~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Hi Girlies!

Love the scan pic, Moomin!:thumbup:

So, I need you all to talk me off of the ledge. I tried to find baby's heartbeat on Doppler last night, and couldn't find it. We saw her on the scan Monday, and she was fine. I found her heartbeat last Saturday no problem. I'm only just over 10 weeks, and I know it's early, but I can't help worrying a bit in the back of my mind. Thankfully, I only have to wait until Monday for a scan. Just a bit nervous, now.:shrug:

I still can't find the heartbeat and I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. We saw everything was fine at our scan a week ago so just trying to stay calm and wait until next Monday when we'll have our next scan. I did think I heard movement yesterday but not sure if it's my imagination. It was there for a while and then seemed to disappear and it was more to the left side and centre with no sound at all on the right... The doppler has had to be hidden away anyway as we are going away for the weekend and we have people looking after our dogs so all baby stuff has been put in the car out of sight, so I'm not going to stress myself out trying to find it until after my scan... Or maybe Sunday night :dohh:

Caitlen, I've always had a hard time finding babies in there! I usually hear what I think is a heart beat and the POOF, gone. I think LOs don't particularly like the doppler and "run" from it! :haha: I haven't even tried to find it yet this pregnancy, honestly. I don't want to freak myself out if I can't find it!

Thanks for the replies, ladies. I know I'm torturing myself. I'm really not that worried, but there's always that thought of "what if"?

OK, gotta post this somewhere. I get my first ever scan in a little over a half hour! So nervous and excited! I can't wait to see my little one. :) Tomorrow, if everything is happy and healthy, we tell our family! :)

Caitlin, as the Queen of What-ifs, I totally get it!

Azure girl, good luck at your scan!

Azure girl good luck!

My midwife had trouble finding heartbeat with a doppler rat 16 weeks last time, seriously i wouldn't worry x

Oh also can my due date be changed to 13th April on the front page please :)

caitlen - I got a Doppler with my DD at about 8 weeks and paniced so much when I couldn't find her heartbeat. Of course, she was just in a different position and everything was fine. I've refused to buy one this time. :dohh:

azure - hope the scan went well!

I had my 12 week scan today and was moved ahead 5 days. New EDD is 12th April :flower:

well ladies it has took me all evening to catch up with thread thats what i get for going on two holidays.

welcome new ladies :hi:
nice to see all the scan pics

AFM nausea seems to have stopped yeah, had my 12 week scan yesterday although by my dates i was 13+5 she put me back to 13+1which makes my new due date 8/4/14. Although i watched her do several crl and they were between 13+4 and 13+6 so dont know where she got 13+1 from. Could not do NT measurements as baby was head down and she could not get a good veiw in the 'hamock' shot so because i had scan late i have to go back and have quad screening @ 15weeks. 20wk scan booked for 20th nov

Attachments

• wiggle13+1.jpg
    wiggle13+1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 5
And...it's a baby! Poor thing had hiccups at first. Somehow I was farther along by one week, making my EDD March 29! I swear I knew when I ovulated. So, no NT measurement and no blood draw. What will be, will be. Ah well...But I'll leave you with a scan pic. :)

Attachments

• Image 327.jpg
    Image 327.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 8
My midwife had some issues finding my baby on the doppler too but I had already heard it through a vaginal ultrasound. So if you are worried try to call a private place for an ultrasound! But I think you are ok! :)

What lovely scan pics, ladies!!

Well, thanks for all of your lovely, reassuring comments. I found the heartbeat straight away last night, a nice strong one hovering right around 175:cloud9: If the old wives tale about heart rates is true, we are definitely having another girl!

Glad you found it! My sons was 179 at 9 weeks and 169 at 12. You never know! This one (we think girl) was 168 at 12 weeks, 1 beat different than my sons!

I have not heard HB yet either at US or on my Doppler :cry:

Hang in there bw!

All these stories about not finding the hb on the doppler is cementing my decision not to get one, though the hubby thinks it would be fun. I don't need anything to ratchet up my anxiety levels more than they normally are, haha!

So has anyone had to start wearing maternity clothes?? I finally went shopping today for maternity pants and some shirts. I can't believe how comfortable they are, I'm kicking myself for not buying earlier! I still need to get maternity jeans and a good winter jacket that will fit what I'm sure will be a decent sized bump, though.

Hang in there bw!

All these stories about not finding the hb on the doppler is cementing my decision not to get one, though the hubby thinks it would be fun. I don't need anything to ratchet up my anxiety levels more than they normally are, haha!

So has anyone had to start wearing maternity clothes?? I finally went shopping today for maternity pants and some shirts. I can't believe how comfortable they are, I'm kicking myself for not buying earlier! I still need to get maternity jeans and a good winter jacket that will fit what I'm sure will be a decent sized bump, though.

I have been wearing mat jeans for bout a month now. Not that I'm big just normal jeans too tight.

I've been wearing maternity pants for about 3 weeks now! I haven't purchased any jeans, but work pants! It took me a few weeks to buy them once I got uncomfortable and I definitely wished I hadn't bothered to wait! I tried a belly band but it only took about 3 weeks before it was way too obvious my pants were undone as I was pushing against my pants/belly band so much!

Anyone else been showing since 10/11 weeks? I know it wasn't baby, but it also wasn't only bloat and now I have had much less bloating for weeks now and my belly is further out than my E-cup (and therefore sizeable!!) breasts!! I was slightly underweight when I got pregnant and have been slight most of my life so everyone keeps saying it is normal for me to show this early but it is scary- how big am I going to get by the end?? Any others having this fear?

Brenn- at around week 12 I did notice a bump sort of suddenly, where I hadn't noticed anything before that. Also it seems far more prominent at night. But I'm at 14 weeks now and it doesn't seem any different from week 12. I've heard that it can happen in pregnancy where you sort of notice growth spurts in your belly. But I don't think it's too crazy until end of third tri, when babe will be gaining most rapidly.

I haven't heard heartbeat yet or had an ultrasound! So there are still a few of us left! I have my 12 week appt tomorrow so praying we will be able to pick up a heartbeat. I don't get a scan until 20weeks since I opted out of the testing.

I for sure have a bump but this is #2 for me. I read that you usually show a month early with your second. I find it hard to believe that nobody at work has noticed but then again, I work with mostly males who would never pay attention to that sort of thing.

Assuming all goes well with my appointment tomorrow, I plan to announce on Thanksgiving! (In Canada Thanksgiving is this upcoming weekend).

I'm 10 1/2 weeks and not really showing at all, and this is baby #4!! Too weird... With my last, I was so bloated that I looked 4 months along from 6 weeks. :haha: I do remember a "pop" around 13 weeks, and then another around 20. It certainly comes in spurts. I have a box of maternity clothes that I have yet to bring down. For now I just change to yoga pants at night (when I feel the most bloated) and wear my regular jeans during the day. It must be noted that my "regular" jeans are actually my "fat pants" that I've been wearing since having DS 8 months ago!!

Finallyready, good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Exciting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->