• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

I finally heard back from the Dr!!! They said my levels rose perfectly and doubled just like they should have in the 48 hours. They had to leave me a vm because I was at work so I don't know the exact numbers but the voicemail said all is perfect and that they will see me on the 15th for my ultrasound. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Yea!!!!! I'm so happy to hear such great news!! :happydance:

I finally heard back from the Dr!!! They said my levels rose perfectly and doubled just like they should have in the 48 hours. They had to leave me a vm because I was at work so I don't know the exact numbers but the voicemail said all is perfect and that they will see me on the 15th for my ultrasound. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

fantastic!!!

momofone - that's GREAT news!! I'm so happy you'll be able to stop worrying now and enjoy the rest of the ride :thumbup:

switching gears - I hate to complain but I'm so sick of constantly feeling sick! This is my first so I had no idea how my body would react. I have, like many others, a constant and dull stomach ache. Luckily it's no where near wanting to throw up, but it's really tiring to feel like this day in and day out. Does anyone know if antacids or some other stomach soothing med would help alleviate discomfort?

That's brilliant news, congratulations :)

momofone - that's GREAT news!! I'm so happy you'll be able to stop worrying now and enjoy the rest of the ride :thumbup:

switching gears - I hate to complain but I'm so sick of constantly feeling sick! This is my first so I had no idea how my body would react. I have, like many others, a constant and dull stomach ache. Luckily it's no where near wanting to throw up, but it's really tiring to feel like this day in and day out. Does anyone know if antacids or some other stomach soothing med would help alleviate discomfort?[.QUOTE]
sorry you are feeling rubbish :( it does get tiring and could last a long time still (sorry!). I would say though they are ok to take its unlikely gaviscon etc will help. There are a few common remedies people suggest you probably read them already but here are a few: ginger (biscuits, tea), travel sickness bands, grazing so you don't get hungry, tiny meals. I personally was only interested in chocolate milk for a large part of first tri last time, we will see this time! X x

Monofone that's great news

Sun not sure bout meds but ginger is sposed to help with nausea.

One more question for the experienced moms here!

I won't have my first appointment until Sept. 4th so I won't have an answer until then.

In regard to my due date, I've been doing various calculators but I've been going by two different dates for the first date of my last menstrual cycle.

TMI.. one of the dates I've been going by, I had my period lightly. The other date I was going by I had my period more moderately (medium, according to my app) so which date should I be going by? I've been tracking baby's growth and I want to make sure I'm being as accurate as possible!

sunenihs- lemon and ginger are great ways to curb the nausea. Have a lemon tea or a ginger candy. Plain white rice is starchy and helps keep things down. I would go by the first day of bleeding. Will they do a dating scan in september?

sunenihs- lemon and ginger are great ways to curb the nausea. Have a lemon tea or a ginger candy. Plain white rice is starchy and helps keep things down. I would go by the first day of bleeding. Will they do a dating scan in september?

Thanks for the food tips! I hope they do, but I'm not sure since I've never been to a prenatal appointment before :) I can't imagine they wouldn't though.

You probably won't get a proper answer to your date until your first scan (even then you may not be totally sure!)

Great news on the numbersomofone!

I find small regular meals/snacks help my nausea and force yourself to eat even if the thought is nasty (if your hating the idea of food go with dry not strongly flavoured food) also don't forget to drink plenty keep hydrated.

Isn't it odd to think there are people due in april who don't know they are pregnant yet?

momofone: YAY!!! So happy for you.

littlemoomin: Are you British? I'm totally going to incorporate brilliant and rubbish into my everyday vernacular. It will go nicely with my Southern accent. :) I did just use "bloody brilliant" in a sentence to test it out and my son looked at me and said "This isn't Harry Potter, Momma". :)

I have really eaten a lot today. :/

littlemoomin: Are you British? I'm totally going to incorporate brilliant and rubbish into my everyday vernacular. It will go nicely with my Southern accent. :) I did just use "bloody brilliant" in a sentence to test it out and my son looked at me and said "This isn't Harry Potter, Momma". :)

You just made me crack up about the Harry Potter thing. :haha: My husband laughs at me because since this site I have incorporated many words and I don't even realize it.

Haha yes! I am English, though after 22 or so years i guess Im classed as Scottish now :) i went to university with a lot of Americans, so i can clearly hear the bizarreness that is the accent/dialect conundrum! Its time we brits started spreading our wonderful words around a bit more ;)

Ohh and as for eating!! My appetite has been out.of.control this past week, awful. It is starting to year men now though which Im classing as 100% good news.

I had 2 very lovely bnp's yesterday and think I'm due around the 8th April.

Congrats everyone xxxxxxxxxx

Welcome new mums to be H&H 9 months to u all.

Afm. Got gp at 10.30 tomorrow and have also booked private 7wk scan for sat 17th aug. today no real aches or pains but nausea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->