**April Bunnies 2015**

Christina I get a similar kind if pain. I actually got it last week during my US so the doctor went to take a look and showed me it was a knee!
Also you'll probably find its baby's butt that is lodged in your ribs. He/she should be too big now to have legs out straight anymore.
I'm not finding the area under my ribs getting more sensitive every day. Some days I want to cry it's so sore. I think right now that is my number one reason for wanting him go head down now!!

Maggz anchors sounds cute! And nice that you've been able to get so many things! Sorry about the fever.

To those who asked, yes my dh was open to things I said. He understood where I was coming from and had a few suggestions too. Now it's trying to do all these things with a new baby!

Bean I had that problem last pregnancy with the ribs. There was literally no relief till dd dropped and even then it didn't go away completely. I'm glad your dh was open to things.

Umm that makes it sound even more painful- a butt under my ribs. lol. I guess that makes sense. Whatever it is it hurts!

Perplexed- Its something like that. Sometimes it's more intense than others. And it is only on my left side. I've never felt it on my right before.

Just so uncomfortable. I tossed and turned all night again bc I couldn't get comfortable. =[

Scottish- That sounds sound like your baby may have dropped. How exciting! Happy 35 weeks!

Eidson- Yes, I had real contractions about 10 minutes apart the other night while I was watching TV. They stopped, though. I also have a random real contraction here and there. I think it's all still just the body's preparation process pushing baby downward to get ready for real deal.
Since your wife is due on the same day as I am, she probably has an appointment this week also. I have mine today and I'm definitely going to bring up my real contractions as they can cause you to be effaced or dilated and I want to know if I am either of those.

Bean- That makes me so happy to hear that things are moving in a positive direction with your husband and that he's receptive!

Maggz- Yes, this baby is extremely active! I can't even believe it. She is so active that I start to get suspicious when she's not moving. But, at the same time, my son may have been active and I just didn't feel it. I was a whole 35 lbs heavier at the end of my last pregnancy. It's hard to believe I gained that much weight. I'm tempted to share a comparison photo from my last pregnancy to this one.
The only issue is that I put my camera on a timer with that pregnancy and the pictures are at a completely different angle. But I really was WAY bigger then.

Northern- How did your induction attempts go yesterday? ;)

I started having heartburn again last night. Now, I'm starting to have to figure out this whole night time eating thing. Because I'm pretty sure a major culprit of my heartburn has been me eating before bed. Oh how fun the last month is! lol

Perplexed yes I drank rlt 3 times a day when pregnant with ds and I believe it is what helped my labour be so quick and intense Because my contractions got very strong quickly!
I do think baby has dropped my back is not as sore and he feels low down!

I just finished my last shift at work yippee! Maternity starts tomorrow! :D

Rebecca, didn't work! Hah! Onwards!

I'm waiting for an ultrasound now and I get a sweep tomorrow.

We had our appointment on Friday and they didn't even check if she was effaced or dilated. We told the dr that she had contractions the night before and she said "okay" lol. Military Drs apparently don't check your cervix until you're 40 weeks, unless you're actively in labor. I think it's just the military hospital we've just been going to so we're going to the other one (where she's delivering) next appointment. Our next appointment isn't until next week, right at 37 weeks. I temember specifically I got my membranes swept at 37 weeks because my water broke exactly a week later lol. Military doesn't do that, which sucks. I kinda hate how limited we are.

My dr isn't going to check me for dilation/effacement or do any sweeps till my 39 week appointment. She said normally she would do it at 38 weeks but since I delivered my daughter at 41 weeks she won't till 39. When she said that I kind of gave up hope that my son would arrive anytime before the 21st or 22nd of April. Even though if I do go into labor by myself, I don't think it'll be with the help of a sweep! Not too sure they did anything last time.

I suddenly had a flashback of being at the hospital last time the night before they broke my waters and felt like my heart was racing. I am both anxious and excited, I think.

Scottish: I'm glad to hear that RLT helped you. Were you induced with your ds or did you go into labor by yourself?

We had our appointment on Friday and they didn't even check if she was effaced or dilated. We told the dr that she had contractions the night before and she said "okay" lol. Military Drs apparently don't check your cervix until you're 40 weeks, unless you're actively in labor. I think it's just the military hospital we've just been going to so we're going to the other one (where she's delivering) next appointment. Our next appointment isn't until next week, right at 37 weeks. I temember specifically I got my membranes swept at 37 weeks because my water broke exactly a week later lol. Military doesn't do that, which sucks. I kinda hate how limited we are.

Are you all being seen in family medicine or in the OB/GYN clinic? I have noticed a difference between my two pregnancies and where I've been seen. I was seen in family medicine with my son, and my doctor was great. She checked me at 36 weeks with him and I was 3 cm dilated then. Granted, I walked around for 3 weeks like that, but she was very accommodating.
This time, I didn't have a choice. I had to be seen in the OB/GYN clinic because when we first got here, we didn't know how long we would be here. I find them to be much less understanding or concerned about anything. I opted for the hospital midwife team to see me, but the whole attitude (among all their staff) is just not as accommodating. They tend to like to call all of the shots I feel.

Rebecca-we didn't have the option to see family medicine. We're at the OB-GYN. Where we have been going isn't where she's actually delivering simply because it's closer than the army hospital, but we sacrificed a little better care for convenience...kinda sucks but it is what it is.

In the UK they don't do any cervix checks until 40 weeks or sweeps unless there are medical reasons before then - so it is quite normal here.

I haven't had any 'real' contractions but my BHs are painful some nights this time and last a long time. Nothing like with my eldest child where I was hardly aware of them.

I have not had any real contractions

I do think I've had BH contractions. Where everything goes tight (usually 30-60seconds). It's usually if I have a full bladder that it happens. Then again, I don't know if it is BH contractions or not. I feel clueless lol :shrug:

Christina that'll be a BH, a full bladder is a common trigger for them.

Welcome Katemax! So sorry about your little boy you must be heartbroken 😞. The ladies on this thread are great and we all support each other so welcome once again.

Bean - I am glad you are managing to sort something out with your OH. I do hope he sorts his head out before little man arrives!

Amelie and Christina - I have been getting BH this time a lot more than with DS. My belly goes as tight as a drum and then releases and yes Christina it is normally when I need a wee! (which is a lot lol)

Eidson - they didn't offer me a sweep until I was 40 weeks with DS which I think is normal in the UK. They like to leave us as long as possible over here.

I'm sure this baby is more active than DS was. I don't know if that is good or bad though as DS is a v.chilled out little boy (although the terrible twos are rearing their ugly head lol). I seem to get more kicks in the ribs and rolls with this one. At the moment I have got one of the cats on me and the baby is going nuts. Rolling around all over the place in sure it like the sound of the cat purring 😺 x

Welcome Katemax! So sorry about your little boy you must be heartbroken 😞. The ladies on this thread are great and we all support each other so welcome once again.

thank you! it will be nice to have somewhere to chat xx

It is hard losing Max.. we miss him everyday but we try to be as happy and positive as possible as he would want that for us xx

Wow, I'm so sorry Kate! You're more than welcome here! How has your pregnancy been?

It happens more and more now. I drink so much water that I'm surprised I'm not living in the bathroom. Ha! There are times it can happen 3-4x a day. Though the only time it's painful is when I'm trying to walk and it happens.

Anyone get BH when they pee? I get contractions EVERY. TIME. I pee. :blush:

Anyone get BH when they pee? I get contractions EVERY. TIME. I pee. :blush:

I had them every time that I HAD to pee today, which was wayyy more than normal for some reason. But I have read multiple times that having a full bladder can trigger braxton hicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->