~> April 2010 Yummy Mummy Weight Loss Support Group <~

Well I went to the docs late this afternoon with my lil man. It's about a 20 min walk there and back - the heat made it really unbareable though, by the time I got there I was really beginning to sweat and they had no air conditioning at all! If the doctor had taken any longer I would've had to walk out because it was like a sauna and I was really worried about the effect it was having on the baby.

Apparently the weather's going to cool down quite a lot from tommorow though, but hopefully the past few days have only been a taster of what's to come and the thought of being able to wear a few nice dresses in the near future is keeping me motivated!

Tommorow I'm going to get him weighed and to discuss the difficulties I'm having with breastfeeding (all been a bit of a nightmare really). So that's another short walk guaranteed!

I found out today from my health visitor that I can get WW for free for 12 weeks at a time. It's something the local team do for anyone with a BMI higher than 30. So long as I lose 10% of my body weight in that 12 weeks then I get a further 12 weeks.

So I've cancelled my subscription with WW Online - a good incentive to continue if I get it for free!!

So, enquire with your own local teams and see if it's something you guys can also take advantage of.

Wow mrsraggle not heard of that. My bmi is 36 so I'll def be asking about that!

I've lost 2lbs in 24 hours so feeling happier. Am now 15,11.8 on home scales. Hopefully by my WW weigh in on Friday I'll be back to 15,8 but doubt it!!

YAY well done Chele! :happydance:

Oh and MrsE, the heat IS unbearable isnt it? I know how you feel about the breastfeeding, Ive had to stop due to a load of physical problems it has given me. Dont punish yourself/feel guilty like I did if you decide to stop you have done the best you can :hugs:

MrsRaggle - Thanks for the tip about the Weight Watchers I am going to look into that too.

Im not going to lie, Im not doing much today apart from lazing around the flat with my OH and Abigail and a big bottle of water. I will get down the gym at some point..:haha:

The whole breastfeeding thing has not been how I imagined it to me, I really am close to giving up now :nope:...but am trying hard not to feel so bad about it. Posted something in the BF section though so hopefully some of the ladies can give me some advice so we'll see how it goes.

I really want to get down to the gym soon too. There's somewhere near me that does postnatal exercise classes so I'm thinking about getting down to that when I can. After 9 months of being a lazy pregnant woman I need some serious toning, my mum's actually my inspiration at nearly 50 she has a body to rival Madonna's!

My jeans have been feeling looser recently though but when I weighed myself I'm the same. Hmm, wishful thinking maybe!

I weighed myself today and another 3lbs gone. I'm not sure what I'm doing at the moment because I'm not doing anything specific - I think I'm just eating less maybe with fussing around after Ellie.

So in total since I was pregnant I've lost 32lbs! And I'm 8lbs lighter than pre-preg.

I weighed myself today and another 3lbs gone. I'm not sure what I'm doing at the moment because I'm not doing anything specific - I think I'm just eating less maybe with fussing around after Ellie.

So in total since I was pregnant I've lost 32lbs! And I'm 8lbs lighter than pre-preg.

:wohoo: congrats hun that's great

Well I had my WW weigh in today and I totally forgot to ask. :dohh:

But I put on 1lb. Am actually really chuffed with that as it means I've lost weight this week, but bad because of all the crap I ate to put all the weight back on to make me the 1lb heavier. So back on it now!

Well done MrsRaggle & Chele dont worry too much about weight gain. Its only a 1lb and it could be just the time of the day e.t.c. When I used to be obsessed with weighing, I would weigh three times a day. I was heaviest at night, medium heavy at lunch and lightest in the morning..:haha:

I have been so busy this week, I havent really had the chance to check in on this thread.

I have lost 3lbs though, how I dont know!! I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times this week, eating chocolate and crisps. Oops. :wacko:

I fully intend to really go for it next week, starting Monday though, and I still havent joined the gym. :dohh: I am juggling so much at the moment, studying at home ( Hoping to go to uni next year ) Abigail gets more demanding as the days go on, and I volunteer for Samaritans and in July, I am starting training to become a Doula..

And Breathe........Yikes I feel really exhausted all of a sudden.

How are all of you ladies?

Hi everyone, I haven't managed to lose any weight at all :cry:

I have been eating really well, but I think it's probably the vast amounts of sugar I consume through drinks etc. so maybe if I cut that out I'll be back on my way this time next week, think its gonna be tougher than I thought to shift.

Hiya Girlies,

Rachel and Monique I know you two pretty well even if it is just via facebook, and I neeeeeeeeeed support in losing the weight. I was determined and did really well a week post partum but now Im just eating like a trucker and not doing well ata ll...Im BF so am hungry allll the time! I was once 21.5 stone and lost 7.5stone in 3 years, so I know I can do it!

How much weight do you want to lose?

Well, Ive always weighed a lot, infact I was 14 stone pre preg but a size 14. Im nearly 6ft and carried it well, and would be over the moon to get back to this. I put on just over 5 stone whilst pregnant, gross I know, but have managed to shift 2 so far (i thought it was 3 but my scales were wrong! doh!) This is just from having baby and breastfeeding as ive eaten shit!

Will you be doing any excercise & if so what kind?
Once my c section scar has healed more and doesnt pull I will be excersising, but im not joining a gym as i hate them. I do lot of walking and have got rid of my car. I will also be taking up swimming.

What are your short term goals & long term goals?
Im not going to be too ambitious, but id like to lose a stone by my birthday on Aug 9th, and another by the time I go back to work in October.

When do you want to lose the total weight by?
Ideally by this time next yearId like to be back in my size 14 jeans!

I justcant stop eating! lol and my OH is a gannet and I jump on his piggy bandwagon!

I really want/need to lose the weight and have found that healthy eating and excersise works best for me than any weightloss programme like WW etc, as I say Ive done it before so know I can do it, its just getting started and staying motivated which is hard!

Look forward to sharing the journey with you ladies xx

Well done ER i LOVE this thread :flower:

How much weight do you want to lose?

Ahhh, pre pregnancy i was 98lb and a size 6/8 and now im 115lb and can fit in SOME of my jeans but not my nice ones. Im still wearing some of my maternity jeans :dohh:
Id like to lose 17lb

Will you be doing any excercise & if so what kind?

Wii fit :happydance:
Also i have some dumbel weights of DH's that i will use and my exercise ball and walking :thumbup:

What are your short term goals & long term goals?

Id like to lose my 'mummy tummy' and would like to maintain my total weight loss

When do you want to lose the total weight by?
Hmmm not too sure just gradually i guess

xx

Hi everyone, I haven't managed to lose any weight at all :cry:

I have been eating really well, but I think it's probably the vast amounts of sugar I consume through drinks etc. so maybe if I cut that out I'll be back on my way this time next week, think its gonna be tougher than I thought to shift.

drinks are the enemy. As in my first post in this section, I put on 14lbs in 14 days when I went to Florida when I was 16 because I drank sugary drinks all day and all the free refills didn't help. I only drink diet or sugar free drinks at home

Hi my lovely ladies,

Welcome Bee & Miss Bump! :wave: And Bee, we were the same size pre-pregnancy and your birthday is in August like me!! We need to get on it girl!! :hugs:

And as for mummy tummy......arrrrrrrrrrrgh. Mine is so bad..!!! Oh and guess what I still havent joined the gym..:dohh: I have been so busy with home study lately, and looking after Abigail I havent had a chance to breathe. I have told Matthew to drag me there on Friday to join if it is the last thing I do..I have also been drinking Stellas..since the weather has been nice and fried chicken :nope: So I have been off the wagon a week!! :wacko:

I am a sucker for a sugary drink too! 7UP, Sprite, Tango you name it, I am there! :haha:

Come on Ladies, we can do it!! We need to set ourselves some small goals now that we have our plan.

EternalRose xx

Ok, well tomorrow I am starting the Master Cleanse Detox....

Tomorrow I will not eat any more biscuits!!! xx

I gained 2lb this week so my luck has run out!! However, I did a 2/3 mile walk on Friday and Sunday and a 2 mile walk today so I'm hoping that exercise will start to help soon.

Oh god the stresses of moving have driven me to pizza. Don't even want to go on the scales. Couldn't get to WW Friday and can't this Friday as its moving day, but the fridge is now full of WW meals so when all our pots and pans are packed I can still try and be good

I had the health support worker (not sure what her title is) come around this morning to evaluate my lifestyle and give me some hints and tips for weightloss. Tbh, the hints and tips were not news to me - I know what I need to do to lose weight! BUT, she weighed me and measured me (lighter and lower BMI than pre-preg still :)) and will come back to my home every fortnight to weigh (if I want her too) and review my food diaries and see where improvements can be made.

She was very supportive. She was an above average sized lady herself so I didn't feel judged or pressurised. And I know if I had a bad week I wouldn't dread her coming!

I think it's just good to have someone external there for support and encouragement and to make me think twice about eating those cookies! My target for the next fortnight is to up my fruit and veg intake (it's already pretty good and I have probably 4 of my 5 a day per day but going to try and get 5/5 without fail for the next fortnight).

She's also available anytime by phone, text or email which is also good.

I must admit I've been quite impressed by my local NHS team. My community midwife was fantastic, the HV was nice, the aquanatal and support worker have also been non-judgemental and supportive. And considering this is all FREE on the NHS I'm quite happy to continue paying my taxes!

How are you ladies getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->