~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Panda, what a gorgeous scan pic!! Glad everything looks good, and that the bleed is nothing to worry about (although I know you will anyway!)

Little Moomin, good luck at your scan! Update as soon as you can!

AFM, I had a wonderful appointment yesterday! Baby A is measuring 2 days ahead, and was wriggling all around:cloud9: It was so cute! baby B has finally started to vanish, which is sad, but makes it easier to focus on the healthy baby we have in there. I am scheduled for my NT scan on Monday, and will only be 10w 6d. Is that too early? I feel like most NT scans are at 12 weeks? They will also be doing the Harmony test.

Hi Caitlinc.

Not sure if 10+6 is early although I do know they have to be done before around 13 weeks as cvs testing cannot be done after 13 +6.

I would have thought they will get you back again after 12 weeks regardless as that is when they will check brain, skull etc and this cannot be done til after 12 weeks.

What is a harmony test??

Tamara xxx

Cait-what do you do for the headaches? Like I get home from work and I can't even clean my house because the headache is so bad it turns into a migraine! Even tyelnol barely helps!

Hi CaitlinC.

Doh just realised what Harmony test its the combined screening isn't? Nunchal Scan and blood test???

Hope I'm right or going to look even stupider lol xxx

Afm-does anyone get headaches? I am 12 weeks and I thought headaches would go away but they are not!!!! I try not to take meds but sometimes I have to or I can't function!

I had really bad headaches from about the middle of the 12th week to the middle of week 13. Before pregnancy I would get get intense migraines for 5 days before AF that even excedrin migraine wouldn't help. These never got to that leve last week, but I certainly know how you are feeling now. Without being able to take medicine, I would say make sure to get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and try to stay as stress free as possible. Mine went away after a week and haven't come back for the last 5 days or so. You can always call your doctor and ask if there is anything besides Tylenol you can take. Hope it gets better for you soon!!

AFM- 14 weeks today and I'm a lemon! :happydance: Appointment tomorrow morning and will get to hear baby again and schedule my gender scan! Nausea is down to just at night (and probably caused more by my prenatal than anything else). So far so good in the second trimester! Hope to see you ladies here soon and that you can find relief from the nausea, fatigue, etc soon!!

Panda, what a gorgeous scan pic!! Glad everything looks good, and that the bleed is nothing to worry about (although I know you will anyway!)

AFM, I had a wonderful appointment yesterday! Baby A is measuring 2 days ahead, and was wriggling all around:cloud9: It was so cute! baby B has finally started to vanish, which is sad, but makes it easier to focus on the healthy baby we have in there. I am scheduled for my NT scan on Monday, and will only be 10w 6d. Is that too early? I feel like most NT scans are at 12 weeks? They will also be doing the Harmony test.

Hi Caitlinc.

Not sure if 10+6 is early although I do know they have to be done before around 13 weeks as cvs testing cannot be done after 13 +6.

I would have thought they will get you back again after 12 weeks regardless as that is when they will check brain, skull etc and this cannot be done til after 12 weeks.

What is a harmony test??

Tamara xxx

Tamarah, the Harmony test, as well as the MaterniT21, are non-invasive blood tests that give highly accurate results regarding genetic abnormalities and chromosomal disorders in the fetus. It goes further than the regular combined screening, and can also give an accurate gender read (although we are planning on being Team Yellow). because I am almost 39, and considered high risk with my vanishing twin, I will be having this test.

Cait-what do you do for the headaches? Like I get home from work and I can't even clean my house because the headache is so bad it turns into a migraine! Even tyelnol barely helps!
Unfortunately, I just take Tylenol, which helps a bit but doesn't make it go away completely. I am hoping they will pass soon, as they can be very debilitating, especially when I am teaching. My students have definitely noticed when I've had them.:wacko:

]

Aww thank you! Yes I got them really bad at like 8-9 weeks and they went away. But now they are coming back and like you said like migraines! I am 12 weeks now so I am hoping it goes away like it did for you after 13 weeks! I looked into tension headache massages and am going to try one next week!

Yayy for a lemon!!! Are you finding out the sex or no?

Afm-does anyone get headaches? I am 12 weeks and I thought headaches would go away but they are not!!!! I try not to take meds but sometimes I have to or I can't function!

I had really bad headaches from about the middle of the 12th week to the middle of week 13. Before pregnancy I would get get intense migraines for 5 days before AF that even excedrin migraine wouldn't help. These never got to that level, but I certainly know how you are feeling. Without being able to take medicine, I would say make sure to get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and try to stay as stress free as possible. Mine went away after a week and haven't come back for the last 5 days or so. You can always call your doctor and ask if there is anything besides Tylenol you can take. Hope it gets better for you soon!!

AFM- 14 weeks today and I'm a lemon! :happydance: Appointment tomorrow morning and will get to hear baby again and schedule my gender scan! Nausea is down to just at night (and probably caused more by my prenatal than anything else). So far so good in the second trimester! Hope to see you ladies here soon and that you can find relief from the nausea, fatigue, etc soon!!

Hi Caitlinc.

What is a harmony test??

Tamara xxx

Tamarah, the Harmony test, as well as the MaterniT21, are non-invasive blood tests that give highly accurate results regarding genetic abnormalities and chromosomal disorders in the fetus. It goes further than the regular combined screening, and can also give an accurate gender read (although we are planning on being Team Yellow). because I am almost 39, and considered high risk with my vanishing twin, I will be having this test.

Unfortunately, I just take Tylenol, which helps a bit but doesn't make it go away completely. I am hoping they will pass soon, as they can be very debilitating, especially when I am teaching. My students have definitely noticed when I've had them.:wacko:

]

Thanks CaitlinC,

I'm with you now. Amazing the new things we learn everyday. I had the combined screening yesterday for downs but didn't have further genetics testing was offered but they called it something else. We're also staying team yellow :baby:

Tamara xxx

Amcolecchi- hope the massage helps!! That sounds wonderful :)

And we are not patient enough to wait on the gender...we are eager to know! I think girl and my DH thinks boy so one of us is right!

Hello :) scan was great, worth the night of sweaty palms and nightmares!!! Baby was measuring exactly on my dates so official due date of 13th April (originally i though 12th so not far out). Was sucking it's thumb and drinking water <3 very sweet, will try and take a reasonable photo of a photo soon :) xxx

Had my scan today was amazing to see it :) had its arms behind its head for most of the scan lol my due date has been brought forward by 2 days so now due the 4/4/14 :) hope everyone's ok :)

Congrats on the good scans!!

HBgirl, hope your little man is doing well!

I am having the best day I've had in 12 weeks!!!! I am so excited, but trying not to get my hopes up, but this is the first day that the nausea is GONE! It's only 1 PM but I've never gotten this far in the day without nausea and I'm over the moon. I've done so much cleaning and getting things done in case it comes back. :( it's been worse at night lately so I'm not counting on a nausea free day completely, but ill take what I can get and I'm taking advantage of today.

I got my blood test results from my 12 week scan and everything is perfect, I'm not sure what mine was called? It's whatever test they give you with your 12 wk scan to determine if there are any problems.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling well today. :)

Congrats on the good scans!!

HBgirl, hope your little man is doing well!

I am having the best day I've had in 12 weeks!!!! I am so excited, but trying not to get my hopes up, but this is the first day that the nausea is GONE! It's only 1 PM but I've never gotten this far in the day without nausea and I'm over the moon. I've done so much cleaning and getting things done in case it comes back. :( it's been worse at night lately so I'm not counting on a nausea free day completely, but ill take what I can get and I'm taking advantage of today.

I got my blood test results from my 12 week scan and everything is perfect, I'm not sure what mine was called? It's whatever test they give you with your 12 wk scan to determine if there are any problems.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling well today. :)

Fingers crossed it stays away xxx

Glad to hear everyone's scans are going so well. Seems like most of us are maybe starting to feel better too? I know my nausea has mostly left me. I only feel sick off I go to long without eating. My main problem now is just exhaustion.

I m so jealous of those of you who are feeling better! At 10 weeks, I figure I have at least a couple more weeks of feeling awful to get through. I remember in my first pregnancy, there was a day where I just woke up feeling normal, and that was it. I am so looking forward to that day!!

so glad your scans went well ladies! How exciting!

Officially 14 weeks! This pregnancy is flying. Probably because I know it is my last, and I'm not ready to be done with the experience yet. lol. Sent out the gender reveal invites. I can't believe I'll know what bubs is in 2 weeks. :cloud9:

This pregnancy is flying for me too; my son's dragged! I think part of it is just knowing its difficult with a newborn plus worry about a newborn and toddler. With my son, I heard it was hard but I had no clue and I was more excited. This time, I'm not wishing away my pregnancy, even though I am excited. I just want to be fully prepared for the new one. DH and I are going through a house buy right now and I will have a ton to do by the time we get into our house. Example- do I buy a new crib? Give my DS's crib to the new baby and buy him a bed? (He'll be 20 months when the new one shows up). So much to do!!

Also, our gender guess was girl, but all I'm buying if its a girl is clothing and bedding/room decor. I'm not getting a new bouncer, receiving blankets, burp cloths, etc. (maybe 1 or 2 new). Any of you expecting #2 plan on buying all new or not depending on gender?

Also, our gender guess was girl, but all I'm buying if its a girl is clothing and bedding/room decor. I'm not getting a new bouncer, receiving blankets, burp cloths, etc. (maybe 1 or 2 new). Any of you expecting #2 plan on buying all new or not depending on gender?

I'm expecting #3. My other two are girls and my DD#2 will only be 19 months when the baby comes. If it is a boy, he will get a new carseat, stroller, blankets, and clothes. No one will care that he has a pink bouncer, so I'm definitely not getting a new one lol. I think we are having girl #3 though. We are putting DD #2 in a toddler bed around 18 months and the baby will use her crib.

I got my 12 week scan done today! They did the NT ultrasound and took bloodwork for the chromosome abnormalities and I wont know those results for a whole week!!! Ahhhh but here is a pic! The baby is kinda twisted in this photo...I wanted to know I heard there was this site where it shows you how to look at an ultrasound at 12 weeks to determine the sex. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I forgot the name! lol!
[URL=https://s802.photobucket.com/user/amcolecchi/media/c5ddbb39-bc35-45f5-b8c5-687df1430177_zpsafff5002.jpg.html][IMG]https://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/amcolecchi/c5ddbb39-bc35-45f5-b8c5-687df1430177_zpsafff5002.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Great scans everyone!

I go for my 13 week check up on the 7th.. I think that's when we'll be scheduling my anatomy scan. Depending on how far out they schedule that, I may arrange for a private scan in the city.

We've decided to do our gender reveal at Thanksgiving, since we're hosting.. is anyone else planning to do it then too? We're going to get those teeny baby pumpkins to put at everyone's place setting and paint a color on the bottom (blue for a boy, pink for a girl), then tell everyone to turn over their pumpkins at the same time.

I'm also in the group of vanishing morning sickness! I did have a really bad tension headache over the weekend but otherwise I've felt great and I'm finally getting my energy back too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->