~> April 2010 Yummy Mummy Weight Loss Support Group <~

EternalRose

Reaction score

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll184/audrey083053/Cartoon/exercising-1-1.gif

Hi Ladies :wave:,

Well, I know there are quite a few of you that have been waiting for this thread for a little while now. It took me a while to get round to it, as I have been trying to figure out what diet I will be going on. I have also enjoyed a few more weeks eating fried chicken, and cream cakes before I close in on 6 weeks postnatally. :blush: I have spent my whole life yo-yo dieting, I used to be very slim (size 6) but that changed. I have also done really drastic diets in the past, i.e Master Cleanse. (I didnt eat for 6 days, yes thats right 6 days I was moody as :rofl:) So, I have decided to go with Weight Watchers online, I am really looking forward too making all the delicious healthy recipes. It seems easy to follow and I alsowill be joining the gym next week. That, I am looking forward too as it always makes me feel better afterwards. I just need to find the motivation to keep going :dohh: I hope we can use this thread to support each other towards our personal goals and share advice/tips.

How much weight do you want to lose?

I know how much I weigh but I am too embarrassed to write it on here for now :blush:, but I have 3 stone to get to my pre- pregnancy weight ( Size 14) and I wanted to lose 3 stone before I even got pregnant so in total 6 stone. Yikes, but its all good. :haha:

To help us get to know what path we are all on...

Will you be doing any excercise & if so what kind?

I will be going to the Gym, and running till I pass out on the treadmill and attending Body Pump when the maschostic mood strikes. I also need to sort out the granny belly asap so I will be doing stomach exercises too.

What are your short term goals & long term goals?

I would like to lose 2 stone by my 24th birthday which is August 11th. Optimistic much? I have no idea yet. I am going to give it a good go though.

I would like to lose another 2 stone by Christmas.

After that, I would like to work towards my personal goal of getting to a size 8 for my News Year Resolution.

Eeek, so that is 4 stone in 7 months? Come to think of it that seems a bit much but I am going to see how I get on, and I intend to go a bit hardcore in the gym after I work my way in again. :lol:

When do you want to lose the total weight by?

I would just love to be a size 8 by next year May, a year on. :cloud9:

~ Note: Anyone can join this support group ~

Hey! I'm totally signing myself up. 2010 is the year of me being a Yummy Mummy.

I currently weigh 18st 8lbs :wacko:. That is LESS than I weighed pre-pregnancy though (the only good thing about constant pregnancy sickness).

I want to get to 10st eventually, but that's a long long way away so I'm just gonna take the weeks as they come.

I'm not sure I'll join the gym again but I'll try and get out for a walk with Ellie in the pram everyday and go swimming with her too.

I'd like to lose 2st by the time we go to Majorca at the beginning of September. Then another 2 st by Christmas.

I don't think I'm going to give myself a deadline.

YAY Welcome my lovely!! You will so do it. Your short term goals are like mine, are you going on a diet as well? I signed up for Online Weight Watchers yesterday. :) x

Just now i weigh 10stone11 i want to lose 1stone 11 (25lbs) and then see what i look/feel like

just now i couldnt face a gym lol i feel awkward in them im a wii fit fan but atm its down at my mums so ill need to see if i can bargain with my little brother to give me it for a month or something n get hulla hooping that and LONG walks with Ollie's pram (and him of course lol) quite good as it all uphill here

i'm just taking it a week at a time so i'd say about 2lbs a week...i want to have the whole 25lbs off by september time incase we do go on holiday

September but then ill see how i look and feel about myself n see if i need to lose more tho 9 stone should be ok i'd think xx

i done weight watchers a few years ago and it really worked for me..tho then i met DH and you know what its like at the begining of a relationship always out eating and stuff so i put most of it back on n then got pregnant but i'll follow that diet without going to the class as i've got the books and stuff (again at my mums so this week i'm only eating what i know is ok all weightwatchers things thats got the points on) and atm i cant afford a £5 to tell me how fat i am lol xxx

ooooooooooo we should have a little sign thing for our siggies lol i like them

Hi girls! :wave:

I wouldn't have a clue how much I weigh now, nor how much I'd like to (although have a feeling it should be somewhere around 65kg?)

I am hoping to start running. I've never tried it before, but am going to work on the training advice given here.
I do have a treadmill and rowing machine at home, so will use them too.

I want to get down to a size 14 by the end of the year. Pre-pregnancy I was a large 16 - 18. Maybe I've not set myself enough of a challenge, but I've never actually dieted before so this is all new to me.
My main goal is to get nice and fit so I can keep up with two kids!

I don't know how much weight I want to lose. I've got my size 14 deadline, but that's about it. I'm just hoping I'll learn new eating habits, and get nice and fit.

I'm going to need help along the way - as I said, I've never been on a diet before, so am a total newbie!

2 stone - a stone and a half would do, but in an ideal world 2 stone would be great.

Walking everywhere, especially now it's summer. Taking LO for strolls in the pram every evening, and if I get time, taking up a dance class. I used to be a dancer and very fit, active and slim, would like some of that back.

A stone by July for LO's christening and OH's graduation, and another stone by Christmas. (Maybe a touch more so I can splurge a bit Xmas time lol)

January 2011.

YAY Welcome my lovely!! You will so do it. Your short term goals are like mine, are you going on a diet as well? I signed up for Online Weight Watchers yesterday. :) x

Yup this thread inspired me to sign back up to WW Online. I lost three stones on it before my wedding and it took about 9 months (I lost two stones VERY quickly but then plateaued for months before shifting the last stone - and then I got bored....)

Hi, well I think I'll join this group too. My baby is 6 weeks this Thursday and they say that's the best time to start back with regular exercise - plus the weather is really depressing me, I miss all the clothes I could be wearing but I can't fit into!

At the moment I weigh 11st 1 and I'm a size 14. I was 9st, but I wouldn't mind getting to about 9 1/2 st and around a size 10-12.

Yes! I've got exercise steps at home so I'm planning on using those for about 30 mins a day as a start. My baby's been having trouble with his eating - but once that's sorted I'm planning on joining a gym, probably not for another month or so though.

Short term I think I'd like to lose a full stone with a bit more stamina, long term I'd like to increase my fitness 100% and work to tone my thighs, stomach arms and bum!

Hopefully by the end of August!

You girls are so lucky with the nice weather there. We're just coming into winter and I'm finding it difficult to get outside. I was going on lots of nice walks with Ollie, but the southerlies have hit now and it's just too cold and wet.
I guess this is a bad time to take up running!

You girls are so lucky with the nice weather there. We're just coming into winter and I'm finding it difficult to get outside. I was going on lots of nice walks with Ollie, but the southerlies have hit now and it's just too cold and wet.
I guess this is a bad time to take up running!

Its winter in New Zealand now? I didnt know the climates were different over there. Or maybe I am being thick. :lol:

Welcome Everyone, :hugs:

Girls, I will get a siggie thingy up for us tomorrow.

So I officially start this tomorrow. What have you all got planned? I have to take Abigail to the Health Visitors to get weighed.

I am going to start the day off with Weetabix tomorrow, and I need to do a Weight Watchers shop in. Ill join the gym at some point this week.

Hi girls! :wave:

I wouldn't have a clue how much I weigh now, nor how much I'd like to (although have a feeling it should be somewhere around 65kg?)

I am hoping to start running. I've never tried it before, but am going to work on the training advice given here.
I do have a treadmill and rowing machine at home, so will use them too.

I want to get down to a size 14 by the end of the year. Pre-pregnancy I was a large 16 - 18. Maybe I've not set myself enough of a challenge, but I've never actually dieted before so this is all new to me.
My main goal is to get nice and fit so I can keep up with two kids!

I don't know how much weight I want to lose. I've got my size 14 deadline, but that's about it. I'm just hoping I'll learn new eating habits, and get nice and fit.

I'm going to need help along the way - as I said, I've never been on a diet before, so am a total newbie!

Thanks for the link to that site hun, I have always loved running and its the fastest way to burn fat. If you do that alone the weight will drop off hun x

:flower:Hello :flower:
Im Inge, 19 who has a 6"2 OH who eats like a horse :nope:
That coupled with having the contraceptive injection has made weight control so hard.

I weigh 13stone 12lbs and used to be 9stone. I want to get down to 9st again, as that was when I was most confident

I am using my exercise bike in my bedroom 30-45 mins a day 5-6days a week. I am trying to do 2 1 hr sessions a week in that 5-6 day timescale.
This week ive done 4hrs on my bike in 5 days :happydance:

I want to lose about 1-2stone by September. I am starting college on a Business Diploma and want to look and feel confident.

Hopefully by Xmas :shrug: wishful thinking?

Good luck to everyone and I hope we all achieve our goals :kiss:

Welcome Inge :wave:

I know what you mean about the Depo injection, I put on 3 stone with that once, never again. :wacko:

Welcome Inge :wave:

I know what you mean about the Depo injection, I put on 3 stone with that once, never again. :wacko:

Are you serious? I'm due to get jabbed tomorrow! I'm only doing it once though...

I put on 2 stone in the 1 year I was on it. It just made weightloss and control so hard. Im on Mircogynon now and am hoping I can lose weight easily whilst Im on this pill. Its different for everyone so you never know what effects you will feel :hugs:

It effects people differently Freyasmum, but I was only a size 8 when I had it done and I only had a 3 month supply injection and in that 3 months I put on 3 stone. I know some people who lost there appetite on the depo, but as soon as the injection wore off I lost all my weight again so I know it was the injection. It tells your body your pregnant. which would explain the weight gain I suppse. xx

I'm here! I'm still bleeding quite a bit unfortunately and my scar is hurting a bit....only 4 weeks post section though so in a few weeks I will jump on the wagon! As of now I walk every day into town a mile:) I've lost most of the baby weight but have of loads of tightening up to do! Plus I was a big girl to start with so I think all in all I want to loose oh CRAP! like 50lbs! UGH I hate that hadn't actually added it all up till now! THat is a LOT! Good luck ladies! We can do it!

Heya lovely ladies

A lot!! I currently weigh 16 stone and would like to get to 11 and a half stone. A few years back I got down to 12 and a half stone and I think I looked fab. I am very densley packed as at 16 stone I am only a size 16.

I originally wanted to rejoin a gym, but we just can't afford it. So I am going to go swimming instead in a month or so time. I am still recovering from my c-section and so can't do anything at the moment as it pulls a lot - really gutted as I feel I should be doing something. However we are in the process of moving house and the decorating i've done today has killed me.

I would like to have lost a stone by the time I go to Spain in July and a stone and a half by the time we go in September.

Long term I'd like to be at target by next April but that's pushing it I think

A bit about my fat journey:
I was a skinny child and all my weight went on when I went to Florida when I was 16 - I put on 14lbs in 14 days!!! Dr Pepper is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I then lost 3 stone at Slimming World in 2003 (but was also having a minibreakdown doing my PGCE and didn't have time to eat).

I yo-yo all the time and over the past 6 years have varied between 13 stone and 17 stone 5.

Before I got married in 2008 I did Lipotrim - eat nothing, drink 3 milkshakes a day, run by the local pharmacy. Nothing passed my lips for 8 weeks and I lost 30 pounds!!!! It was great once I got going but mentally very very straining. I then redid it 5 months later and lost 15lbs in 2 weeks. I decided though I couldn't stomach the shakes any more and haven't and won't do it again.

I started pregnancy at 16 stone 6 and only put on 11lbs which I was well chuffed with so after Max was born I weighed less.

I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago. I started at 16stone 2 (15stone 12 on home scales) and lost 4.5 pounds the first week. I then lost the plot and ate and drank loads (white wine and dominos pizza are bad!). I avoided going last week, tut tut and this morning I weighed myself to look at the damage :cry: I now weigh 16 stone on my scales which is about 16 5 on theirs :cry: So I've put on!
As punishment I am eating cereal all week. I don't BF so it won't hurt my LO.
And I can do it! PMA all the way this week :happydance:

Can't wait to follow all your journeys!
xx

Welcome Chele :wave: April next year is a realistic timeframe hun, you can do it.

Dont punish yourself too much hun :hugs:, saying that I am just like this when I have fallen off the wagon which is why I have a track record for being a yo yo dieter too.

Not done too bad today, and have steak and salad for dinner so still under my points for today so far. No cravings as of yet.

Abigail got weighed today she is 10lbs on the dot! :happydance:

How is everyone else today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->