~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Good luck finallyready!

I am totally showing and it's terrible because I feel like I'm in that in-between stage where you are bigger but just look fat. And I have ONE pair of jeans and they are tied together with a rubber band. The first time I wore them like that, I was so happy and was like- I can make this work!! Now, one week later, I'm miserable again and they feel tight and gross.

My maternity clothes are packed away in storage for another month while we move houses. :( I didn't find out I was pregnant until we had already packed everything away- missing my mat clothes and my doppler!!!

Bookworm-I am the same way! I just look fat...no cute belly or anything...grrr I want a cute round belly soon!!

At long last, I had my dating scan today :) All fine :D Baby was wriggling around I measured slightly ahead of my dates so I'm officially due on the 22nd now. Could you update my due date when you get chance, please mumofone? :)

Obviously have to wait for my blood results so officially say, but the nuchal membrane was only 1.3mm so feeling pretty optimistic that I'll be low risk. Just wait for the letter to confirm or the phone call if I'm wrong & am actually high risk.

The past couple of days, I've definitely noticed a drop in my sickness. Hurry up second tri so I can have some energy back as well!

Right, now I know there's a healthy looking baby in there, I'm off to order some maternity trousers & a skirt for work. Had to chuck my ones from last time as I wore them out!

Attachments

• null_zpse14f494f.jpg
    null_zpse14f494f.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
Ahh my maternity jeans arrived a couple of days ago, joy unbound! My old ones went to charity as they were too big (Hooray) but i am also in that awkward phase of not looking pregnant but really . . Really not looking good :/ its making me sad!!!

Hi everyone,

I've been completely MIA! It takes me awhile to catch up on how everyone is doing. It sounds generally well, which is great to hear.

I had some minor spotting the other day which scared me a bit so I went in. Everything was fine! Baby keeps measuring further along than what my dating scan estimated, but the nurse said they never change the due date; they always go by the dating scan and LMP. Is that strange? I read several of you had your due date changed.

I've broken down and bought 2 pairs of maternity pants. OMG so comfortable! I would highly recommend over the rubber band method for sure. You can finally see a bump, though it's just my internal organs being pushed around by my uterus, I keep getting people who want to do the belly touch! So far it hasn't been anyone I mind - and one was even nice enough to ask!

When I had my ultrasound last week because of the spotting, I asked if he could peak between the legs. (I was 14+5) He looked but didn't' come up with an answer besides that it's too early. I'm thinking for that reason alone, it's a girl. I would think if it were a boy, that would be easier to see. Who knows.. I will find out on November 11th though! (Well, if baby cooperates!) I saw someone else finds out that date too. How exciting!

Possibly some TMI here, but where else can I ask this? :blush: Has anyone had extremely sensitive nips? I can't believe how sensitive mine have been to cold! The other day I was shivering so bad that they actually felt like they were burning. It's so uncomfortable, but the only thing that works is to wait for the sensation to go away. It makes me worry about how long I'll be able to handle the pain of breastfeeding.

Also, in one of the weekly e-mails I got, it said the further into the pregnancy you go, you should really avoid sleeping on your back and try to sleep on your sides. I tried that last night and had such a restless night of sleep I'm exhausted today! I sleep on my sides a lot through the nights, but never exclusively. Today, I'm tired and my back is sore! I'm going to have to invest in a body pillow - I've heard those help a lot.

I LOVE seeing everyone's scans and bump pics! On my bump pics I've been writing a little note to the baby about what's going on for my friends and family to see. I hope he/she likes reading them someday!

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I saw some people are getting scans today - good luck!!!

Re: body pillow.. My husband bought me a snoogle because my back has been hurting me a lot. It looks super comfy and I'll let you ladies know how it is once I test it! It's supposed to be arriving on Wednesday :)

Re: body pillow.. My husband bought me a snoogle because my back has been hurting me a lot. It looks super comfy and I'll let you ladies know how it is once I test it! It's supposed to be arriving on Wednesday :)

Could you trace it and send me the pattern? :D

Just kidding! But from pictures, it seems like it'd be an easy thing to sew together on the ole' machine! I really hope it works well, I'll wait for the review. I might try to throw one together and give it a try. I've heard good reviews on them!

Pg pillows are def worth it, i had to throw my last one out after a whole pg, 18 months bf, sitting aid for baby and various other things it had a certain scent!!!

As for nipples not too bad this time but Im expecting it when its bolder they were terrible last time! I found using breast pads was good for extra insulation, many aren't visible from your clothes but you don't feel very sexy! One joy of spring babies is warmer bf :)

Hi guys!! So I had my 12wk scan today!! & My Due Date is now April 19th!! wwhhoo

Here is my scan pic, we are still Team Yellow (although my OH is trying to persuade me to change my mind!) :cloud9:

Attachments

• 1377180_10153300526050207_1158654538_n.jpg
    1377180_10153300526050207_1158654538_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 6
Why do they say not to lay on your back? I also heard they say not to lay on yor left side. So many rules lol

Why do they say not to lay on your back? I also heard they say not to lay on yor left side. So many rules lol

I've read that when laying on your back (later in pregnancy) it puts pressure on a blood vessel that slows down circulation to the baby. But I've also read that your left side is the best side to lay on! Who knows what is true anymore!

What about the right side? Lol I tend to fall asleep on that side with a pillow b/w my knees but when I wake up I'm on my back

Your body will just 'know' when it is time to stop sleeping on your back. You are so early on still that you can still sleep on your back. After about 25 weeks or so, you will simply not want to, as it will be uncomfortable. Trust me, your body will tell you!

AFM FINALLY heard the heartbeat today at my 12 week appt! 151 bpm! :cloud9:

I feel so much better having this reassurance.

I had some minor spotting the other day which scared me a bit so I went in. Everything was fine! Baby keeps measuring further along than what my dating scan estimated, but the nurse said they never change the due date; they always go by the dating scan and LMP. Is that strange? I read several of you had your due date changed.

My doctor told me they would only change my official due date if it was more than 11 days ahead or behind. Even a full week, they would just use the dates they have because they are more accurate earlier in the pregnancy before genetics start to come into play with short/tall babies. :shrug: My baby has been smack on the dates every time, but maybe whenever other ladies are a little ahead or behind they just kind of mentally change the date themselves, if that makes sense? (like it wasn't actually changed by the doctor)

Another lady can confirm if the doctor changed their date or if they just saw the difference and decided to go by the new date.

My Doctor won't change the date unless the baby measures over a week ahead/behind. I remember measuring 4 days ahead last time and being so upset that they wouldn't change it! :haha:

As for lying on your back, I think the recommendation is to start trying to sleep on your side after 16 weeks. It's too early at that point for baby to be pressing too hard on the vena cava, but because it takes some serious sleep training for us back sleepers, it gives you a few weeks to get used to the new positioning. I have a much-loved Snoogle pillow, and have nothing but wonderful things to say about it!

I asked my doctor about a month ago or so about sleeping on your back (as most nights I do). She said it is completely fine to continue to do until it is no longer comfortable, whenever that point is for you... she's a really laid back doctor, which I love!

Hi girls, I just wanted to share my first scan pic! I went yesterday and everything looks good. Baby had a strong heartbeat and now I feel like I can finally relax a bit! :)

LO was having a right good old time in there dancing and kicking her legs about (I think its a her lol)

Sorry it's not a good picture, its a pic of a pic and you can see the table behind it :haha:

Attachments

• 20131007_172523.jpg
    20131007_172523.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi everyone,

I had my scan yesterday and couldn't believe how much LO had grown in less than 2 weeks! It was moving around so much and was amazing to see. We saw him/her rub their eyes which was so cute!! I was a bit disappointed as they only gave me one pic of the head which is a great pic but I wanted one of the full body as well - never mind though it was still amazing seeing it on the screen. Here's the pic:

https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb354/Loulou_1707/image-3.jpg

Mumofone - please could you change my due date to 17th April? Also this is my first baby (don't think that's on the first page).

Sunenihs - they changed my due date because I had irregular cycles and they said they wouldn't give the official due date until the 12 week scan anyway to get accurate measurements.

I'm kind of hoping the baby isn't born on its due date though as it's DH's ex girlfriends birthday and they were together 8 years so don't want baby associated with her lol!!

Hi everyone,

I had my scan yesterday and couldn't believe how much LO had grown in less than 2 weeks! It was moving around so much and was amazing to see. We saw him/her rub their eyes which was so cute!! I was a bit disappointed as they only gave me one pic of the head which is a great pic but I wanted one of the full body as well - never mind though it was still amazing seeing it on the screen. Here's the pic:

https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb354/Loulou_1707/image-3.jpg

Mumofone - please could you change my due date to 17th April? Also this is my first baby (don't think that's on the first page).

Sunenihs - they changed my due date because I had irregular cycles and they said they wouldn't give the official due date until the 12 week scan anyway to get accurate measurements.

I'm kind of hoping the baby isn't born on its due date though as it's DH's ex girlfriends birthday and they were together 8 years so don't want baby associated with her lol!!

Oh Hun- I totally get how you feel, but just know: if that babe is born on ex-girlfriends bday that will wipe away any thought of her in relation to that date.

Gorgeous scan btw, glad it went well :)

Beautiful scans ladies!!!
I have my gender scan in 7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: I won't know the gender until the 19th though. I can't believe I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow. Where did the time go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->