~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

I'm officially overdue as of today & zero sign of labour coming anytime soon :( Got a MW appointment & sweep tomorrow so hoping for good dilation/effacement news as that'll be my first internal.

Maybe I should update.
Baby Kathryn 'Kitty' Hollie arrived 19th March 2weeks 1 day early. After a spell in special care she is fine and 5 weeks old today :-/

My induction starts in an hour and a half. I've been having lots of contractions from the p-gel they used the last two days so hopefully that means he's ready to come out and things go smoothly. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

sazzler, how sis your appt go?

hann, congrats! 5 weeks already? So jealous!

Glasspeony, thinking of you and your induction. Good luck! I can't wait to see pics!

Good luck, Glass. Hope everything goes smoothly :) Waiting for news!

wa, my appointment is tomorrow afternoon but will update afterwards. I can't actually believe you're still hanging on! :dohh: I'm surprised that baby hasn't dropped out of your massively dilated cervix yet! :haha:

congrats hann! happy to hear that baby is doing well!

good luck glasspeony!! cant wait to hear your good news!

sazzle- i hope you have some progression at your appointment and that your LO makes their appearance soon!

wamommy- hoping that baby comes soon for you!!

AFM, feeling so much more refreshed today! Charles had a 36 hour cluster feed- every hour for 15-60 minutes. and then sleep caught up with him and over 12 hours, we slept 9! He's been clustering a bit again today but not as bad so far. amazing what just a little sleep can do!

Welp I've been hooked up to pit since 7:30.. I'm at 60 ml/hr and having contractions every 2 minutes but they are very manageable like a 2 or 3. Dr will be checking me soon, hopefully my cervix is no longer posterior and I'm dilated enough for them to break my water!

Sending lots of good thoughts to glass and looking forward to an update when she has time!

Not good news from my appointment today :cry: I'm hardly dilated & still posterior :( Clearly I'm not going into labour anytime soon :cry: Looks like a May baby for me :( The only positive was that my cervix is less than 2cm long & very soft so when things do eventually start, they should be quick. I can feel my home birth slipping away as I head towards induction at 40+13 :cry:

Not good news from my appointment today :cry: I'm hardly dilated & still posterior :( Clearly I'm not going into labour anytime soon :cry: Looks like a May baby for me :( The only positive was that my cervix is less than 2cm long & very soft so when things do eventually start, they should be quick. I can feel my home birth slipping away as I head towards induction at 40+13 :cry:

I am so sorry to hear that! I will be thinking of you and crossing everything that your LO decides to make an appearance before induction! :hugs::hugs:

Oh dang it, sazzler!!!! I'm so sorry. :( Hopefully your LO will surprise you and make an appearance before then! What a stubborn LO!! :hugs:

Congrats Hann!!

Eagerly awaiting news from Glass...

SazzleR--dilation and effacement progressed for me very quickly so it might not matter too much where you start.

Hey girls, don't post much but read along. Thought I'd update you all. At 40+3 I had my OB appointment where he offered to let me either keep waiting for natural labour to start so I could attempt my VBAC or to book in for a planned c-section at 40+5 as he was going to be away all weekend over Easter. After a conversation with Ryan and a particularly uncomfortable night with hips, pelvis and leg pain I decided to book in for a c-section. It was a difficult choice but ultimately one I feel was the best.

So we were asked to come in at 4pm on the Thursday. So weird to walk into a hospital knowing your having a baby in a few hours but not actually in labour! We were supposed to head down at 6pm but they were running late and it was more likely we would be going in about 8pm. So we went down the coffee shop to pass some time. Then I got a call to ask me back up to the ward for bloods and monitoring etc. they told me to make sure I had my gown on at 7pm so I was ready when they were ready for me. At about 6.30pm they came in and said they are ready for you now so I needed to quickly strip off and pop on the gown and head down stairs! It was so quick and I was so nervous! I had to walk down stairs and wait in the waiting room while a few different people came to ask questions and got me to sign form etc. then they called me in for my spinal. DH decided to wait outside for it to be completed. It was so weird having all this done when not actually in labour!! Suddenly DH came in and the curtain went up and I could feel them rubbing my belly etc. I started freaking out because I could still feel stuff so I asked if that was normal, the anethatist (sp?) said well can you feel him making an insistion right now, I said no, he said well it's working then!!

The fact I was not out of it from laboring like I was with DS1 meant I remember most of it! Them suctioning the fluid out was so weird!! Not long after they were holding up our little man over the curtain for us to see! He looked so much like his big brother minus the cone head! I was so amazed! I had been stressed out the whole pregnancy worrying I might not feel the same love for this baby as I did for my DS1. Well I certainly shouldn't have worried because it was instant! I couldn't believe how much love I felt for him! Just amazing! They took him over to the table to get him going and clean him up. DH cut the cord (shorter as it had obviously already been cut). They wrapped him up and placed him on my chest to cuddle while they finished everything with me.

They wheeled us into recovery where we tried our first feed, it was not successful but I wasn't worried. I knew I could get him on once I could actually move to be able to position us both properly.

After recovery we were taken back to our room and DS1 was brought in to be the first one to meet his baby brother!! He was a bit stroppy as it was obviously late! Then all our family came into meet baby.

He was born 17.4.14 at 7.14pm, weighed 7lb 8oz or 3.4kgs and was 49.5cm long!

Had my guy by c section at 7:43 pm today. He is a whopping 9 lb, 10 oz and 21 inches long!! I will write about his birth and post pics soon!

Congratulations wouldluvabub and glass!! And good luck to imaginary for this weekend!

So my MW clearly did a very good job at the sweep yesterday. I'm sat typing this on my phone with the new addition to our family in my arms :cloud9: Leo Christopher was born at home at 11.35pm after a 3 hour labour.

Shocked is not the word after yesterday's news at my check up!! I started leaking fluid at 4.30 yesterday & ended up going to the hospital for 8.30 for them to check if it was my waters after what I'd been told at the check up and I didn't have any pains at that point. It was my waters & the pains started 5 mins apart while at the hospital. They let me come home to have my home birth, thinking I'd be hours & hours due to not being dilated at all that afternoon. They were wrong!

The MW only just made it 25 mins before he entered the world. Unfortunately the second midwife who brings the gas & air didn't make it so it was totally natural. Ouch is not the word!! :wacko: Only had a 5 min second stage too :)

Congrats to you ladies, wouldluvabub & Glass :D

Good luck imaginary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back