed to be going away, and he said that's good, that symptoms will peak and begin to taper off between 8 and 12 weeks! I believe you are 10 weeks? So that would make you right on target for fading symptoms. I think it's because the hormones peak and then stop doubling and level out, so it's pretty normal to lose symptoms at this stage.

I know it's hard, but try not to worry too much!:hug:

Hey hun, I'd fight for the 12 week scan. There is no reason why you shouldn't have it just because you had one at 8 weeks. I know that when I was going for mine they said that your dating scan should be carried out between 10 and 14 weeks so I think that you are still entitled to one.

I know it is easier said than done but please try not to worry. It isn't a bad thing that your symptoms are settling down, that is supposed to happen between 8-12 weeks. I know mine have. Try to enjoy the release from the not so nice symptoms :hugs:

Yeah, they really should still give you a 12 week scan as this is the dating scan.
I also had a scan at 8 weeks as I was suffering cramping and bleeding and they dated me at 7+5 but I will have my dating scan next week. It will be much more acurate and the dates will possibly be different.

You tell your midwife you want the proper dating scan and if she still says no can you possibly go to your doctor or even change midwives? I don't know how this works.
But don't be scared to tell them what you want, you and your baby are most important, don't let them forget this!

Good luck x

Thanks guys, this has really reassured me and made me feel a bit better.

just got off the phone to a midwife who works in connection with my s**t one and she is filling in the forms again for me as we speak as there is no record of me even going in!!!!!! :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

She said that, they class the safer zone from 8 weeks which is why it is unlikely for me to get a scan - DH is going mad as we are so worried due to past history!!!

Hopefully this form will find it's way to the hospital!!!!! FX

Amy xx

Hi Amy

Just to re-assure you a bit, I had a missed miscarriage back in Nov/Dec and didnt know the baby stopped growing from week 6 till week 9.

I had most of my pregnancy symptoms with the only difference that I had tiny spotting brown on an off ( like say every 3-4 days)

When you have a missed miscarriage your pregnancy hormones are still high so you do feel very pregnant still. You also experience some mild spotting from my experience but nothing too scary.

Also, I have read that from week 10 your symptoms start dying out a bit so you are actually on that stage now?

Here is what I read "What you are experiencing is totally normal at this point in the pregnancy. Your typical pregnancy symptoms, such as nausea or breast tenderness, relate directly to the pregnancy hormone hCG. This hormone increases during the first months of your pregnancy, and your symptoms often get worse. After around 8-10 weeks of pregnancy, the hCG hormone decreases rapidly and with it, your pregnancy symptoms. This is normal and has no negative effect on your developing fetus. Your doctor can confirm the well-being of your fetus by checking the fetal heartbeat"

I think you are right to get a scan but I also think that you will find that your baby is absolutely fine and very healthy

Hugs x

Thanks .... Alex???

That is reassuring, I'm at the doctors on thursday so might ask him to have a little listen and see what he thinks??

Going to keep trying to think positive now as not ahd any spotting at all so FX'd!!!

Good Luck xx

:hugs: It's definitely hard not to worry about everything during the first trimester.

I didn't have cramping at all, but I spotted in all of mine and other than that, I didn't have very many symptoms and they came and went. Somedays you won't feel pregnant at all.

Good luck hon! But I think you and LO are fine. Hope you get your scan soon to put your mind at ease.

Doctors are a pain sometime, as they dont understand the amount of stress and worry that we go through on the 1st trimester. If your doctor tries to tell you to wait and see, insist on the scan. It will put your mind at ease, it really will.

I am sure everythign will be fine, I really am. Good luck and let us know what happened after your visit!

Good luck and Ive got everything crossed for you xx

i had a mmc last october which was picked up at my 12 week scan this time i was given a scan at 8 weeks in addition to my dating scan, after this scan at 8 weeks all being fine and the heartbeat being visable i was told that the pregnancy now has a 95% chance of success so please try to relax as the stress won't help the bubs xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->