Approaching the subject

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
How did everyone approach the subject of WTT to their partner? Wondering how to do it without scaring him off the whole thing! Feeling more confident about talking to him now :) but need some help with what to say!

I didn't have to approach it, it was just a natural progression conversation wise about what we wanted out of life and we talk about it fairly regularly so always know where we are. We never sort of said "right, when are we going to start thinking about this baby stuff then".... :lol:

It has all been incredibly natural which is how I always wanted it to be - neither of us are more ready than the other, we are both terrified and both excited and mostly, are both ready for a crazy time ahead!

xxx

HI Pixxie, we didn't decide properly. I was never a baby fan until suddenly I am surrounded by them. i started pointin out how cute they were to my OH etc. not bein serious, until he actually suggested we start tryin for one. then i felt scared haha!! no he has grown up in a large family with lots of young children so he isnt scared by having his own, he is excited. maybe you could just ask him when would he ideally like to have children? Just bring the topic up and see what he says. Wouldnt suggest asking him questions if he is ready right now unless he says so first. Good luck anyhow, let us know what happens :) xx

I was never a broody type and was a bit of a career girl...then I hit 27 and my biological clock went into overdrive. My husband wanted us to do things the "proper" way so we waited until we were financially secure, lived in the right place, had got married, then we got pregnant...all in the right order. Unfortunately I've just had a molar pregnancy but I'm glad we thought things through. It wasn't as unromantic and as robotic as it sounds above, we first and foremost wanted to spend the rest of our lives together and a baby together was the natural progression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->