~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

i guess we wont know exact dates till scans, last time i was moved 4 days. what a big suprise though not to expect and see a bfp!! bet your in shock :happydance:

Yes! Kind of freaked out, honestly :haha: DS is only 6 months old. I don't think it's totally sunk in yet, honestly.

Yes! Kind of freaked out, honestly :haha: DS is only 6 months old. I don't think it's totally sunk in yet, honestly.

Welcome, wamommy and congratulations!

Something I have to share from this evening:

Our parents don't know yet, and we're going to tell them the news when we see them in a couple of weeks. This will be their first grandchild, and they are starting to get grandbaby envy (well, more longing really) from their very good friends whose children have produced one apiece. In addition, my mum has been battling an illness this year, which has left her super exhausted and demoralised at times. This news is going to get them so stoked! So this evening we were talking on Skype and all the time I was fighting this massive urge to just blurt it out, combined with worry that I would make some comment about my due date or not drinking at this wedding we're attending together. It's so weird having this massive life event pressing against my bladder as I talk to them! Hope I can hold out the two weeks, because I really want to tell them in person.

Edit: I should also add that they didn't even know we were trying, and their last update on that subject was that DH really wasn't sure about children (which was true 3 months ago!).

We aren't going to tell my grandparents (great-grandparents-to-be) until after the 12 week scan, so that's going to be another challenge. I Skyped them yesterday and they were like "so, what's new with you both?", and I was like "oh, you know, nothing new really, everything's fine"... (Snort).

It's all so exciting and scary. So much to look forward to, so much to worry about!

wow you did so well not to say anything!! i bet theyll be so pleased for you both, especially as its their first. we werent going to say but then i blurted it to my in laws and then felt bad i called my mum. so now need to start controllong myself:winkwink:

welcome Ladies- safe to say the April thread is booming.. It's nice to see more join and congrats on your mini bumps

I'm so tired My little man decides its fun to get up super early when all I want to do is sleep. Cant complain though Im super lucky to have him.. I had fertility drugs to conceive him and we got the doctor too refer us to the clinic again course I get pregnant as soon as letter got posted and well an appointment came today for Sept 2014.. Lucky I don't got to wait this time :)

Thats amazing how quickly you have fallen pregnant again - be lovely for your little one to have a sibling so close in age, theyll get mistaken as twins as they get older.

I waited 6 years for my first after fertility treatment but he ended up being natural and wasnt expecting this little one so quick - I must say it does scare me a bit having 2x two and under. :wacko:

Ladies, I hopped on the scale this morning and it says I've gained 12 lbs since my bfp 4 weeks and 4 days ago!!!!!! Is that really possible? I have extreme bloating and I can't drink much water due to nausea. My clothes are certainly tighter in the belly and boobs but I don't feel like I have actually gained that much! What do you guys think? Normal? Call the doc? Wait until my appt next week? I'm horrified!!!!

Just stopping by for a good monday morning hello!

Still excited for my scan.. 15 DAYS TO GO!!!!!! Just ordered my traditional medicinals tea and I'm all set to go for the week :) Other than the sickness I had this morning (which was cured by a hot chai and pretzels) things are going pretty swell over here!

BRENN09- NO! Don't worry! In the beginning things happen fast, it could be your body's way of reacting to it all. Plus you retain more water easily! I say if it continues (like another 10 in a month) I would ask a doc, but I'm sure your body is just making some changes.. & I see this is your FIRST so that may also be playing a tiny role in things..

Ladies, I hopped on the scale this morning and it says I've gained 12 lbs since my bfp 4 weeks and 4 days ago!!!!!! Is that really possible? I have extreme bloating and I can't drink much water due to nausea. My clothes are certainly tighter in the belly and boobs but I don't feel like I have actually gained that much! What do you guys think? Normal? Call the doc? Wait until my appt next week? I'm horrified!!!!

I gained ten, but the bloating went down this week and 5 came back off. It's probably the bloating and the lack of water. I bet it will even back out.

Wamommy- Congratulations! What an amazing story. This baby was definitely meant to be!!

Ttclou25- Congratulations! So excited to add another mommy to April.

Morgan- I can't wait to see your scan in 15 days! That will be so exciting! My next scan is September 26th for the nuchal translucency.

Snowywarren- that is so amazing that you fell pregnant so quickly. I have pcos and my second daughter took me 2 1/2 years to conceive. I was on fertility drugs for many many many months. I didn't get on bc after her, we just used condoms, because bc really has negative effects on me. (probably because of the pcos). We decided to ttc and didn't use condoms for one month and I got pregnant. Absolute surprise. I would have never expected it to happen so soon!

AFM- I need to start eating healthier. With my other two I ate and craved healthy foods. All I wanted with my second girl was salads and clear drinks. With my first I wanted nothing but lemons. I would eat lemons like oranges. With this one I want nothing but carbs and crap. I feel so run down and I know it must be the vitamins I'm missing. Thinking of a salad makes me gag, and I love salad! I decided to try and force myself to eat healthy. I made a smoothie with frozen strawberries and plain non fat greek yogurt for breakfast. It was really good and I don't feel as tired today. I just need to find fun ways to eat healthy until this first tri is over. I decided to drag my booty to the gym yesterday and that really upped my energy. It's crazy what kind of effect pregnancy has on a body. I hope you are all doing well. I can't believe I am 8 weeks tomorrow!!! :happydance: All of my m/c's were before 8 weeks, so this is a huge relief.

My back is hurting really badly today. We just moved to Florida from Colorado and all our stuff came yesterday. I wasn't doing heavy lifting but did a lot of bending over and my back is really hurting... I'm so paranoid this pregnancy though. I worry about MC and an ectopic pregnancy. I don't know. :(

My back is hurting really badly today. We just moved to Florida from Colorado and all our stuff came yesterday. I wasn't doing heavy lifting but did a lot of bending over and my back is really hurting... I'm so paranoid this pregnancy though. I worry about MC and an ectopic pregnancy. I don't know. :(

I'm sorry you are hurting. Our backs hurt as it is during pregnancy and even though it wasn't heavy the bending probably made it worse. :hugs: Put a warm compress on your back and see if that helps. I live in Colorado. From where did you move?

I'm sorry you are hurting. Our backs hurt as it is during pregnancy and even though it wasn't heavy the bending probably made it worse. :hugs: Put a warm compress on your back and see if that helps. I live in Colorado. From where did you move?

It's alright, thank you. I've been sitting with the heating paid on low for most of the morning, I hope that helps. I'm much more paranoid this pregnancy than I was with my daughter's.

I moved from Lone Tree, Colorado to near Fort Myers, Florida. :)

Have you had an ectopic before? I have so you can ask me any questions..but if you are truly worried call your doctors and they will get you in for bloodwork or a scan!

It's alright, thank you. I've been sitting with the heating paid on low for most of the morning, I hope that helps. I'm much more paranoid this pregnancy than I was with my daughter's.

I was much more paranoid the second time around. If it gets worse just give the ob a call, I bet they can get a quick check on your little one.

Have you had an ectopic before? I have so you can ask me any questions..but if you are truly worried call your doctors and they will get you in for bloodwork or a scan!

No, I've only had one pregnancy before. My insurance hasn't started yet and I haven't got an OB. :/

I was much more paranoid the second time around. If it gets worse just give the ob a call, I bet they can get a quick check on your little one. I am in Lakewood and work in Highlands Ranch. Crazy how small the world is

My brother lives in Lakewood but I've never really been. I lived borderline Highlands Ranch though but I worked in the DTC.

I hope everything is okay, x__amour! Sounds like it's normal but I get being freaked out, when I had cramps a few days ago I about had a full on panic attack! Re: Ft. Meyer, it's gorgeous there and I bet it'll be nice to not have to deal with the winter blues that come with living somewhere where it snows, ha. My inlaws have a place in Naples, FL that Mr. Peony and I visit in the dead of winter to try to get away!

In other news... I had a shift cut tomorrow and I'm actually pretty happy about it. It was supposed to be a mid and I've been pretty tired lately, so I'm glad I can sleep in then spend some time cleaning out our upstairs closet to make room to start storing baby stuff. My next shifts will be over the weekend and after that hump it'll be time for my scan.. I'm getting excited but still feeling nervous. My boss told me today that her and her husband are sending out lots of good vibes for me.

Hi everyone :wave:

Can I join? I've only just found you after seeing the April Flowers banner on some posts over in first tri.

Based on my last AF my due date is 10th April but I reckon this is at least a week early as I had long cycles and think I ovulated a week later than expected.

This is number 1 for me and DH. Very nervous until we see the scan which I'm guessing won't be until the end of September.

Pretty certain we will be team yellow as we've said that since we first started talking about kids and can't see me changing my mind now!

Hi Loubie, welcome and congratulations!

This is also my first pregnancy, and I'm really nervous too. Googling doesn't help, but this forum is great for reassurance! Glad to see another April bumper join up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->