Apple seeds, just double checkin

mommyof3co

Mommy of 4 amazing boys!
Reaction score
I gave Hayden an entire apple and he ate the entire thing. Oops. He usually does fine and doesn't eat the core but for some reason he did and I didn't see until the core was pretty much gone....seeds and all. I posted it on FB because I thought it was funny and now a friend is saying the seeds are poisonous and someone else is like freaking out when I told them. I know they are poisonous but from what I understand you'd have to eat a whole lot for it to cause any problems. And they are like but Hayden is tiny, well yes but still he's not that tiny. He's fine right?

It is true that children are more susceptible, the advice is not to allow them to eat the pips, but I don't really know how many would be 'safe'. I would think 1 apple would be, but may you could call your doctors surgery and ask a doctor to call you as they will know for sure.
I know my dogs must not eat them, but they are like the size of newborns!

Well I've been watching him and it's been hours and he's fine so I think we are good :) But thanks for your reply!!

. I even had a kids story at a practise about an apple pip that was being eaten and could therefore explore the digestive system.
In side the pip the digestion can form cyanide , but firstly it is in very low amount, and secondly it is capsuled, so similar like chloride in natrium chloride.

There ae even studies which look whether it is actually helpful against cancer.

I'd never heard of them being poisonous?:shrug: Sounds like he's fine!

I also wanted to say: there's a lot of stuff to be scared of in this world but apple pips isn't one of them!

Yeah I really wasn't concerned but other people were acting like I really should be so just wanted to double check there wasn't something I was missing lol

Plus he probably swallowed them hole rather than biting them open, I know when Elyse has berries the seeds erm... come out looking the same the other end.. if berry seeds can survive digestion I'm sure apple seeds will be ok too :)

Plus he probably swallowed them hole rather than biting them open, I know when Elyse has berries the seeds erm... come out looking the same the other end.. if berry seeds can survive digestion I'm sure apple seeds will be ok too :)

Maybe an apple tree will grow in his tummy! :haha: (Good god don't tell him that, he'll probably take it literally!) Oh yea, and Tasha ^ is right, apple pips have such tough shells, he'll probably poop them out whole! Nice! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->