~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Yes I'm defo team yellow.. I was first time round but the doctor just blurted out "you know your having a boy" I was floored cause I couldn't unknow it, then I'd to keep it to myself for 9 weeks praying I wouldn't slip and let spill it was awful.. This time I want the surprise I want to see how hubby felt when DS was born

Oh my gosh, snowywarren, that's awful of the doctor! I hope you complained! I would have!

:hugs: to those who are suffering with MS.

:wave: to the new BFPs.

I read that having sciatic nerve pain is one of those pesky side effects of pregnancy. Wouldn't you know it, I'm already starting to feel it just a little in my lower left side, just between my hip and butt area. It's not to the point where it shoots down my leg, I'm hoping it won't get to that point, but I can feel it every so often.

I read it's most common in the 2nd and 3rd trimester, but I'm only 8 weeks along!

Anyone experience this in previous pregnancies, or heard of it this early? My first appointment is in 2 weeks from today, so I will have to wait until then to ask.

The April Flowers group is getting so big, it's so exciting!! Congrats to everyone!! :dance:

I wondered what team yellow meant as well. If yellow means you're not finding out does green mean you are? If that's the case I am team green all the way. I am such an impatient person as it so I can't imagine waiting any longer than I absolutely have to to find out. Also, I like being prepared so knowing the sex ahead of time will help me out. I'm ok with gender neutral stuff to a point, but if I end up with a girl I know I'll want to buy all sorts of cute girly stuff. I'd be happy with a boy, but I'm definitely leaning girl.

I read that having sciatic nerve pain is one of those pesky side effects of pregnancy. Wouldn't you know it, I'm already starting to feel it just a little in my lower left side, just between my hip and butt area. It's not to the point where it shoots down my leg, I'm hoping it won't get to that point, but I can feel it every so often.

I read it's most common in the 2nd and 3rd trimester, but I'm only 8 weeks along!

Anyone experience this in previous pregnancies, or heard of it this early? My first appointment is in 2 weeks from today, so I will have to wait until then to ask.

The April Flowers group is getting so big, it's so exciting!! Congrats to everyone!! :dance:

I get sciatic nerve pain as it is but I've gotten it more frequently since finding out I'm pregnant. I'm a bit nervous and plan to bring it up at my first appt at 8 weeks, 4 days.

Worst case scenario, I need to scale back or leave my job (I work on my feet) but my work is more for my sanity than any actual needed income for our family.. so yeah.

Hahaha I am going to find out too...I want to decorate the nursery hahaha!!! But props to all you ladies who hold out, I couldn't do it!! Tomorrow is my ultrasound!!! So excited/nervous!! Last time I went for my ultrasound they found it was ectopic so I am soooo hoping tomorrow when I go there is a baby in there and his/her heart is beating!!!

We will find out too! Our hospital is the opposite...not only do they refuse to tell you the gender, they refuse to give you a potty shot to have a look for yourself! We paid £99 for a gender scan with DS, and the same place now offers a quick gender scan for £39, so looking forward to that! Just can't wait to get 12 week scan out of the way!

Sunenihs- I am starting to have awful sciatic nerve pain too.. It sucks!!

And ladies I'm so excited to get to know all of you on our journeys, I am so happy to finally be here! And stillll can't wait for my scan.. The countdown has begun, I've got 19 days to go until I can see what's going on in there!!!

I was strongly team yellow, but when I brought it up with DH he immediately said he would want to know. Knowing will help him to feel more connected to the baby because it will help him to imagine a real person in there. So we will be team green! I feel pleased that DH got to make this decision, because I can only imagine how scary it must feel to have absolutely no control over how 50% of his DNA develops and gets released into the world...

Hey you guys are making me consider team yellow.. I have never even thought about it.. But that would be such an amazing surprise! Hmmm.. may talk to hubby abt that one later! :)

Team yellow for us too. We're also not revealing names (we've chosen one for boy or girl already, we've known for months) until baby's birthday.

We're team yellow too, we didn't find out last time either x

We're going to be team yellow too. It really annoyed everyone last time that we didn't know! Lol

You ladies have so much patience. I can barely wait for 20 weeks how the heck you all wait to birth amazes me. lol. I wish I had your patience.

I definitely have to know what the gender is.. I want to decorate the nursery and pick out some cute girl outfits if that's what it turns out to be!

I'm a little sad now.. I see everyone here getting scans done and hearing the heartbeat. I called my doc yesterday to see what to expect at my first appointment (which I will be 10 weeks by then)

NO scan, NO heartbeat check :( Is that just the US healthcare system at work, or just my doctor? I've heard from others I won't get an ultrasound until 14-16 weeks. I'm so very disappointed! It won't feel real to me until I hear a heartbeat!

I definitely have to know what the gender is.. I want to decorate the nursery and pick out some cute girl outfits if that's what it turns out to be!

I'm a little sad now.. I see everyone here getting scans done and hearing the heartbeat. I called my doc yesterday to see what to expect at my first appointment (which I will be 10 weeks by then)

NO scan, NO heartbeat check :( Is that just the US healthcare system at work, or just my doctor? I've heard from others I won't get an ultrasound until 14-16 weeks. I'm so very disappointed! It won't feel real to me until I hear a heartbeat!

Where do you live? I live in Colorado and it is standard to get a scan at the first appointment for viability and dating. They actually call it a viability scan. The 12 week scan is for the nuchal translucency and is optional here in CO. The next one is at 20 weeks to check the babies anatomy and sometimes you get one around 35/36 for weight. That last one is only when they have a reason though.

Where do you live? I live in Colorado and it is standard to get a scan at the first appointment for viability and dating. They actually call it a viability scan. The 12 week scan is for the nuchal translucency and is optional here in CO. The next one is at 20 weeks to check the babies anatomy and sometimes you get one around 35/36 for weight. That last one is only when they have a reason though.

I live in Wisconsin, and work in Minnesota. My MN co-workers told me they never got a scan on their first visit and I don't know anyone that I've yet talked to about WI standards of practice but apparently they are similar. I will ask about it, the worst they can say is no, right?

That's really strange sunenihs. I'm in MO..I was told it would depend on what insurance covers if I would have an US at first appointment (I'll be 10+2) but that at EVERY appointment they would do a heartbeat check. Definitely talk with the doctor. Like you said...the worst they can say is no. I would also call around to other practices and see if its standard procedure in your area or if its just that office.

We are definitely finding out, oh told me after our bfp that he needed to know what it was lol......sunenihs that sucks about your dr, our 1st appt we will get a scan and hear the heartbeat and we are in ca, I would definitely check with other practices and see what they say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->