~> April 2010 Yummy Mummy Weight Loss Support Group <~

Hey ladies how's everyone getting on?

I tried and gave up with the weight loss, got down to 10st 10, and then back up to 11st 1. Breastfeeding seems to be playing havoc with my fluid retention etc. so I'm gonna try hard to just concentrate on exactly what I'm eating (basically counting calories) and try to split it into three small meals a day with no snacks!

So large breakfast, medium dinner, small tea and exercise wherever possible.
The last time I tried this I managed to shift all my excess weight in a reasonable time, although I must say my son was two and not a newborn! I feel like I barely get enough sleep nowadays and when I get up I'm in no mood to have a decent breakfast or do any exercise BUT I will not give up! :happydance:

i caaaaaaaaaaaaaaant stooooooooooop eeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaating
somebody help me :cry:

WOW, I completely forgot about this thread. Ooops. :blush:

Well, I am doing really well with the weight loss, I am currently on the Master Cleanse. Day 9 today...

In the last 3 weeks or so, I have probably lost over a stone.

How is everyone else doing?

How much weight do you want to lose?

I ate like a pig when pregnant so gained almost four stone. :shock: I am so glad I didn't weigh myself during pregnancy and only found out when midwife weighed me at 39 weeks pregnant. I lost 2 stone in the first 6 weeks of giving birth and have now lost a bit more though haven't started dieting yet. I want to lose another two stone so that I will be back to 9st 7lb or just under that like I was before having Oliver.

Will you be doing any excercise & if so what kind?

Swimming. I loved it and was still going 3 times a week until I was 38.5 weeks. Will be starting back doing it again from July 1st.

Walking. I am out walking most days with my son in his pram though perhaps I should walk a bit quicker and it will have more effect. :lol:

I also hope to be able to go running once or twice a week but am thinking I will not begin running again until I have finished breastfeeding as my boobs are enormous at the moment!

What are your short term goals & long term goals?

To easily fit into my pre pregnancy clothes again and to shift the remaining 2 stone of my 4 stone weight gain by the time Oliver is one (so 9 months on 9 months off). I also don't want my son's first memories of me to be me struggling to run after him.

When do you want to lose the total weight by?

By April 2011 as I took 9 months to gain the weight so will give myself 9 months to get off again.

What diets are you all doing?

I am thinking I'd like to do Slimming World as I am breastfeeding so don't want to be restricted on the amount of food I can eat, but unlike now at least the food I would eat on SW would all be healthy.

Welcome Muddles, you can so do it!! :wave:

So, since giving birth 10 weeks ago I have lost nearly 3 stone. I have been on the master cleanse for 3 weeks of that on and off.

I will be starting a new detox tomorrow going for 60 days. If anyone wants to know more about the Master Cleanse, and its benefits let me know.. I am more than happy to spread the love..:lol:

How is everyone else getting on x x

Eternalrose that is fantastic. I have 3 or 4 stone to lose and would love ti know about this detox :)

Well its commonly known as the Beyonce Detox...as she did it before she did her movie but it was by a man called Stanley Burroughs who came up with it. Ive got the book, but I managed to find a pdf document of the whole book. Its here... https://healthandlight.com/mastercleanse.htm The book is only 30 pages long so it shouldnt take long to read. Basically you dont eat the whole time your on the detox, and your probably thinking " Well no wonder you lost all that weight " but there are a lot of health benefits and I never feel hungry on this detox. If you commence a healthy diet afterwards you will not just 'put all the weight back on'. You lose minimum 1lb a day. I will say though, this detox is not for the faint hearted, as you have to mentally prepare yourself for the fact you will not be eating a thing. I have started and re-started so many times but I have finally got the hang of it. I start my detox again tomorrow, and I am going for 60 days. The longest I have done is 21 days and I didnt eat a single thing and I had so much energy, and I didnt feel hungry past day 3. The reason I wanted to do it, is because I wanted to break my addiction with food..i.e comfort eating e.t.c and I can honestly say its the best thing I have ever done. Just for some more inspiration, there are loads of people on youtube doing it. The main one that sticks in mind for me is this lady....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5S2lAp-sIk&feature=related

Now check out her day 40............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYLY7GLU-hY&feature=related

Hi guys, can I join???

I need to lose at least 3 stone...:blush: gained rather a lot in my pregnancy and still weigh more than what I did pre-pregnancy, and am in a dress size larger. I am too embarrassed to type my vital statistics mind you! :rofl:

To help us get to know what path we are all on...

I am going to try and do a lot of walking. I really enjoy going for long walks and now I can take my baby in her buggy with me! She needs fresh air so I have a perfect excuse to get out there and get on with it!

I would like to lose at least 1 1/2 stone by my 29th birthday which is in September. I want to be in a size 12 dress size a year after my daughter's birth, next May.

Next May!

Well done to you all that have lost weight. :)

Eternalrose - well done for getting through your detox, but for me i dont think thats the right way to do it. Detox to me is thing you do for a week max, to clean your body out.

Im lame and am stil a fatty fatty wobble bum. Im blaming the breastfeeding. It makes me RAVENOUS. However, I have come to visit my auntie who as soon as she saw me said "youve lost so much weight" - im just less of a fatty than i was before. Still massive tho! x
Im going to have a go on that detox Mon, when im not nursing anymore x

Ive just read the online instructions etc - hes a bit of a crackpot isnt he - but hell, if it works im game!!! Yeah BOI!! LOL xxxx

Ive just read the online instructions etc - hes a bit of a crackpot isnt he - but hell, if it works im game!!! Yeah BOI!! LOL xxxx

I just googled his ass...Im glad I didnt read that before I started ..:haha: But it sure as hell works!! Yeah BOI SISTA!! xxxx

:wave:

Hello, can I join, I really need to sort myself out!

2-3 stone. I currently weigh 12st 13lbs and want to get to 11 stone.

My BMI is 28.3 (according to NHS website) and it should be between 18.5&#8211;24.9.

I walk 15 mins to the bus each day, then 20 mins from my LO's nursery to work. Then another 20-30 mins from LO's nursery to bus station to get home and another 15-20 min walk up-hill home. That's it at the moment.

I have gotten to the botton end of 12 stone before but that's it, so my aim is to get to 11 now.

Longer term get to 10 stone as that seems to be the recommended weight for my height (5ft 9inch).

I'd like to loose half a stone by my birthday which is on the 28th! Any more a bonus but I just don't want to fail anymore.

I just want to work until my ideal weight and keep it off, hoping for sure to be at it for next summer!

How did I miss this, Welcome Kte!!

So how is everyone getting on, this thread is moving sooooooooo slow..:haha:

I'm losing weight very very slowly and without a concentrated effort so I'm quite pleased! Still weigh less than I did pre-preg :)

:wave:

I'm just stuck at the same weight at the mo, which is better than nothing. Planning on doing more walking at lunch times, see if that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->