Appetite supressants

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
As some of you are aware Im trying hard to lose my weight.... Im having a problem at the moment where I am just so BLOODY hungry :hissy:

Has anyone tried any of the over the counter appetite suppresants?? like adios and things?

Do you rate them?? I need some help :cry:

I havent tried one... but i've considered it.

I was looking online and green tea helps with weight loss, as do probiotics.

Im still considering whether I should take the next step or not.

Ive tried a few and tbh they made no difference at all just made me want to poop a lot :lol:

I havent tried one... but i've considered it.

I was looking online and green tea helps with weight loss, as do probiotics.

Im still considering whether I should take the next step or not.

Funny you should mention green tea.... I tried it today... Well its an acquired taste...! Lol!! Not keen at all, but I will try again!! :)

I have used stimerex but it makes you crap a ton! I also used phentermine and lost 30 pounds SO fast but it is prescription. Good Luck Kerry!

They say My Alli is supposed to be good. I bought it but only took a couple of pills. I'm horrible at pill taking. :dohh: It's not really an appetite supressant but it really keeps you on track with your eating because if you eat too much fat......err....you kinda have oily BM's. :blush:

www.myalli.com

They say My Alli is supposed to be good. I bought it but only took a couple of pills. I'm horrible at pill taking. :dohh: It's not really an appetite supressant but it really keeps you on track with your eating because if you eat too much fat......err....you kinda have oily BM's. :blush:

www.myalli.com

Yeh this is the one that is being brought out over here!! Its not available yet!!

do ya know u can actually go to ur docs and they wil give u diet pills.. i did this and they put me on orlistat which the erm..oily bm...tbh if u wil cut out fat completly ul be ok but if not then its awfull....but if u are over 25 they can prescribe reductil which is a supressent...my auntie lost loads on that ....they wont do it under 25's as as the more at risk of something x

What criteria have you got to meet to be able to get it prescribed? You must have a certain % of body weight to lose right?

I use to take caffeine tabs and a product called ephedra. It works but I'm not reccommending it. It gives you cold sweats and palpatations. I'm not going down the supplement route this time, especially with BFing amelie.

What criteria have you got to meet to be able to get it prescribed? You must have a certain % of body weight to lose right?

yeh you need to be in the obese category and even then I dont think they will give me them. My SIL got them but she is alot bigger than me!! She couldnt handle the ones that you have to manage your fat intake but shes on the appetite supressant ones now! I might ask next time!

my mam took adios to lose weight and didnt realise it cancels your contraceptive pill and she fell pregnant didnt realise she was pregnant till 4months as she just thought the pills wernt working and was still have her af everymonth lol

well i got them the doc didnt ask me any questions just said that i have to come back every week or 2 to be weighed etc.

i didnt evn have to step on the scales...lol obviousy lookin at me was enuff. x

i need something.... Im sensing today is going to be another one of those days :(:( !!

hi
i have tried virtually all the over the counter pills and none worked to be honest. I went to my GP and told him i am struggling and he put me on a course of Reductil. It stops the 'im hungry' signals getting through in your brain its so effective. You can go on it for a year and it has a long term effect in the sense that your stomach shrinks naturally and you (and your brain!) gets used to eating less food so the weight doesnt creep back on. I cant praise it enough it has really changed my life.
good luck x

hi
i have tried virtually all the over the counter pills and none worked to be honest. I went to my GP and told him i am struggling and he put me on a course of Reductil. It stops the 'im hungry' signals getting through in your brain its so effective. You can go on it for a year and it has a long term effect in the sense that your stomach shrinks naturally and you (and your brain!) gets used to eating less food so the weight doesnt creep back on. I cant praise it enough it has really changed my life.
good luck x

I think Im going to have to speak to doc soon.... do u mind telling me your weight etc when you went on them?? You can pm if you want...!! :hugs:

yer reductil really helped my auntie too but u have to be over 25 for them to be prescribed but obviously if u are then go for it xx

well u cud always try...but i doubt they will as i think it was something like under 25's were more at risk of heart attacks or something...but this was 2 odd years ago it may have changed now....but the others they do is orlistat which is the fatty stools one which i seriously wudnt recomend unless your going to cut out all fat as it was horrid man.

fluxotene also stops u feeling hungry but its also an anti-depressent. i got prescribed this with the orlistat to stop feeling hungry ....lasted a couple of weeks then did nothing. but it cud defo be worth talking to ur doctor about im going to try again for the reductil u never know xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->