~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Yeah no matter what there are places that will do scans for ladies who don't have insurance. It may cost $50 (ours is free, for proof of preg to apply for medicaid) but nothing more I'm sure.

I would check into it, bc the last thing you'd want is to NOT go when you could have. Look up some women's health centers, bet they could get you in THIS WEEK! By law there have to be some in your area!

Hi girls can I join please? I've only just found this thread lol

I think I'm due april 23rd

Xx

Congrats Sarah! I'm sure we will all be much closer soon enough!! ;)

I'm in OK and I got my scan right away for dating purposes after a miscarriage. But with my son I also got a scan right away because they thought he was twins when doing the internal check/pap. So with a normal pregnancy where they don't suspect twins, I'm not sure if they would do a viability scan here or not.

With my son I bought my own Doppler for reassurance before I felt him move and I listened to his heart for about 3 seconds a day, just for a quick reassurance.

My local hospital policy is no scan until 12 weeks unless you're deemed high risk. They're really low-interference on the whole pregnancy and birth thing unless there's a pre-existing medical concern, which is good on the one hand but on the other hand I REALLY want to have an early scan and know things are happening in there!

Waiting is the worst. I thought 2 weeks was difficult and I didn't even last that (tested at 12dpo). :dohh:

Welcome Sarah!

How is everyone doing? MS kick in for anyone? I am just waiting for it to kick in for me, have had all day nausea for days, had nausea since right before our bfp but it has been an all day thing since Sunday or Monday.

I was just researching and it seems in MS-prone ladies it starts between 5.5-6 weeks. I'm sure mine will be full blown by then! Just a bit queasy when I'm hungry now though..

Nothing for me so far. My symptoms get worse in the evening, and I tend to feel a bit dizzy and faint from around 8pm, but no nausea so far. Waiting for the ms to hit in the next couple of weeks...

Edit: The one really annoying pregnancy symptom I have at the moment is how oily my hair is getting! I usually wash it every other day and it still looks good on day 2, but now it's lank by about 10am! Feels so gross, but I don't want to start washing it more in case that overstimulates the oil glands. I guess the first trimester isn't supposed to be about glowing.

No MS for me just yet either. Weird to think in a week or two the majority of us will be suffering though :haha:

I haven't had any major symptoms so far really. Bit of trouble sleeping, bit of heartburn, little bit more tired than usual. I seem to run out of energy by about 6pm but I'm finding if I go to the gym and do a class I wake up and feel better :)

I had waves of on and off nausea for a couple of weeks but the real MS hit HARD yesterday. :( I was throwing up, sooooo dizzy, everything was spinning, dinner cooking was making everything 100 times worse. My son went down for a nap yesterday afternoon and I took it with him and woke up feeling even worse. I couldn't even feed him dinner (would have done it if I had to but my mom offered). It lasted all evening. I woke up feeling better this morning but its only noon and I'm back to nauseous and gross.

I had ms with my son but I can't remember a single day as bad as yesterday was. But with my son I had a lot of downtime to lie around and hang my head over the toilet, whereas now I have him to look after and it's HARD. He's the best thing in my life and I wouldn't trade him for anything but I'm a little envious of those of you getting to experience a first pregnancy with no obligations. Enjoy it, there's nothing like it. :)

Ya I always find that going to the gym keeps me more energized, I have only been twice since Friday when I typically go 5x a week but in the am. OH and my mother (who has been in the fitness industry for years) are both telling me I need to take it easy, so with OH gone I have been sleeping in the am, and missing my gym time going to try and go around 4 though today as I miss it and am feeling really lazy.

I have had a bit of light headedness, nausea, extremely tired and headaches (i believe is due to cutting back on caffeine) and things just taste different

OMG I was currently training for a half-marathon, my DH and I are runners but since I had an ectopic pregnancy before I was afraid to run and it sucks! I see him get up in the morning to run (don't miss that) but do miss running! But honestly I have been SOO TIRED that I don't think I could run my 10 miles a day lol! Instead I walk, yoga and I have a pregnancy workout video..I don't do it everyday though..somedays I need sleep!

Xx

Hi Sarah! :wave: :)

We were :yellow: last time but I'd like to find out this time. I reeeaaallly want a girl :blush: so would like to know to get my head around it if I'm destined to be the mum of 2 boys iykwim. DH isn't sure about finding out though so we'll have to see.

I've made myself go to the gym twice this week as normal & it does energise you. Struggling with the tiredness :( A toddler that STTN might help :dohh:

I had my booking appointment today :) Feels much more real now! The MW told me something odd though... Because Rex was over 4kg, I may have to have additional growth scans later on. I've never heard of that before! Has anyone else encountered that? She actually put my EDD as 22nd but I'll leave my ticker as it is until my dating scan :)

Hi ladies :hi:

Newly pregnant and due 27th - 29th April (so I might be greedy and join a May group too :haha:)

This is my second and will probably stay team yellow.

Am feeling good, sore boobs, tiny feelings of sickness now and then and maye a little more tired? Just want this early part to be over with so we can enjoy the pregnancy :flower:

:kiss:

Would love to see people's tests to compare as I have a window of about a week that i OV'd and want to know how far I am :haha:

Xx

We were :yellow: last time but I'd like to find out this time. I reeeaaallly want a girl :blush: so would like to know to get my head around it if I'm destined to be the mum of 2 boys iykwim. DH isn't sure about finding out though so we'll have to see.

I've made myself go to the gym twice this week as normal & it does energise you. Struggling with the tiredness :( A toddler that STTN might help :dohh:

I had my booking appointment today :) Feels much more real now! The MW told me something odd though... Because Rex was over 4kg, I may have to have additional growth scans later on. I've never heard of that before! Has anyone else encountered that? She actually put my EDD as 22nd but I'll leave my ticker as it is until my dating scan :)

My first baby was 7lbs 10oz (so not massive but I've small frame) don't know what that converts to in kg... OH aunty who is a midwife told me that if I were to get pregnant again they may want to monitor baby's weight as my daughter got stuck and got shoulder dyspraxia (sp?) and had to do a few check ups once she was a few weeks/ months.

:flower:

Thanks for that info baby25102011 :) I had a straightforward delivery though so no idea why they would want to monitor me? I'm not exactly small myself :blush: so I must just produce big babies :haha: Congrats on your pregnancy after such a long time TTC :flower:

Thanks for that info baby25102011 :) I had a straightforward delivery though so no idea why they would want to monitor me? I'm not exactly small myself :blush: so I must just produce big babies :haha: Congrats on your pregnancy after such a long time TTC :flower:

No probs :flower:

Maybe just incase it happenes? Lol super babies :haha:

Thanks we were just starting to have IVF appts again so kinda glad it's happened and I didn't have to pay and go through all the needles!

:flower:

Xx

Sazzle! :hi:

We're definitely :yellow: this time but I think I would be the same as you if we already had a boy. I always wanted a daughter and I have one so although I really want 2 little girls, I really don't mind if this one turns out to be a boy.

Olivia's sleep is horrendous at the minute, she's refusing to go to bed and stay there. I think its just a little phase/regression but I really hope she's over it by the time my tiredness kicks in :(

8 weeks today! And I've been having mild to moderate AF cramping. It was scaring me at first and I even made a trip to the bathroom yesterday. This is my first so I really don't know what to expect. I did a little reading and from what I can tell cramping between 8-12 weeks is really normal as the uterus is stretching. I didn't read too much though cause I didn't want to get paranoid with all the stories. If any of you have something to add or share, please do. I'm not having any spotting, just the cramps.

8 weeks today! And I've been having mild to moderate AF cramping. It was scaring me at first and I even made a trip to the bathroom yesterday. This is my first so I really don't know what to expect. I did a little reading and from what I can tell cramping between 8-12 weeks is really normal as the uterus is stretching. I didn't read too much though cause I didn't want to get paranoid with all the stories. If any of you have something to add or share, please do. I'm not having any spotting, just the cramps.

I had cramping a lot in my last pregnancy, not serve just mild/ moderate - from my experience it's very normal :flower:

I've been having cramping every day since I ovulated. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but it was light cramping so I tried not to let it bother me. No spotting or anything. Today I actually didn't have it so that's been a relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->