Appointment at the Miscarriage Wing tomorrow

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
I was scheduled to have an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure everything has gone. I phoned as arranged tonight to speak to the midwife.

She still wants me to come in, but just to do a urine test - this is mainly due to a)my bleeding has stopped (stopped by Friday, only spotting on Saturday, nothing by Sunday)
and b) that when I got my HCG test last Monday, it was down to 47.

She says that if there is anything coming up in my urine sample/possible blood test, she will do an ultrasound - but if not, then it will show that everything has gone.

This should be ok, shouldn't it?

Good luck hunny. I think it should be, hope everything goes fine so that u can start TTC again.

I am almost in the same boat, I am so scared of tomorrows D&C thing, I hate it :( Can't wait to join u again in the TTC

Take care dear :hugs:

good luck poppy hun x
yeah that is what they done with me when i had my second mc
hope all goes well hun xxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck poppy, I am thinking of you
Luv Cheryl xxx

Back from midwife's appointment. She did the urine test and unsurprisingly it came up negative, so everything must be gone.

Hopefully my cycle will regulate itself so that I can start trying again after one cycle.

Good luck girls!

Thts happened to me yesterday! Quick ultrasound (nothing there) and quick urine test (negative) and sent home. The worst part about the day was waiting for the scan in the ante natal clinic surrounded by pregnant women. Had a few tears whilst waiting and my mascara got a bit smudgy by the time I left - in fact I laughed out loud when I got back to the car and looked in the mirror as i looked like Alice Cooper! And I had walked all the way through the hospital looking like that...oh dear
good luck, lets hope everything gets back on track soon xx

Good luck to you as well Cookie.

Good luck Poppy, glad your appointment was okay :hugs:

Good luck poppy.

Great news.

Hi Poppy,
You've been so supportive to me that I wanted to reciprocate that to you. As I'm now bleeding I share your thoughts - we now just want a negative pregnancy test/low hcg levels and that was the last thing we both wanted a few weeks ago before our nightmares started, wasn't it?! I laugh at the irony of it sometimes but if it wasn't meant to be for whatever reason, best it all 'comes out' (physically and emotionally) then we can start again.

I can't wait to hear some good news from you. xx

You too hun - PM if you want to chat.

We should both try and have a happy Christmas. Then we can start ttc in a happy, healthy frame of mind in the new year.:hugs:

I've tried to schedule to go in to get checked over and they said no need just sit it through - GAH!

Good luck - and demand to have a thorough check over and if they wont then ask your doctor as that's what I'm going to do.

Good luck to you Poppy! I have to wait 3 months before TTC to get the drug they gave me for my ectopic pregnancy out of my system. I was upset about the delay at first but now I think I need the time to heal. I do hope you have good news for us soon - you and I have gone through losing our babies at roughly the same time. Take care hun.x

Hi Poppy, I also went for a scan on Monday morning to learn that everything had gone, sat waiting in the clinic too, with all those pregnant happy mummies to be, I just wanted to get out. Then I was told to wait for 2 hours for a doctor to see me. There were even tvs showing the baby channel, I couldnt get over it. Then when the doctor came and just said yes that is all gone and goodbye. Talk about state the obvious.

So anyway I understand what you are going through, and I hope that things work out more positively next time.

Take good care,
Lee
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4