Appt yesterday & another U/S soon

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
I had a regular check up yesterday, and everything seemed to be going well. Babies heart beat was strong. My regular nurse was sick yesterday, so I saw someone else... I had a couple of concerns about my previous u/s so I tried to talk to her about them. I told her that the technician pressed hard and that he didn't explain anything that was going on. Never told me what he was doing, and I felt uncomfortable with him. We scheduled another u/s to try again with someone else. I have gained a bit of weight before the pregnancy, but I'm not really big or anything, and the nurse had the nerve to say that it could have been because I have gained weight. Actually, she said because of "my size". I felt really bad about myself for the rest of my appt, and we had a pregnancy class right after. I was still feeling crappy, until every woman in my class said that they had to have a second u/s because the tech couldn't see the baby properly. I have Kaiser, so we all have the same nurses, and techs. But the nurse just made me feel like it was because of the weight I gained. (Sorry just had to vent about that). Anyway, we have another u/s and hopefully this time we will be able to determine the sex, as we will be a little bit further along than last time.

Does anyone have any tips for the u/s that might work. We will be about 23 weeks when we have it. Thanks!

Aww hon, I'm sorry the nurse said that :hugs: People are really insensitive about things and don't really think before saying something that might offend the person. Don't let it get to you. I'm glad that your going to get another U/S, hopefully the bub co-operates. I heard that if you drink orange juice half an hour or so before you U/S that it makes the baby more active but I'm not sure if it works ( I forgot to do that last time lol). Glad everything is going great with the little one!

:hugs:

hmm, i have never heard of that problem. maybe they are just incompetent at their job. here in canada, it is very straight forward, and I have never heard of anyone having to come back because the technician couldn't take a good look at the baby.
maybe you should swing across the border.

Thanks girls. =) I wish I could swing over to Canada. After me & DH watched Sicko by Michael Moore, we were both like, we should move to Canada! I heard about the orange juice thing too, and I tried it last time. Except I drank two big glasses of it before the appt, so the I think the baby was moving too much. I think I'll drink like one small glass this time. I went to the doc today to take care of stuff, and I got squeezed in next Wed the 21st. Hopefully things will go better. Thanks for the support!

Glad you will be able to be seen next week. I'm so moody I probably would have said something to the nurse for being insensitive. You can just drive up to Washington~ so far my care has been wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->